darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

SOME SET IDEAS:

Senate Duel= 39.99, Comes with x2 red marked Clone Troopers, Emperor Palpatine, Yoda. It would also have 2 regular floating speeders/areas, and Palpatines area. Another one could be either launched, floating, or on a transparent stand (with a stud that can spin.

One thing I noted in the new DK Yoda Chronicles book. (The one with the blue marked Stormtrooper). There is a picture in there of Yoda and Siddious dueling in a floating Senate pod. It's one of the few scenes in the book that is not made from an actual released or announced Lego set. But it looks like it really could be one.

Everybody wants a new massive Cloud City set. So I wondered...

How would TLG do it in real life?

My idea is they could do it just like they did Jabba's Palace.

That means they wouldn't just give 1 set, but multiple combineable ones.

1) A big set, like Jabba's Palace, with a lot of minifigures: Lando, Leia, Han, C3PO, R2D2, Vader, ugnaught, chewie, stromtrooper, Cloud city "trooper". The set itself could be divided into multiple rooms: the prison, the dining room (where they meet Vader), the droid room, a piece of corridor and one of those rooms where Luke fights Vader. This room connects to the spine ("Luke, I am your father" "Noooooo!").

2) Just like the Rancor Pit, a level beneath this set could be constructed. This would be the Carbonite Chamber, including Luke, Han in carbonite, Boba Fett... There would be an awesome play-feature to freeze Han and some things to tip over - in order to simulate the epic final battle. Placing this set beneath the first set would create some height: ideal for the spine of the first set. Now you can really have some depth. This Carbonite chamber could also include a tube for Luke to glide in.

3) The Desert Skiff could correspond to a Twin-Pod Cloud Car, including Lobot and another Pilot.

4) Finally, a new Slave I could match Jabba's Sail Barge. This one could include Boba Fett, Bossk, Han in carbonite... (but now there are a couple of doubles :sceptic: ) I know we got a Slave I not so long ago, so that wouldn't be realistic in the near future.

So here it is: my idea of how Cloud City could be really done by TLG, using similarities with already produced sets. Perhaps I will turn this into a Cuusoo-project one day... when I have time to spare :hmpf_bad:

The idea of having another Boba's slave 1 is unlikely, lego already produced 3 of those, 2 of them being very similar, and very recently. maybe this playset can have a chibi version of slave 1, just like the TIE fighter included with death star playset. Also, I doubt a cloud car would appear as a seperate set, especially with lobot, this set would be very similar to the planet series bespin set.

It will probably be awhile before a new Boba Fett slave 1 but what about Jango Fetts slave 1 there hasnt been a single remake of the original set ever! This years summer wave would have been perfect for it but oh we'll I guess there's the 2014 winter wave.

*we'll is meant to be well (stupid auto correct)

Wants;

- Sets from the Original Trilogy

- More Podracers

- A new rendition of Jango Fett's Slave I

Do-Not-Wants;

- Clone Wars sets

- The Old Republic sets

I could definitely see the Cloud Car as a separate set in the $19.99 range if multiple Cloud City-themed sets are released over a few waves. We've gotten starfighters with named characters in them around that price point before.

My 2014 predictions (Winter)

Jango Fett's Slave I(49.99 TRU exclusive) : Jango, Boba (cadet), Taun We

Obi-wan's Jedi Starfighter(39.99) : Obi-wan, R4

SPHAT (49.99 Target exclusive) : Clone Lt., Clone Private (2), Super Battle Droid(2). Includes removable top hatch so you can put the troopers in, a pair of binoculars for the Lt., and rotatable top cannon. Could also include some trans-blue sticks to create a firing illusion(like the Death Star)

Storm troopers vs. Rebels Battle Pack(12.99): Something resembling the Tantive IV's hallway, with crashable entrance. Storm trooper(2), Rebel trooper(2)

Kashyyk Forces Battle Pack (12.99): Kashyyk Trooper, Wookiee Warrior, SBD(2). Vehicle of some type(i don't really care)

Pod Hunter (19.99) : Perfect counterpart for the Malevolence. Includes Pod. Plo Koon, Wolffepack Clone trooper (dark red markings), Rocket Droids (2)

Darth Vader's TIE Fighter (24.99 Walmart exclusive): Darth Vader (duh)

(Summer)

(TOR set) Forest clash (24.99, Target Exclusive) : Satele Shan, Red old republic trooper, Sith warrior, Malgus. A few trees, and a rock formation.

