Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Alright, you guys should expect Spiderman 2099 ;)

Well that's just...amazing! :wink: Thanks for the info! Can't wait to see which other Spider-variants (and to an extent, which villains) are in this set, as that's gonna determine whether I get the set or just BrickLink Spidey 2099. I'm assuming it'll be the classic Rick Leonardi costume and not the disappointing (IMO) new design. That classic costume is one of my favorites, and I always liked Miguel too, so I'm supremely stoked for this!

But the real question is if he will have arm printing or not. I think he really needs it since he definitely won't have leg printing.

Yeah, no dual-molded legs are needed since he's completely blue from the waist down already. But if they do it right, he definitely has to have arm printing, right? And seeing as how this will mostly likely be our only shot at the character, I hope they do it right. I'm also hoping they see fit to include a cape-style web-foil for him.

Huh, now that I'm thinking about arm printing, I wonder if we'll ever see a regular ol' Spider-Man with arm printing. He does have that stripe of red webbing down each arm. How has this never happened? Would he look too out of place or over-complicated? Any thoughts?

First post by the way! Hi all!

Hi! Welcome!

Edited by rob-ot5000

My biggest question as to Spidey 2099 is whether he'll be dark blue or a potential chrome-ish blue

I'm assuming it'll be the classic Rick Leonardi costume and not the disappointing (IMO) new design.

What's the difference between the "new" and original costumes? They look nearly identical to me.

I'm also hoping they see fit to include a cape-style web-foil for him.

If LEGO doesn't produce a proper web-foil for him, I'd use the short web-patterned cape from the Series 14 Spider Lady; Not perfect, but it's better than nothing...

Huh, now that I'm thinking about arm printing, I wonder if we'll ever see a regular ol' Spider-Man with arm printing. He does have that stripe of red webbing down each arm. How has this never happened? Would he look too out of place or over-complicated? Any thoughts?

In my opinion, Spidey ought to at least have red and blue dual-molded arms, if not printed webbing.

My biggest question as to Spidey 2099 is whether he'll be dark blue or a potential chrome-ish blue.

He'll most likely be dark blue, as why would LEGO produce an entirely new color for just one character?

Edited by Sir Gareth

If anything, Lego needs to print Spider-Man on a red torso again, like they did with the movie figures. Most of the time, red printed on blue looks just as bad as flesh printed on black.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

If anything, Lego needs to print Spider-Man on a red torso again, like they did with the movie figures. Most of the time, red printed on blue looks just as bad as flesh printed on black.

No, Spidey's torso should always be red printed on blue, and not the other way around, due to the sides of his torso:

24385677451_e41dbbd47f_c.jpg

If anything is changed, it should be the blue color from regular to dark blue.

Edited by Sir Gareth

What's the difference between the "new" and original costumes? They look nearly identical to me.

If LEGO doesn't produce a proper web-foil for him, I'd use the short web-patterned cape from the Series 14 Spider Lady; Not perfect, but it's better than nothing...

The new costume in the comics has the addition of white. (And a lot of it.)

However, because he appeared in his older, more iconic design in the show, that is the only way I expect him to be in the set.

And I love that idea for the cape, I was going to suggest it before reading your response. Ninja'd. :wink:

The new one has a white mask and chest area. They're almost definitely using the classic look, though, it's the famous one, and it was used in the cartoon show.

I don't love 2099, but he's probably the most famous spider-person that we haven't gotten yet. The others I could see us getting would be (in this order) Agent Venom, Spider-Gwen, (non Comic-Con) Black Suit Spidey, Spider-Man Noir. Of those, the only one I would care about is Gwen

In my opinion, Spidey ought to at least have red and blue dual-molded arms, if not printed webbing.

If anything, Lego needs to print Spider-Man on a red torso again, like they did with the movie figures.

I agree with both of these. As my profile pic shows, I think the Spider-Man 2 figure is the best version. If they added dual molded arms (especially if they print on one half, like the Silver Centurion), and if they either fix the light-on-dark printing issue or if they go back to printing onto a red base, they could give me a new favorite figure. I don't care as much about the web pattern on the arms, though.

No, Spidey's torso should always be red printed on blue, and not the other way around:

If anything is changed, it should be the blue from regular to dark blue.

