Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

I've Photoshopped an image of an old Snowtrooper with an AT-DP Drivers legs and a White Kama skirt. I'm not very good at it, but it shows what it would look like. The Kama skirt really makes it stand out.

Updated_Snowtrooper.png

Edited by Ebkas

I posted this a while back. The new snowtrooper with AT-DP pilot legs.

My Bricks & Pieces order came in so I made a few small updates:

- I gave General Veers and the First Order officer Batman's legs to resemble their high leather boots

- The Imperial officer received the Batman legs and a reddish brown hair piece, but lost his hat to the Imperial crew from the Battlefront battle pack

- The Imerpial crew from the ISD micro-fighter received the black hat from the Imperial crew form the Battlefront pack

- I bought a bunch of AT-DP pilot legs for my Snowtroopers to replace their plain leg pieces

24691296810_93aefe61b1_c.jpg

This with a painted pretzel piece at the back might look good.

Or just using a hood to cheat. :tongue:

Thanx mate, no hood is no fun, just need to wait for the female head from the free maker adventure set, then I'm good to go =)

I posted this a while back. The new snowtrooper with AT-DP pilot legs.

That's a new Snowtrooper. And I needed an excuse to Photoshop.

Thanx mate, no hood is no fun, just need to wait for the female head from the free maker adventure set, then I'm good to go =)

You're welcome! I didn't know the new sets came out!

Edited by Ebkas

Just to go back to the dark tan hands for a second they were actually in 2 sets, 8873, 8801, and 8877. Also, how do I make a word a link?

Edited by Kman860

Just to go back to the dark tan hands for a second they were actually in 2 sets, 8873, 8801, and 8877. Also, how do I make a word a link?

Write the word. Then highlight it. click the link icon that you use to attach the link with the word still highlighted. Then put the link in the pop up window as you normally would, click ok. Then it should work!

*snip*

A small update to my hoth rebel. It's doctor Hibbert's legs with a regular white hip. I think the side printing is a nice improvement.

That looks a lot better. No side printing. Another way Lego cutback on the latest Hoth sets.

Edited by Forresto

A small update to my hoth rebel. It's doctor Hibbert's legs with a regular white hip. I think the side printing is a nice improvement.

Looks good, though I'm curious how it would look with sand blue hands to match

What do you guys think about the new Dengar figure? I'm kinda comparing the figure to the actual character and I'm not sure whether I prefer the new one or the 2011 one.

I prefer the new torso, which looks great and more accurate. But there are a couple of things I'm not too sure about. For instance,

the head wrap on the new one seems too round and too low (it's the new headwrap piece), while the old one, used on 2011 Dengar, seemed to do the trick quite fine. It's meant to be pretty tall.

I'm also not sure about the new head. I feel like the head on 2011's Dengar captured his droopy face and the essence of his facial look a lot better. The eye circles on the new one are rather odd as welll, I'm not sure where they came from.

I don't remember Dengar having circles like that around his eyes, nor do I remember his eyebrows being angled like that. But I might be looking at the wrong pictures here. What do you guys think?

250px-Ssd16.jpg3553057-dengar-tesb30.jpg2480da89406880e0506050afef422a7f.png

Edited by General Magma

Well my issue is Dengar's torso and head should be light blue grey or sand blue as the under armor does not read as white at all. The armor print looks great.

The legs also should have gotten printing. I get that it might be a little costly but how do we keep getting so many important characters without leg printing. That should be standard for any armored figure at this point.

What do you guys think about the new Dengar figure? I'm kinda comparing the figure to the actual character and I'm not sure whether I prefer the new one or the 2011 one.

I prefer the new torso, which looks great and more accurate. But there are a couple of things I'm not too sure about. For instance,

the head wrap on the new one seems too round and too low (it's the new pirate bandana), while the old one, used on 2011 Dengar, seemed to do the trick quite fine. It's meant to be pretty tall.

I'm also not sure about the new head. I feel like the head on 2011's Dengar captured his droopy face and the essence of his facial look a lot better. The eye circles on the new one are rather odd as welll, I'm not sure where they came from.

I don't remember Dengar having circles like that around his eyes, nor do I remember his eyebrows being angled like that. But I might be looking at the wrong pictures here. What do you guys think?