Venator (109.00 TRU exclusive) : Commander Wolffe (Naval uniform), Red Wolffepack Trooper(2), Captain Lock, Admiral Yularen. Includes Two escape pods, A bridge area, and a Boarding tube.

Recusant Class Destroyer (109.00) : Grievous, Eeth Koth, Tactical Droid, Commando droid(2), Horn Company clone.

Imperial Star Destroyer (90.00): Admiral Piett, Admiral Ozzle, Storm trooper(2)

Eta-Class Shuttle (49.99, Walmart exclusive): Adi Gallia, Anakin, Rex, Phase 1 501st trooper.

Separatist Shuttle Type B(29.99) : K2-B4, OOM-10, 212th Trooper(phase 1, also comes with carbonite case.)

Senate Duel (24.99): Yoda, Palpatine, Shock trooper. Two Senate Pod seats.

Bail Organa's Speeder (24.99): Bail, 501st trooper, the Jedi kid(whose name I forget).

UCS Jedi Temple (Lego Exclusive, 299.99): 8 Jedi (I don't care who, but make Anakin one), 4 younglings, 4 501st clones.

Planet sets (series 5)

Utapau: RGS, Cody (RotS)

Kashyyk: Wookiee Ship, Wookiee warrior.

Umbara: Hover tank, Umbaran

(series 6)

Geonosis: Geonosian fighter, Geonosian.

Orto Plutonia: Freeco bike, Clone Snow trooper

(3rd one to be decided)

Enjoy!

The Sets you can't see are,

Eta Class shuttle(49.99, Walmart exclusive): Adi Gallia, Anakin, Rex, 501st trooper.

Separatist shuttle type b(29.99): K2-B4, OOM 10, 212th trooper( with carbonite case)

Senate Duel (24.99) Yoda, Palpatine, Shock Trooper. Two Senate Pods.

Bail Organa's Speeder(24.99): Bail, 501st trooper, The Jedi Kid(whose name i forget)

UCS Jedi temple(299.99 Lego exclusive): Death Star like. 8 Jedi(including Anakin), 4 younglings, 4 501st clones.

The first planet set is: Utapau: RGS, Cody.

I think you can see the rest :wink:

Enjoy!

Corrected that lol

I don't get the hate towards the old republic sets they're the best sets available

Agreed. The ship designs have been excellent and they've also contained some excellent minifigs too! Although I'm not sure how much longer they'll continue to produce TOR sets given the game hasn't been the smash hit that Lucasarts had hoped for (I personally enjoyed it quite a lot).

Curious as to what the next UCS type set is going to be though... hoping for a Nebulon B, the Venator, or even an A-Wing but as some have posted above, a UCS Jedi Temple (along the lines of a 10188) would be awesome too! From 2015 onwards, you'd think the focus would be on the new trilogy.

The Sets you can't see are,

Eta Class shuttle(49.99, Walmart exclusive): Adi Gallia, Anakin, Rex, 501st trooper.

Separatist shuttle type b(29.99): K2-B4, OOM 10, 212th trooper( with carbonite case)

Senate Duel (24.99) Yoda, Palpatine, Shock Trooper. Two Senate Pods.

Bail Organa's Speeder(24.99): Bail, 501st trooper, The Jedi Kid(whose name i forget)

UCS Jedi temple(299.99 Lego exclusive): Death Star like. 8 Jedi(including Anakin), 4 younglings, 4 501st clones.

The first planet set is: Utapau: RGS, Cody.

I think you can see the rest :wink:

Enjoy!

I think if we got a cw eta it would most likely be from the darth maul Mandalore arc and have a cw sidious as a lot of people have requested one and it was quite a stand out moment of the cw. for senate duel 24.99 just wouldn't work as they'd have to include the podium and more figures than yoda palpatine and a shock trooper to satisfy fan demand. Its one of the largest duels of the saga so it deserves at least a £50 set ideally £60like palpatine's arrest.

