Hello all,

I have recently uploaded to Lego Ideas my MoC of HMS Thunderchild vs a Martian fighting machine. It has been rejected three times now, I had tried to tone down the warfare, violence side of things but to no avail.

I have got the standard Does not fit Lego Themes cut and paste - but for the life of me cannot work out what their issue was. There are other MoCs for war of the worlds including a far more violent cylinder vignette with burning Lego Minifigs. There are other warships -HMS Beagle is doing a great trade at the mo. Cannons and guns are features of many pirate, space and franchise MoCs. I'm stumped?

https://www.facebook...866078816786527 is my Facebook page for the MoC.

Cheers

Derfel

Too big maybe? Project that's on the size on ucs or bigger tends to be rejected. I heard they prefer a project that doesn't have too much parts, to makes it possible to produce, since ideas project tends to get limited budget

Piece count it is in the same league as HMS Beagle. It is big but could easily be scaled down, It's not the final selection I'm worried about they won't even allow it on the forum.

It's what they consider a "modern era" warship. And thus on the verboten list. Exacerbated by the fact that the battleship seems the primary build or model, with the Martian War Machine a secondary detail.

Edited by Faefrost

10987338_869355899792152_1524839930360483697_n.png?oh=ba7dc2aae0dee9a88c8dbb31d8b46ab0&oe=55B340CA&__gda__=1437904544_d995b970c5cd55b8fb1e10cfdfc5dd65

Perhaps:

f. Death, killing, blood, terrorism, or torture

h. Warfare or war vehicles in any modern or present-day situation, or national war memorials

Have you read their guidelines? https://ideas.lego.com/guidelines

Edited by dr_spock

Yes, it will be because of the HMS Thunderchild. A fabulous model, but it's a modern-looking battleship and goes against Lego's policy. HMS Beagle on Lego Ideas is acceptable because it's an old-fashioned sailboat (it would sit well with Lego Pirates) and the emphasis is also on Darwin and his studies of evolution.

I think you'd have more luck if you submitted the Martian War machine on its own - sci-fi or fantasy violence like is usually more acceptable to lego because it's... well... fantasy.

Edited by NathanR

Hmmm! Didn't think 1896 counted as modern? Shame I really enjoyed the build.

Seems like LEGO considers anything ironclad and on is modern.

Your alien tripod is great! Perhaps you should submit it with that and an 1890s street corner scene, much like the Alien Conquest sets where a Martian vehicle is trying to capture a civilian.

Lego's "rules" or "morals" are so silly. You can have this ficticious alien thing attack this sailboat but you better not have it attack this ship because that makes it way to realistic. Give me a break.

However that is a great looking moc.

I don't think it's online yet. Remember, Lego can take a few days to review a project and make it public for voting...

I have resubmitted it - still awaiting at last check.

Edited by Derfel

I don't think it's online yet. Remember, Lego can take a few days to review a project and make it public for voting...

I understand that but I don't understand why they would already provide a URL and then return 404. It seems like if it isn't accepted yet, it should say "under review" or not even generate a URL yet. It isn't a big concern - I just wonder why things work the way they do sometimes. :)

keep in mind that Lego ideas doesn't allow screen caps of the LDD, it's in their guidelines when you submit a project

you can do a render using "LDD to povray"