Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Just because of what they said in the DC thread:

Didn't they say that DC's Racers are coming out in Spring and Marvel's in January? I already asked them this a week ago and they answered this: Marvel -> Jan, DC -> Spring. I still find it weird, why would LEGO do this... :wacko:

They are doing this because they need marvel sets to promote in Jan because dc has batman vs superman sets and then in March they need dc sets to promote because of civil war sets

They are doing this because they need marvel sets to promote in Jan because dc has batman vs superman sets and then in March they need dc sets to promote because of civil war sets

That's a good point. I still agree with J2G though, I believe that his sources are still correct and that the Racers will be released March for Marvel AND DC. However, it's possible Marvel may want to release ahead for popularity, profit, and because those racers have some new figures such as Hulk and Gobby, whwereas DC only has reuses of characters from years past, even though they're now in cheap sets.

Doesn't look fitting really, has to be much more sleek and a mouth piece

This. I expect them to go all out and mold something special for him just like they did for Ant Man. They'll get a lot of mileage out of it since he will be CA:CW, his own movie, the Avengers: Infinity War films, and who knows what else.

Edited by dmarvin

Wow this looks nice, is this artwork from CW?

Yes this is artwork indeed

This. I expect them to go all out and mold something special for him just like they did for Ant Man. They'll get a lot of mileage out of it since he will be CA:CW, his own movie, the Avengers: Infinity War films, and who knows what else.

+1

Made a drawing for the topic in question

BK0rTsn.jpg

I think Black Panthers head design will look something like this, sleek, fast, Panther like (of course) and a bit of a resemblance to the Batman cowl

Now for a few others who where wondering, i think Falcons wings would turn out like this:

X3iNEGX.jpg

Flexible plastic like Hawkman wings, opened and closed mode

And now for something i hope we'll get:

A new Arrow mold (Do we even have a regular arrow mold?) where you have the function to put tiny trophy Ant-Man on Hawkeye's arrow to create that scene we are all hoping to see.

T5I1OYP.jpg

The current arrow pieces can be held by a minifigures hand, so that arrows just gotta be a tad wider and it should work. Be better if there was like a stud shooter like with Chewbacca's crossbow

That BP mask looks absolutely gorgeous, kevkipo! I'd love something like that. Unfortunately I have a feeling Lego will take the easy route and just print the mask on a minifig head, like Cap...

Made a drawing for the topic in question

I think Black Panthers head design will look something like this, sleek, fast, Panther like (of course) and a bit of a resemblance to the Batman cowl

Now for a few others who where wondering, i think Falcons wings would turn out like this.

Flexible plastic like Hawkman wings, opened and closed mode

And now for something i hope we'll get:

A new Arrow mold (Do we even have a regular arrow mold?) where you have the function to put tiny trophy Ant-Man on Hawkeye's arrow to create that scene we are all hoping to see.

Wow, great design of Panther mask! I hope that Lego version will be somewhat familiar to your design, but I won't be surprised if Lego decides to save money by using batman cowl. Edited by Captain Nemo
Please Do Not Quote Pictures

K well now that arrow looks so bad. Your design is still great though. And they can't do a printed head, cos the Black Panther helmet/mask thing has ears, so if they were to just make a printed face they would also need to make a new piece to give the ears (I would imagine like Darth Maul) but that would just look terrible, so they would do a new piece for the mask. Makes sense. I know it's not the same but all DC sets this year had a new piece for a minifigure (Space Batman's wings, Gorilla Grodd, Black Mantas head, Hawkmans helmet, Cyborgs head piece) so don't see why Panther can't have a new mask piece

Indeed, most of the time they produce new molds

The new NESICARRY molds would be:

Black Panthers Helmet

Crossbones Helmet

Falcons Wings

Giant Man

Wich is not that much to be honest

Unesicarry (But very cool) molds would be:

New Arrow / Bow

New Mini-minifigure mold

New hair for BW (?)

New Redwing mold

Something new for War machine?

lego will skimp out on a crossbones helmet same way they did with deathstroke and beetle and captain america etc. and i can see how giant man could be done without new moulds. it wouldn't be ideal but it certainly isn't a necessary mould by any means. blank panther will most likely get a new mould for his helmet, i mean come on.. while war machine hasn't even been confirmed for these sets has he? same with hawkeye? this is all speculation so lets maybe take and continue this conversation in that thread? not to be the one with a stick up his a** but it's getting frustrating opening this thread in hopes of factual information or discussion about such but getting nothing but speculation time after time again...

The ask artwork is beautiful! However, I think based on your artwork they may possibly use the Chima Tiger masks. Yikes is my first thought, although if differently colored, they may look nice.

The ask artwork is beautiful! However, I think based on your artwork they may possibly use the Chima Tiger masks. Yikes is my first thought, although if differently colored, they may look nice.

Thanks a lot! and yes indeed, that tought wandered my head today too. Yikes :distressed:

The BP mask sketch is fantastic! Hope that's what we get. I personally would hate for LEGO to give him a Batman like mask/head. I want more African American heads without the face being covered. But I love how the diversity is growing so quickly! Eventually we'll have an awesome mix of female heads and heads of multiple ethnicities!

Great sketches. I love the lower left one. Anyway, superman has dual molded legs in one set for that movie and it's dark blue with red boots. Anyone else hoping Captain Marvel has those same legs??