Jannik

[SoNE Freebuild] Extraction

The fourth part of the story of how I joined the Rebel Alliance, following on from:

Part One - http://www.eurobrick...opic=100455&hl=

Part Two - http://www.eurobrick...opic=100584&hl=

Part Three - http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=104509

I was being held in a detention cell with a pilot, whose name I had learned during our time detained together was Jaina Aldan. When a small group of soldiers rushed into the cell, I had acted in the heat of the moment, and helped to over power the Imperial officer who was pointing his blaster towards her. I had no choice now, I had to go with them. I followed these soldiers through the base, wondering how they planned to escape. It seemed desperate, three soldiers and the pair of us against who knows how many Imperial troops. Jaina seemed calm, and I sensed a slight mocking tone in her voice when she asked the leader of the soldiers, who I later learned was Sergeant Diggs, whether he remembered where the entrance to this base was. He turned to face her and I was suprised to hear him say that we were not heading for the entrance, as that is exactly what the Empire would be expecting. He then explained that he had watched a small freighter land at the base's only docking bay.

16580531050_7dd4549838_z.jpg

The unloading of crates the freighter appeared to be nearly complete as the soldiers burst through the door into the docking bay. They quickly overwhelmed the stormtroopers closest to the door as they caught them off guard. I watched nervously as the remaining troopers took cover behind the crates, which formed natural cover for the troopers closer to the ship.

16581810979_28177dacaa_z.jpg

The situation looked impossible until another small group of rebel soldiers appeared from the opposite side of the docking bay. "What kept you?" was shouted towards them as the two groups surrounded the Imperial troops, who quickly surrendered rather than be caught in the cross fire.

16560667437_2c862c5785_z.jpg

After the Imperial troops dropped their weapons, Jaina and the Sergeant cautiously approached the freighter. "I hope you are not expecting me to pilot that heap of junk" she asked, laughing. "Well, there is a detention cell just waiting for your return if you're not up to it"

16767956555_3a594a8d8b_z.jpg

I climbed up the ladder behind Jaina, taking a seat behind her in the cockpit. As we started to take off, I hoped my first every journey on a star ship would not be my last....

16766789921_8a35d25fb5_z.jpg

To be continued. I would like this to be judged please.

Good story and some nice action with the blaster bolts and flames. I also like the landing platform the freighter is on. The freighter is well designed and certainly has an Empire feel to it! Nice to see you even included a nifty interior!

I'm not sure what the white square is beside the door to the platform though. And I wish the shots were a bit wider at points, like in the 3rd picture you can see some details on the extreme left like the yellow topped pipe, but you can't really see much of it. Strong build overall!

Edited by Kodan Black

Great how you turned that rebels freighter into an imperial ship. And I like how the story is ongoing.

Edited by Jacob Nion

Cool ship! I like how you use different sized curved bricks to give the cockpit a more interesting shape. The landing gear and loading ramp are great details.

I like the story, too, how your character keeps getting caught up in circumstances beyond his control; I'm interested to see how it turns out.

Thanks for all of your nice comments

Great ship. What does the rest of it look like?

Haha I don't know! Maybe one day I will build the whole thing...

Cool ship! :classic: Did you intentionally make it to look like an Imperial version of the Ghost?

Kind of. It's not supposed to be the Ghost, but it is obviously inspired by it. I started out trying to see how easy it would be to build a minifig compatible Ghost, but then decided that I wanted to do something a little bit more original. I think next time I build a ship this size I need to plan a lot earlier how to photograph the interior.

Great ship and docking bay! And I like your story too. SoNE seems full of some of the best story tellers on Eurobricks.