davidmull

10027 train shed.

I like the change of windows! But now it makes me sad they don't come in Light Bley :(

re 7939 cargo train: I would suspect it does fit. The EN is > 8 studs wide.

Edited by pirzyk

The one piece that makes 10027 special is the door 73435c03 (light gray with trans black glass). These are about $25/ 25eur EACH, and this set uses two of them. So those two pieces make up 20% of the total price of a used set (250 eur).

That's hilarious. The IDENTICAL door, but left opening instead or right, is ~$0.35, not $25!!! 73436c03 not 73435.

Ok guys I really want this set,best I can get one misb is €340 am i crazy? I'm going to order with the emerald night. Which is also costing me €340.

So is €680 mad for 10027&10294.

Second hand there €200 so would prefer new.

Edited by davidmull

Rather than pay all that money, why not Bricklink an opposite-handed version of the set? Just build everything mirrored along the train's long axis - this way you can use the cheap door.

I love the shed, got n on Amazon about 2 years ago, expensive but worth every penny. One-off my favourite builds! Would love another or to expand it

I love the shed, got n on Amazon about 2 years ago, expensive but worth every penny. One-off my favourite builds! Would love another or to expand it

What did u pay? Then

Iv picked up 2 of these misb. Iv one sold but my question is how do I know which set might have the old grey parts if at all?

Both boxes are the same but one looks more shiny deeper colours.

Iv heard Lego changed colours of Greys half way through this set.

Edited by davidmull

Since they all come with 9v tracks, I find it hard to believe that some would come with bluish grey

Edited by ronenson

Since they all come with 9v tracks, I find it hard to believe that some would come with bluish grey

There is plenty of 9v track out there in 'bluish grey', what makes it so hard to believe?

There are 9v tracks in "new" bluish grey, just much less than there are old grey.

There are 9v tracks in "new" bluish grey, just much less than there are old grey.

I just learned something new

hi david,

lego hadn't done a shed of this quality although (as others posted, many MOCs exist. i was lucky to buy one off ebay 5 months ago for $200 (used but still in the box with the instructions)

the "Yellow Minifig, Utensil Hand Truck" can cost up to $20. the 2 "Light Gray Door 1 x 4 x 5 Right with Trans-Black Glass" will cost over $20 each. bricklinking (used elements) the rest of the set w/o instructions will run about $150 before postage. might be good to wait for a good deal on bricklink or ebay since you will porb need to use many sellers.

Really love the look of this set from 2003. But it's getting very expensive misb.

Have Lego brought out anything similer in recent years?

Also would it be cheaper buy the parts off bricklink? Or has it any rare parts?

Thanks.

David.

hi david,

lego hadn't done a shed of this quality although (as others posted, many MOCs exist. i was lucky to buy one off ebay 5 months ago for $200 (used but still in the box with the instructions)

the "Yellow Minifig, Utensil Hand Truck" can cost up to $20. the 2 "Light Gray Door 1 x 4 x 5 Right with Trans-Black Glass" will cost over $20 each. bricklinking (used elements) the rest of the set w/o instructions will run about $150 before postage. might be good to wait for a good deal on bricklink or ebay since you will porb need to use many sellers.

I have 2 misb :)

IIRC the shed was on sale at the online shop for about a month (2005 or 2006?). But those were other days (that was also the case with 10183). When I picked the second one it had bley bricks!

I have been gathering the parts to build this shed set, and ouch, it has some pricey elements to it.

I am not going to pay for the doors, am going to modify to substitute the newer 6 high doors, same with the windows. I don't think it will change the look too much. Those 1x14 red technic bricks are ridiculously pricey, if you can even find them, I think just 2 sellers in USA.

The yellow and some green parts are out there too...

Is it that this set is on the list of gouger parts like the Cafe Corner and Green Grocer modulars? Why is it those are the sets I always want to build?! Haha...

I have been gathering the parts to build this shed set, and ouch, it has some pricey elements to it.

I am not going to pay for the doors, am going to modify to substitute the newer 6 high doors, same with the windows. I don't think it will change the look too much. Those 1x14 red technic bricks are ridiculously pricey, if you can even find them, I think just 2 sellers in USA.

The yellow and some green parts are out there too...

Is it that this set is on the list of gouger parts like the Cafe Corner and Green Grocer modulars? Why is it those are the sets I always want to build?! Haha...

I think I added up the parts and they came to €240 second hand. So I just went misb for €340.

I bought a second misb for a friend. So it's rare having 2 upstairs :)

^ I thought about just paying to get the actual set, but I've found that I love the hunt for parts just as much as having the set, so figure it's a good compromise.

Some key parts are becoming extremely rare for it though.

^ I thought about just paying to get the actual set, but I've found that I love the hunt for parts just as much as having the set, so figure it's a good compromise.

Some key parts are becoming extremely rare for it though.

Which parts? I know the hand cart alone is €24.

Doors each are around the same.

The sliding doors are a lot around $4 each, the green 2x2 plate for the drill press is about $4 and up. The yellow spool holder is pricey too and pretty rare. Finding anyone that has more than one of the 1x14 technic bricks in red meant $6 each. That's pricey for me!

I guess a big part is no one seller has more than a couple parts in the right colors.

The sliding doors are a lot around $4 each, the green 2x2 plate for the drill press is about $4 and up. The yellow spool holder is pricey too and pretty rare. Finding anyone that has more than one of the 1x14 technic bricks in red meant $6 each. That's pricey for me!

I guess a big part is no one seller has more than a couple parts in the right colors.

This is very true. It's a pretty rare set and iconic I think. Only proper train building ever made too. It has some very rare parts.

If u even look at sets for sale there's not that many around the world and there huge money on eBay.

I finally got my 2 light gray baseplates delivered, off of BrickLink, so can actually start putting something together. They cost me $6 each. It would be great if Lego made a 16x32 base in gray again. Only new you can get is a 48x48 size currently.

I finally got my 2 light gray baseplates delivered, off of BrickLink, so can actually start putting something together. They cost me $6 each. It would be great if Lego made a 16x32 base in gray again. Only new you can get is a 48x48 size currently.

Good stuff. How much have u spent on parts now?