My 2014 predictions (Winter)

Jango Fett's Slave I(49.99 TRU exclusive) : Jango, Boba (cadet), Taun We

Obi-wan's Jedi Starfighter(39.99) : Obi-wan, R4

SPHAT (49.99 Target exclusive) : Clone Lt., Clone Private (2), Super Battle Droid(2). Includes removable top hatch so you can put the troopers in, a pair of binoculars for the Lt., and rotatable top cannon. Could also include some trans-blue sticks to create a firing illusion(like the Death Star)

Storm troopers vs. Rebels Battle Pack(12.99): Something resembling the Tantive IV's hallway, with crashable entrance. Storm trooper(2), Rebel trooper(2)

Kashyyk Forces Battle Pack (12.99): Kashyyk Trooper, Wookiee Warrior, SBD(2). Vehicle of some type(i don't really care)

Pod Hunter (19.99) : Perfect counterpart for the Malevolence. Includes Pod. Plo Koon, Wolffepack Clone trooper (dark red markings), Rocket Droids (2)

Darth Vader's TIE Fighter (24.99 Walmart exclusive): Darth Vader (duh)

(Summer)

(TOR set) Forest clash (24.99, Target Exclusive) : Satele Shan, Red old republic trooper, Sith warrior, Malgus. A few trees, and a rock formation.

Venator (109.00 TRU exclusive) : Commander Wolffe (Naval uniform), Red Wolffepack Trooper(2), Captain Lock, Admiral Yularen. Includes Two escape pods, A bridge area, and a Boarding tube.

Recusant Class Destroyer (109.00) : Grievous, Eeth Koth, Tactical Droid, Commando droid(2), Horn Company clone.

Imperial Star Destroyer (90.00): Admiral Piett, Admiral Ozzle, Storm trooper(2)

Eta-Class Shuttle (49.99, Walmart exclusive): Adi Gallia, Anakin, Rex, Phase 1 501st trooper.

Separatist Shuttle Type B(29.99) : K2-B4, OOM-10, 212th Trooper(phase 1, also comes with carbonite case.)

Senate Duel (24.99): Yoda, Palpatine, Shock trooper. Two Senate Pod seats.

Bail Organa's Speeder (24.99): Bail, 501st trooper, the Jedi kid(whose name I forget).

UCS Jedi Temple (Lego Exclusive, 299.99): 8 Jedi (I don't care who, but make Anakin one), 4 younglings, 4 501st clones.

Planet sets (series 5)

Utapau: RGS, Cody (RotS)

Kashyyk: Wookiee Ship, Wookiee warrior.

Umbara: Hover tank, Umbaran

(series 6)

Geonosis: Geonosian fighter, Geonosian.

Orto Plutonia: Freeco bike, Clone Snow trooper

(3rd one to be decided)

Enjoy!

I doubt we will see another venator as the last one was only 2009 and that sucked! The look of it is alright but the scale is off and the design is terrible always bits falling off it and that lift up front to get to palpatine's office always comes off no matter how gently you pull it. Terribly designed set just like the malevolence. if there must be a destroyer then let it be either rots or ot. I do reckon that we will only see Lego sets from clone wars 5th and bonus content series and I reckon after 2014 the clone wars sub-line will be discontinued due to the show ending.

Edited by legofreak86

i don't get the dislike towards theold republic sets, they have been quite good and we've got some new sculpts out of them too! personally i like EU sets in the line.

I doubt we will see another venator as the last one was only 2009 and that sucked! The look of it is alright but the scale is off and the design is terrible always bits falling off it and that lift up front to get to palpatine's office always comes off no matter how gently you pull it. Terribly designed set just like the malevolence. if there must be a destroyer then let it be either rots or ot. I do reckon that we will only see Lego sets from clone wars 5th and bonus content series and I reckon after 2014 the clone wars sub-line will be discontinued due to the show ending.

I didn't get a chance to pick up the last venator, but if it was that bad, then Lego can redesign it. Also, TCW is so rich in material for Lego to create, it would be slightly foolish not to revisit some seasons. I still want a Stealth Ship, as seen in season 2.

I still want a Stealth Ship, as seen in season 2.

That ship reminds me of a paintbrush with a built in fountain pen or something =P.

That ship reminds me of a paintbrush with a built in fountain pen or something =P.

:laugh_hard: It definitely was an ugly and unnecessary addition of a vehicle to Star Wars canon. Wookieepedia says it was based on a pencil, but doesn't have a source for that. I don't think there's a chance it'll become a set, anyways, thankfully.

]

:laugh_hard: It definitely was an ugly and unnecessary addition of a vehicle to Star Wars canon. Wookieepedia says it was based on a pencil, but doesn't have a source for that. I don't think there's a chance it'll become a set, anyways, thankfully.

