Sign in to follow this  
Lord Tyrus

[SoNE Ep. VIII] A Tightening Noose

After his recent promotion to Dark Troopers, Lord Tyrus had been assigned a rather mundane task, in his opinion, one far more appropriate for an ISB officer; seizing an illegally modified podracer, and imprisoning it's builder: a suspected Rebel collaborator, Jorvass Kahan, building modified pod racers in for the Rebellion in order to win them a bet, and therefore a substantial amount of cash. But ignoring orders wouldn't get him anywhere, and it had been because of his great ability to follow orders that he was in his position.

He looked down at his datapad. His scouts had reached the selected zone and made contact, with no casualties. A good sign. Too good. Reports had told Tyrus that the mechanic was very well equipped, with many contacts and people working for him, therefore working for the Rebellion as well. For a squad of 3 scouts to have reached his small overground workshop without any casualties meant a miracle. A miracle, or almost certainly some sort of catch...

17083770797_c24e7149d2_c.jpg

SoNE 8 by Lord Tyrus, on Flickr

Upon reaching the outpost, Tyrus was immediately met by sergeant Davon, with the other two scouts slouched around various parts of the otherwise empty building. He had heard great things about is man. He had been in the army just over a year more than Tyrus had, and apparently had been offered the position of AT-AT commander, yet refused it, preferring to continue his scout work, his great talent in the area and missions completed earning him the attention of the High Command, and also Lord Tyrus. He seemed to him the perfect man for this mission.

After a quick talk with the scout, he learned the mechanic and his workers had fled eastward to a hidden base. Hidden, as the collaborator had thought, to anyone looking, but not to the technology of Imperial Intel. Tyrus knew he would probably need the HawkHead missiles loaded aboard his Scorpion Assault Vehicle. He would be able to file a report of their effectiveness to the Imperial Department of Military Research. If they worked like he had been promised, all that would remain of Jorvass Kahan's underground base would be a mile-wide crater, with him lost with it.

Hopefully, Tyrus thought, the other Imperial agents had fulfilled their missions to do with the upcoming pod race, or the Rebels would gain a substantial amount of money for the war effort from their winnings, which could potentially be the turning point of the war...

And some unedited pics, that are far less savoury:

I like the little tank and the moisture farming equipment lends it the proper Tattoine vibe. I just wish there were a few more pics to see it all.

I like the little tank and the moisture farming equipment lends it the proper Tattoine vibe. I just wish there were a few more pics to see it all.

I have a few, hidden away on Flickr, any particular things you'd like to see?

Moisture equipment is very nice. I second the request for more pictures of these. :classic:

Great base and overall framing. The scorpion is interesting and you did a great job of creating a solid vehicle with a lot of angles.

The scorpion looks awesome, and the building definitely looks like it belongs in the desert - I like how you've got it angled instead of aligned with the base.

"it had been because of his great ability to follow orders that he was in his position.

This is a great line - I can picture your character repeating it in future missions, possibly with more and more bitterness (at least if you keep hanging out with Goatm and I) :classic:

Great base and overall framing. The scorpion is interesting and you did a great job of creating a solid vehicle with a lot of angles.

Thanks! I wanted the Scorpion to look as if it had near-impenetrable armour, hence the angles and small windows.

The scorpion looks awesome, and the building definitely looks like it belongs in the desert - I like how you've got it angled instead of aligned with the base.

"it had been because of his great ability to follow orders that he was in his position.

This is a great line - I can picture your character repeating it in future missions, possibly with more and more bitterness (at least if you keep hanging out with Goatm and I) :classic:

Consider it done! :classic: I wanted to further reinforce Tyrus' bitterness in this build, and I have a couple of ideas of what it will lead to which I will reveal later!

Nice job, the Scorpion Assult Vehicle is excellent, something that fits in the Empire well.