What? I agree that Dark Blue is better, but until Lego starts using primers again, Bright Red on Dark Blue would look atrocious, and the webs definitely wouldn't show up. That whole figure would look muddled. Spider-Man 2 Spidey all the way!

Original Spidey 2099: http://www.writeups.org/img/fiche/1044a.jpg

vs the new: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/40/4808489-spider-man_2099_1_anka_design_variant.jpg

Sorry for the lack of embeddiness.

Hmm, not a bad thought. The question is, since I hate that figure, do I get it now while it's in stores, or wait to be disappointed by its exclusion before picking one up on BrickLink?

Hmm, sounds delicious.

I think Lego would be best off using a transparent purple short cape with printing.

Hmm, sounds.....wait, what?

The new costume in the comics has the addition of white. (And a lot of it.)

Ah, I see now. I was rather confused since he dons the classic suit in both the Superior Spider-Man and recent Spider-Verse comic series.

Thanks for the clarification! I hadn't seen that new (and particularly awful :sick:) suit before.

Edited by Sir Gareth

I'm assuming that the newer one is part of All New, All Different Marvel, if LEGO are going to make Spidey 2099, they have to use the most common, popular and recognised variant, which is the new one. So obvious they'll make the blue/red variant we all know and love

This Spiderman was shown in the back of the instructions for the doc ock ambush set:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8004/7600286180_24ab648c39.jpg

It looks amazing but, to get this type of SpiderMan is going to take a long time.

Oh, it's beautiful!

Speaking of things in booklets, has anyone actually looked through the newest comic's panels? In the last one, Thanos, Hyperion, and some other character are in three individual cells. The last character may be an unsuited Hydra goon, but I'm not sure, he kind of looks like sort of Tony Stark,must I know it's not. :sceptic: Anyone have a clue?

That'd basically be the only spiderman you'd ever really need! I hope they start printing on dual molding soon

That'd basically be the only spiderman you'd ever really need! I hope they start printing on dual molding soon

They have. The top part was printed in the Big Bang Theory set and the CMF clumsy guy has printing on the lower part.

Spider-Man's webbing is intricate but not impossible. We can only hope. :classic:

Oh, it's beautiful!

Speaking of things in booklets, has anyone actually looked through the newest comic's panels? In the last one, Thanos, Hyperion, and some other character are in three individual cells. The last character may be an unsuited Hydra goon, but I'm not sure, he kind of looks like sort of Tony Stark,must I know it's not. :sceptic: Anyone have a clue?

Iron skull?

Between the merchandise embargo and the fact that X-Men vs. the Sentinel was the worst selling Super Heroes set of 2014, I doubt we'll be seeing more X-Men sets anytime soon.

This was my favorite set of 2014 and I bricklink'd 4 extra Sentinels so at least 5 people bought this set! :laugh:

All joking aside- I am very surprised that this set wasn't well received. I thought the blackbird was solid, the sentinel was great, and the minifigs were fantastic. My only real complaint was Magneto's floating metal segway (which was minor).

Oh, well. The trade embargo has stopped production of X-Men legos for the forseeable future so there's no chance of having a real Juggernaut bigfig. :cry_sad: I may get desperate enough to reach out to Decool.

Edited by Im_the_Juggernaut_Bricks

Nah, he's got a flesh head. It's on the back of the Avenjet box too.

Looking at the comic in my hand, it's clearly a poorly colored Iron Skull, along with a Hydra Goon.

Looking at the comic in my hand, it's clearly a poorly colored Iron Skull, along with a Hydra Goon.

Okay, I thought maybe it was a Hydra goon and the costume lying on the floor. It is very poor colored indeed, in that case.

Hmm, I'm curious about the 4th civil war set being an exclusive or not. It's coming out in the summer wave and we've heard about it for quite some time now. I don't think it's an exclusive.

Hmm, I'm curious about the 4th civil war set being an exclusive or not. It's coming out in the summer wave and we've heard about it for quite some time now. I don't think it's an exclusive.

I'm starting to doubt it's excistince.... Still not sure if i should buy Vision on BL, or wait for this set...

I'd be really happy if this were the case. Exclusive sets tend to be priced more expensively (and harder to find) in my country.