Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Does anyone know if Captain Marvel actually has a flesh face or a red head, like her comic book mask?

She's got a flesh head in the set.

Does anyone know if Captain Marvel actually has a flesh face or a red head, like her comic book mask?

Both.

I really want that variation! Maybe one set will have the scales like the picture above, then one other set will have him with his age of ultron suit. I don't expect leg printing for cap, superman in the BvS set doesn't have it so I don't think cap will. It would be simple to print the scales on, BvS Batman has a type of pattern design so cap would work the same.

I really want that variation!

+1

That leaked pic of Cap from the Red Skull set was really disappointing. Aside from the slight variation to the head, appears that everything else is the same from the Avengers Assemble Cap -- still no arm or leg printing either...

New look at Cap's suit in the movie.

Huh. Can you guys tell whether the reflective things on his shoulders are straps (like AoU and WS) or decoration (à la Avengers)? I'm not sure I'm feeling this design, but hopefully better pictures can bring me around.

Also, why the heck are t-shirts being made complete with tags for a movie that's 6 months out? Is that normal?

Huh. Can you guys tell whether the reflective things on his shoulders are straps (like AoU and WS) or decoration (à la Avengers)? I'm not sure I'm feeling this design, but hopefully better pictures can bring me around.

Also, why the heck are t-shirts being made complete with tags for a movie that's 6 months out? Is that normal?

This is a better look (a collection of leaked pics from what looks like a Japanese / Asian source):

This is a better look (a collection of leaked pics from what looks like a Japanese / Asian source):

https://instagram.com/p/8hj_oiOXHP/

Wow, thanks, agoodfella77, I didn't realize that was the same image. Guys, having compared the pictures, it's not a new suit. It's a weirdly photoshopped image of promo art for his already revealed suit. The scales were photoshopped on and they don't match the contours of Cap's chest. The currently known suit definitely does not have scale armor, and we have the set photos to prove it. This seriously makes me question the legitimacy of this photo, because the promo looks fine without mail, and I can't imagine Marvel saying to a licensee, "Oh yeah, spoil the fact that he gets a costume change, but do it just by photoshopping the picture we gave you".

Anyway, if it is official, the only problems I had were the scale shape and placement, but because those are suspect, I have no grounds to complain. The shiny things are shield straps, which I love, but already knew existed.

Let's hope that if there's any actual mail, it looks even better and the resulting minifigure is amazing.

I really want that variation! Maybe one set will have the scales like the picture above, then one other set will have him with his age of ultron suit.

Good points! Assuming he does have multiple outfits, I agree; that strategy matches what TLG has done in the past with IM Mk 6 and 7 or Mk 43 and 45. I also think that the suit seen in set photos can still be represented by the AoU minifigure, minor red piping aside. However, the AoU head's flesh printing is pretty bad; I'm hoping they'll finally give us a cowl piece with a flesh head, just like agoodfella77 has done in his profile pic. If they do, it could make even the mostly reused figure new and exciting!

If there is no second suit, I think they'll just update the AoU torso print, because its straight reuse might feel repetitive (AoU*3 and CW*2 would make 5 uses of the torso).

Are those scales? wow that's epic, i tought he was having the same costume all through the movie?

Just a quick question about the racers sets:

Is the Hulk a Comic-version or an MCU-version?

Same for Ultron.

Errrr, Hulk is prelim and has green skin and black Sleepyhead hair. Ultron has the same hat pieces but plain grey torso.

So I read that we will probably see a trailer for Civil War next Friday. This is because, Russia will be premiering it during the new James bond, and it would make sense for them to release the trailer to everyone.

If it's like the images that we have seen from the comic con footage we should get looks at the airport and crossbones sets might look like.

Edited by Marvel_Geek

So I read that we will probably see a trailer for Civil War next Friday. This is because, Russia will be premiering it during the new James bond, and it would make sense for them to release the trailer to everyone.

If it's like the images that we have seen from the comic con footage we should get looks at the airport and crossbones sets might look like.

Sorry, highly unlikely. Most likely Disney won't be releasing it with a movie that isn't theirs, like Spectre, and it will most likely be paired with Star Wars: TFA in December, which is also about when we saw the set pictures for this year's AoU sets. So I wouldn't expect it.

Sorry, highly unlikely. Most likely Disney won't be releasing it with a movie that isn't theirs, like Spectre, and it will most likely be paired with Star Wars: TFA in December, which is also about when we saw the set pictures for this year's AoU sets. So I wouldn't expect it.

That's not entirely true because when I went to see Age of Ultron there were trailers for jurassic world and terminator. I just wanted to make everyone aware that we might see what the sets that we are getting could look like from the trailer. Plus they're late for trailer anyway.

I doubt it, if they were going to release the trailer with Spectre I would expect it to be with the UK release(this week) rather than the Russian release

Sadly, we have to wait for the trailer until December. It's going to be with episode 7. Trust me, I want a trailer to see a preview of what to expect from the sets just as much as everyone else.

That's not entirely true because when I went to see Age of Ultron there were trailers for jurassic world and terminator. I just wanted to make everyone aware that we might see what the sets that we are getting could look like from the trailer. Plus they're late for trailer anyway.

Those were both within months of those films' releases. This will be the trailer premeire. It's also kept under tighter wraps because it's the first film in Phase 3. Disney being Disney will want the fans going to see Star Wars to be paired with fans who are eager to see the trailer to go and increased heir profits at what could be fheir biggest film of the year. So we will have to wait until December to see the trailer, and we may have seen the sets by then, before we see the trailer.

Nope nope nope. Please get the discussion of when a trailer is going to be released out of here. I know why some may think it's relevant - because it will 'show what to expect in the sets.' I'm here to tell you that it's clutter. WHEN the trailer actually comes out, IF there happens to be a relevant shot in it, THEN it's relevant. Before that time, it goes in Culture & Multimedia.

I heard the racers come out in Spring 2016...

Interesting! So we'll be getting the two Avengers Assemble based sets in January, but everything else in Spring?

Edit: Did you hear whether the Juniors set is part of the January or Spring release?

Edited by N_Cat

I heard the racers come out in Spring 2016...

Yes, back when I guessed the lineup with racers in spring, you said it wash true. Somebody said a while back the Marvel racers were in Jauary, but it wasn't true.

I think Juniors are January, Avengers and Batman v. Superman are definitely January, then Civil War and Mighty Micros in Spring.