VBBN

2016 Action Figure Wishlist

• New set for Ekimu. Maybe something similar to Tahu in size ? Also, more Gold.
  • New villains (but no Makuta). Maybe make the similar to each other in appearance (same chest plate, f.e).
  • New pieces. The leg armor from SW Ultrabuilds ? Why the hell not.
  • New shooters. Since Lego doesn't like to utilize new shooters, the spring-shooters from SW will do. Each villain should have one or two.
  • More functions. Rolling into a ball ? Maybe.
  • No Makuta. Keep him for year 3 or even 4 (if it lasts THAT long).
  • An army of small(-ish) villains to help the big baddies. Similar to Bohrok and Bohrok Va. Maybe they could carry extra ammo, or even have some piece that could be fired out of said gun. (head ? Tell me, who would not like to see a body based on a Spring-shooter ? )
  • More Titans. Take example from 2002 and make Mechs that could be piloted by Guardians. or Exo-Toa G2.
  • Another CCBS series. Glorious return of the Dinosaurs ? Knights Kingdom ? Galidor G2 ?
  • A more explored and explained backstory for the Characters.
  • Upgrade the Toa to Toa Nuva (or whatever name they will give to them this time).
  • More masks and as result - collectibles. Get back to the good old days of masks in the sack.
  • More things to win in various contests or something exclusively distributed to a select group of people or released in a certain shop during a certain time period.
  • Combiners with importance to the story line.
  • An Okoto Online Game (OOG).
  • More accessories (return of the Bionicle watch or even the Bionicle sneaker ?). Or even a Power Pack
  • Something similar to the Master Builder Set.
  • An computer game in the vein of Bionicle: the Game.
  • CD or Codes inserted into the box to gain access to a special part of the site (Kanoka Club winks to you) or to get information about the characters.
  • (Only for year 3 or 4) A new Bionicle Movie.

Edited by Frozen Assasin

^Ah, that reminds me I want a video game as well. Although I think an open world hack n slash would be fitting. What with the Toa's killer melee weapons and such, but with a side of exploration.

I wanna see some new torso and bone pieces, and even armor shells (similar to the leg ones from Star Wars), but with the whole bidt in irs place.

Maybe we're getting some new pieces in the Toa upgrade (which is similar to the Toa Nuva). But yeah, it could be very gorgeous and they could be the biggest sellers.

Edited by Chimaninja454

The certainly-fake-1H16-BIONICLE-set-list made me realize something : I want villains with actual names.

I still struggle to understand why a meaningful, descriptive name made up of real words can't be an actual name. I don't remember any fans complaining about Dark Hunter names like The Shadowed One, Ancient, Airwatcher, and Shadow Stealer back in G1 (yes, I know those were all code names, but considering they're the only names the characters were ever identified by, it really doesn't make a difference).

BIONICLE is the only franchise I know of where so many fans are convinced that only names with no obvious meaning (or worse, no meaning at all) can be "actual names".

What bothers me the most is not that their names are real words, it's that, if the rumor is true, for the third year in a row, we would have villains who all share a common name (X Beast, Skull Y, Ghost Z). I want something less repetitive and more unique.

I don't remember any fans complaining about Dark Hunter names like The Shadowed One, Ancient, Airwatcher, and Shadow Stealer back in G1

They all have unique names, though. They're not named King Hunter, Smasher Hunter, Guardian Hunter or Shadow Hunter.

What bothers me the most is not that their names are real words, it's that, if the rumor is true, for the third year in a row, we would have villains who all share a common name (X Beast, Skull Y, Ghost Z). I want something less repetitive and more unique.

I guess I get what you're saying, but all things considered, it's not like G1 didn't have its fair share of repetitive/formulaic enemy names (just look at the Rahkshi, Vahki, and Visorak, which were identified by the suffixes rahk, akh, and rak respectively). I guess it's really the intersection of "formulaic name" and "name with obvious meaning" that bothers people...

Skull Grinder's name is Kulta. Looks like my wish has been granted. :laugh:

Yep. Kulta's a nice, spooky name, and an easy one to remember. No complaints here.

It's gonna drive me nuts if the community has to go through this whole song and dance every time we get a character whose set is named only with English words, though.

