Here a pic I shot a while back when I got my Arealight Bobafett helmet.

-snip

Awesome shot. I love the black background. How do you get it, is it photoshoped or do you use a certain backdrop?

Great job :thumbup:

@desinholic

That Stormie Bowler is really great. Well positioned and absolutely hilarious. Keep it up! :classic:

@Solscud

Your Wampa Scenes are gorgeous. :wub:

What ground and background did you use? The mist is atmospheric and fits perfectly into the scene. How did you create it?

@Solscud

Your Wampa Scenes are gorgeous. :wub:

What ground and background did you use? The mist is atmospheric and fits perfectly into the scene. How did you create it?

Ki-adi-mundi, The ground is a lego plate. There is no background. The pieces are placed inside a clear acrylic box and filled with water. I used a shallow depth of field on Luke with tauntaun. I then sprinkled baking soda into the water as I took a long exposure. I lit it with my iphone over the water.

Awesome shot. I love the black background. How do you get it, is it photoshoped or do you use a certain backdrop?

darth yogi, believe it or not there is no background. I have only photoshopped one background and that was my snow AT-AT shot. I shot this at night with all the lights off in my apartment. I used my iphone to light the figures. Simple as that. If you look at the bottom of the Boba Fett image, you can see a hint of gray at the bottom. That is my table. It is a frosted glass dining table. Since the only thing lit are the figures, everything behind them are black.

Edited by Solscud007

darth yogi, believe it or not there is no background. I have only photoshopped one background and that was my snow AT-AT shot. I shot this at night with all the lights off in my apartment. I used my iphone to light the figures. Simple as that. If you look at the bottom of the Boba Fett image, you can see a hint of gray at the bottom. That is my table. It is a frosted glass dining table. Since the only thing lit are the figures, everything behind them are black.

What kind of camera do you have? I tried that, and since it was so dark the whole picture turned out grainy. What did you have for the screen on the iphone or does it not matter?

Great photo anyway :thumbup:

WWhat did you have for the screen on the iphone or does it not matter?

Get one of those free flashlight apps and set the screen to maximum brightness. Alternatively, you could use a drawing app with an all-white screen. (other colors can of course be used for different lighting results as well)

What kind of camera do you have? I tried that, and since it was so dark the whole picture turned out grainy. What did you have for the screen on the iphone or does it not matter?

Great photo anyway :thumbup:

Yeah what brickdoctor said. The problem with these type of shots is really all in your camera settings. I am using a Nikon D40X, a DSLR. So I have manual control over everything.

If you have a Point and shoot, you can possibly shoot these types of pics. Smokebelch manages very well with his Fuji.

Here are some tips:

set your ISO (film speed) to a low number, 100ASA is great or 200. This will help reduce graininess. However this will cause some problems if you dont adjust for it. With a low ISO speed, the camera may compensate for the low lighting and ISO with a long exposure. However since most cameras use an automatic setup and it will make the judgement how long that exposure will be. Most times it isnt long enough.

So set Exposure time. Some cameras can change this manually but many cannot. If you can you need to increase the exposure time to compensate for the low ISO speed.

Use a tripod for long exposure shots.

Use the self-timer for long exposure shots. this way you wont move the camera from pushing the button. When you push the button, the camera will move. but with the timer, any movement from the camera will have subsided before it opens the shutter.

Just trying out the surfer hair on Jedi Luke with a Ninjago bone.

5678224428_d1a78abd07.jpg

AC

When I got my Surfer during release of wave 2 I put the hair on Luke right away. However, I dont think it works well with Jedi Luke. Jedi Luke in ROTJ is older and more mature. Also his hair is more manicured. I think the old Jedi Luke hair fits him very well. The Surfer hair looks good on young luke like Tatooine or X-wing luke. Even Stormtrooper Luke can use surfer hair.

At first I didnt understand the bone, but now I do!!! Rancor toothpick haha.

Edited by Solscud007

Bane is back with a new picture. There's more to come; the other few Legopics I made during holidays are ready to upload. But I had much to do the last days so it will take a day or two to post them. 

Anyways, here's the first, with a stormtrooper ^^

5680162513_4b9b3fed1f_z.jpg

Lost - BaneStudios

Lovely, Bane. The way the Stormie is posed makes it look like it could either be 'Lost' in-universe and cautiously inching along a rock face expecting to see a Rebel around a corner or 'Lost' as in left lying on a rock by a kid. (I prefer the former - the latter makes me cry for all the LEGO that kids have inevitably lost over the years :cry_sad: )

The trees in front of my apartment balcony are in full green swing. So I tried to shoot an Endor themed speeder shot with my latest Endor Luke acquisition.

lukeleiaendor.jpg

Nice new shots, Solscud and WampaStompa! Your latest is just perfect, WampaStompa, from the pose to the lighting to the shadow.

Lovely, Bane. The way the Stormie is posed makes it look like it could either be 'Lost' in-universe and cautiously inching along a rock face expecting to see a Rebel around a corner or 'Lost' as in left lying on a rock by a kid. (I prefer the former - the latter makes me cry for all the LEGO that kids have inevitably lost over the years :cry_sad: )

Thanky, Brickdocktor :classic: I think I've never lost any Minifig since I collect LEGO. :laugh:

Let's go with the next wave.. wave, haha:

5687151610_93e31eb5bc_z.jpg

Vader and Fett - Flickr

5687151940_462f879453_z.jpg

Vader Waiting 4 Luke - Flickr

Feedback is welcome, as usual!

Greetings

Bane

Wow rather bold for taking your Chrome Vader out to play haha. I would be too worried I would scratch it. I really like the Dagobah feel of the second pic. Now you need a luke in training with yoda on his back haha

Edited by Solscud007

Yep, the second one is looking awesome. Not to say that the first one isn't great, too.

Wow, that Endor shot is amazing Solscud! I simply love it! :wub:

Thanks I got another one in the works but it was raining and I didnt get the angle I liked this morning. So I will have to do it again after work.

So here is the companion image to my Endor Luke and Leia picture. Speeder bike chase!!!!

speederbikechase.jpg

And with motion blur whooooo Lucasarts special effects!!!!! hahaha

motionblur.jpg

So here is the companion image to my Endor Luke and Leia picture. Speeder bike chase!!!!

*snip*

That is a great pic