I agree on pretty much all those points. I'm considering using these legs once I get my hands on the new Dengar: http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=970c120pb05&name=Hips%20and%20Dark%20Brown%20Legs%20with%20SW%20Armor%20Neimoidian%20Warrior%20Pattern&category=%5BMinifig,%20Legs%20Assembly%5D#T=S&C=88&O={"color":88}.

If i owned both Dengar's Id put the old head wrap and grey hips on the new version for starters, but seeing as i own neither i'll take whatever i can get from lego at this point.

As for my ideal Dengar, his torso would be printed on light bley along with his head bandages, his arms be dual moulded with brown on top and light bley on the bottom and the legs have amour printing. But I think every arm/leg should be dual moulded or printed like all minifig update obsessives :grin:

It is very frustrating that he has no leg printing. All it requires is the sandtrooper leg printing, but wkth both sides having the kneepads. Have them in brown and it would be perfect.

I think denar's head is the problem the white head looks like hes got a skin tight suit then a white towl on his head.

this or a new mold would work better

s-l300.jpg

Write the word. Then highlight it. click the link icon that you use to attach the link with the word still highlighted. Then put the link in the pop up window as you normally would, click ok. Then it should work!

That looks a lot better. No side printing. Another way Lego cutback on the latest Hoth sets.

Thanks!

The new Dengar doesn't use the new pirate bandana...he has the bandage headgear from CMF Clumsy Guy! The detailing on it is nice, even if the height isn't as great as the 2011 old pirate bandana.

Switching from reddish brown to dark brown's also a big improvement, but I agree that 'white' probably shouldn't have been the base color for the torso for accuracy, tho it fits for 'theme' at least (the film costume is meant to be white, but grungy, I think)

I looked back at my Han Solo`s collection and I still wonder why 15 years later they still use that generic brown hair piece for the guy. Only the TFA version had proper hair going for it: they only have to swap the color :(

And yeah, ideally a new mold for dengar would be nice; but the odds of Lego doing that is razor thin; he's not all that bad looking either.

Thinking about it a bounty hunter character pack would sell insanely well, almost Fun in the Park insanely well.

Im not sure the oldman han hair is the best. Sadly only would look accurate with a new mold, but will never happen.

I myself use CW Anakin's reddish brown hairpiece for Han Solo, as shown in the picture below. I also painted the loop end of his blaster pistol silver (which I'll use for Han until I get a BrickArms DL-44).

As you can see, I also went and painted the grey shooter part on Chewy's bowcaster black, and added a black stud in there to fill up the gap. It will do for now!

79a6334c12fc68cf875b76205e301246.png

On another note, I recently also decided to fix the Boba Fett figure's oversized rangefinder - looks much better and more accurate now (all I need for him now is a BrickArms EE-3, and I'm also thinking of adding a torpedo to the top end of his jetpack):

3f79b4702895961923b03533edb7021a.png

The new Dengar doesn't use the new pirate bandana...he has the bandage headgear from CMF Clumsy Guy!

Woops, I knew that - I'm not sure why I wrote down "pirate bandana". :tongue:

Anyway, fixed it! And I personally think the white base torso suits him pretty well.

I myself use CW Anakin's reddish brown hairpiece for Han Solo, as shown in the picture below. I also painted the loop end of his blaster pistol silver (which I'll use for Han until I get a BrickArms DL-44).

As you can see, I also went and painted the grey shooter part on Chewy's bowcaster black, and added a black stud in there to fill up the gap. It will do for now!

On another note, I recently also decided to fix the Boba Fett figure's oversized rangefinder - looks much better and more accurate now (all I need for him now is a BrickArms EE-3, and I'm also thinking of adding a torpedo to the top end of his jetpack):

Woops, I knew that - I'm not sure why I wrote down "pirate bandana". :tongue:

Anyway, fixed it! And I personally think the white base torso suits him pretty well.

I personally like the normal hair for Han, but this actually looks quite nice!

Boba's rangefinder looks great! How was it made?

Also, can you post some pics of the weapons?

Edited by Ebkas

The arealight jetpack I've seen looks way to thick on a minifigure. Did they ever make them flatter?

Also where do people find this brickforge EE-3 I can't seem to find it on sell (I've only seen bootleg versions on aliexpress)

Also where do people find this brickforge EE-3 I can't seem to find it on sell (I've only seen bootleg versions on aliexpress)

Right here! It & most other SW-type weapons are under the "Loose Accessories>Weapons>Catalyst & Energy" categories when you click thru the menus.