If lego insists on giving less specialized species names, at least make them sensible. The beasts, while uninspiring, had names that made sense- what type of beast they were was the prefix. But Skull Grinder? Skull Basher? Aren't these guys skulls? Why are they grinding and bashing themselves? They could have just dropped the needless skull part and it would have made more sense, I guess then they'd sound too much like hero factory villains and they didn't want to go as far as the bionicle names

If lego insists on giving less specialized species names, at least make them sensible. The beasts, while uninspiring, had names that made sense- what type of beast they were was the prefix. But Skull Grinder? Skull Basher? Aren't these guys skulls? Why are they grinding and bashing themselves? They could have just dropped the needless skull part and it would have made more sense, I guess then they'd sound too much like hero factory villains and they didn't want to go as far as the bionicle names

I think it's for identification purposes, like the beasts of IFB. Skull being their gang/species. Basher obviously has a Bashing function, Grinder(Kulta) likes destroying masks, Slicer has 3 blades, etc.

I don't think any of these names are meant to be "species names". More like ranks/titles. And I figure it's meant to be identify them as grinders/warriors/slicers/bashers/scorpio...s with a skull theme. Same way the Fangpyre Wrecking Ball is a wrecking ball with a Fangpyre theme, not a ball that wrecks Fangpyre. Or how the Fire Starter Set is a starter set with a fire theme, not a set for starting fires. In other words, it's a noun adjunct describing an agent noun.

Anyway, it doesn't make any less sense than the term "combiner" that BIONICLE fans have collectively claimed from the Transformers franchise. So-called "combiners" don't combine, regular sets combine into THEM. Still drives me crazy to this day.

I don't think any of these names are meant to be "species names". More like ranks/titles. And I figure it's meant to be identify them as grinders/warriors/slicers/bashers/scorpio...s with a skull theme. Same way the Fangpyre Wrecking Ball is a wrecking ball with a Fangpyre theme, not a ball that wrecks Fangpyre. Or how the Fire Starter Set is a starter set with a fire theme, not a set for starting fires. In other words, it's a noun adjunct describing an agent noun.

Anyway, it doesn't make any less sense than the term "combiner" that BIONICLE fans have collectively claimed from the Transformers franchise. So-called "combiners" don't combine, regular sets combine into THEM. Still drives me crazy to this day.

Which is exactly my point of why it doesn't make any sense, skull is not describing grinder, it is the opposite. Had the set been named the "Grinder Skull" I associate the character as being a skull being that grinds, not as a being that grinds skulls- tying in to your stated examples. (Although with that said, I don't think that's the best grammar scheme to use to create a character's name, whilst with something like the examples you posted it fits better.)

And I think people went from calling them combination models to combo models to combiners without knowing that combiner doesn't mean the same thing.

Traditionally in Transformers each component is a combiner and the completed figure is a gestalt, which makes far more sense of course I agree.

And in any case, I have come to associate Bionicle characters as having names like Kulta. To change the naming scheme is like renaming Optimus Prime into "Truck Prime" or something- I get that they want to make the names easier for kids (or the way I see it, easier on the parents buying the things for their kids) and I doubt it'll change since it likely worked with HF, but it makes me salty.

I mean, "truck prime" is basically his name in Japan. Add in "Lion Prime", "Big Prime," etc....

Actually, his Japanese name is "Convoy", which would basically be just "Truck". And the others would be "Lio Truck", "Big Truck" and so on (which is even worse for Beast Era characters since none of them were trucks).

Moving along, I really, really hope the ghosts rumors are just that. Two undead themes in a row feels really weak in originality (especially when they've been explored in Ninjago before, one of them this very year).

I'd also like for more rebooted G1 characters; so far we've only seen the Toa and Makuta.

I am aware of the semantics, the point you made after is the same one I was making.

Convoy was the name of the character in Diaclone before it was adapted to the Transformers toyline. Technically Optimus Prime was the name change, not Convoy.

That aside, Something else I'd like to see in 2016- More dual purpose tools.

I'm hoping for more Mixels. Maybe finally make a female-coded tribe or use pink pieces? Or at least a water or air-themed tribe...