I just wanted it for the figs it might come with.

I didn't get a chance to pick up the last venator, but if it was that bad, then Lego can redesign it. Also, TCW is so rich in material for Lego to create, it would be slightly foolish not to revisit some seasons. I still want a Stealth Ship, as seen in season 2.

I would like so see some older series stuff too like night sisters and mother talzin. The problem is with the series ending its unlikely they would revisit earlier seasons for potential sets. The audience for the sets may become disinterested in the theme which is why Lego will probably discontinue it. I'm still annoyed that Disney cancelled cw before the end of the show, we will never get to see the battle of coruscant in its full glory! Which is sad :( If the rebel show is bad and teen angsty then it will prove one thing. Disney can't make a good show if their careers depended on it.

Does anyone think TLG will squeeze out the most they can in terms of characters before concentrating on Rebels, Episode 7 etc? Was watching episode 2 and at the Watto scene I wondered how many sets there have been before which could be called boring sets and would Lego ever produce a set from such a simple scene?

I always thought it was a weird homage to Space 1999 and Gerry Anderson shows. It looked like it belonged more there than in the SW Universe.

Does anyone think TLG will squeeze out the most they can in terms of characters before concentrating on Rebels, Episode 7 etc? Was watching episode 2 and at the Watto scene I wondered how many sets there have been before which could be called boring sets and would Lego ever produce a set from such a simple scene?

I'm sure lego will make a good amount of sets from the PT (definitely ones from ROTS) but I'm sure they won't "squeeze out" in terms of characters. Lego has probably learned by now not to make sets from really little and unimportant scenes. From what I remember, it's been a few years since we received one of those sets. But we shouldn't be surprised to see sets that haven't been redesigned in a while. Lego will want to release those before working on Rebels and episode 7.

i don't get the dislike towards theold republic sets, they have been quite good and we've got some new sculpts out of them too! personally i like EU sets in the line.

Yeah, i don't get it either. I find that the Old Republic has the most interesting costumes and aesthetic. The clone war do nothing for except for some certain figs (the mandalorians, cad bane) and i would like to see more old republic sets. Not more vehicles though. Give us something new!

Seconded. I love the Old Republic sets. I pray it stays popular enough to warrent more high value sets. Would love a load of minifigs with an ISD or Falcon sized Harrower-class Dreadnought or Hammerhead Cruiser.

I've not bought a TOR set yet I'd be swayed if there was one that came with an awesome part say a different coloured twi lek headpiece or even a real nicely printed bounty hunter piece. I'm glad that the prints are nothing like the clone wars figures!!

Hi all, here are three of some of my SW wishlist:

Set name: UCS sandcrawler

Minifigures: jawas (x4) c-3po r2-d2 owen lars different worn down droids.

Episodes: 2,4

Description: the sandcrawler will be very similar to it's 2002 version it will feature an upgraded crane, vaccum pipe to suck up droids,cockpit with control panels, junkshop.

Why I want it: two reasons, firstly I missed out on the prievous version and secondly it's just a great set with great minifigures.

Set name: Republic cruiser

Minifigures: Padme, captain panaka, qui gonn jinn, kenobi, r2-d2, 2 other astomech droids.

Episodes: 1

Description: interior comes with cockpit, main hall room. Exterior features Broken machiene and catapult to flick off droids.

Why I want it: A very nice sleek design and as TLG have never done it before 2014 would be a perfect oppotunity.

Set name: order 66

Minifigures: clones ( different types x8) PLO koon, mundi, secure, Jedi on speeder.

Episodes: 3

Description: Different sets which can be combine together featuring different scenes from order 66.

Why I want it: new minifigures will be released new varients of sets such as ARC-170, PLO koons starfighter etc.

Set name: Republic cruiser

Minifigures: Padme, captain panaka, qui gonn jinn, kenobi, r2-d2, 2 other astomech droids.

Episodes: 1

Description: interior comes with cockpit, main hall room. Exterior features Broken machiene and catapult to flick off droids.

Why I want it: A very nice sleek design and as TLG have never done it before 2014 would be a perfect oppotunity.

I'd love to see this one made. The only thing I think would make it better is if it also came with Ric Olie and Queen Amidala (while also getting Padme in the orange handmaiden outfit)