Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

1 hour ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the one from LEGO DC Supervillains, honestly. 

Terrific, another brightly colored suit design to look forward to then.

3 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

Terrific, another brightly colored suit design to look forward to then.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of that fan, but it does have recent comic precedence in Rebirth. Personally, I’d like to get a white/red split torso, but i wouldn’t hate the head and headpiece from the game to put on the TLBM version. 

We've got our set list for the spring!

76119: Batmobile Pursuit of the Joker (29.99€)

76118: Batman and Robin & Freeze Battle (24.99€)

76122: Batcave Clayface Invasion (99.99€)

76120: Batman and Riddler Heist (49.99€)

76137 4+ Batman vs Riddler (9.99€)

76138 4+ The Joker Escape (39.99€)

Apparently these are all for the 80th Anniversary of the World's Greatest Detective (so hopefully we'll be back to more diverse DC sets soon). Of the four sets, none really seem to imply new villains - just rehashes of Joker, Riddler, Mr. Freeze, and Clayface, but it's unlikely that these will be the only villains in this wave, especially with a new Batcave set. Personally, I'm crossing my fingers for them to expand the Bat-family in this wave - maybe with Spoiler, Batwing, Duke Thomas, or maybe updated versions of Damian and Batgirl? 

Ooo, here's a longshot: what if these are all tangentially movie-based? Pursuit of the Joker has a Keaton-esque Batman and Batmobile tracking down Joker on a parade float, Batman and Robin and Freeze Battle could see Clooney and O'Donnel taking on a Schwarzenegger-style Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy, and the Riddler Heist would have Val Kilmer thwarting Riddler and Two-Face's scheme from the opening of Batman Forever! Of course, that would exclude the Batcave, since Clayface hasn't been in a movie before...or maybe this could be a tie-in to the upcoming DCEU Batman movie?? 

It's pretty unlikely, but a boy can wonder!

17 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Apparently these are all for the 80th Anniversary of the World's Greatest Detective (so hopefully we'll be back to more diverse DC sets soon). Of the four sets, none really seem to imply new villains - just rehashes of Joker, Riddler, Mr. Freeze, and Clayface, but it's unlikely that these will be the only villains in this wave, especially with a new Batcave set. Personally, I'm crossing my fingers for them to expand the Bat-family in this wave - maybe with Spoiler, Batwing, Duke Thomas, or maybe updated versions of Damian and Batgirl? 

Ooo, here's a longshot: what if these are all tangentially movie-based? Pursuit of the Joker has a Keaton-esque Batman and Batmobile tracking down Joker on a parade float, Batman and Robin and Freeze Battle could see Clooney and O'Donnel taking on a Schwarzenegger-style Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy, and the Riddler Heist would have Val Kilmer thwarting Riddler and Two-Face's scheme from the opening of Batman Forever! Of course, that would exclude the Batcave, since Clayface hasn't been in a movie before...or maybe this could be a tie-in to the upcoming DCEU Batman movie?? 

Perhaps then the Clayface set is loosely based on B:TAS? Throw in a grey/blue Batgirl, Alfred and maybe Hatter/Ventriloquist based on the series and that'd be golden

33 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I can promise you they are not based on the DCEU batman movie, that movie isn't a 2019 release so what makes you think they'd warrant a June 2019 Lego set tie in?

The new Batman Movie (2021) will have a noir style and will feature at least 4 Batman villains. 

Penguin is confirmed one of those 4

Rumor has it the Court of Owls will also appear in the movie

So this is what we should expect for LEGO DC 2021

Geeks Worldwide - WARNER BROS. DEVELOPING ANIMATED ‘BATMAN BEYOND’ MOVIE FOR THEATRICAL RELEASE

After concept art of an unknown animated Batman movie was posted on r/DCEULeaks, The GWW did some digging and learned that the Warner Animation Group is working on an animated Batman Beyond movie that will be receiving a theatrical release.

Sources tell us that this is DC’s response to Sony’s incredibly successful animated movie ‘Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse’. They’re currently targeting a 2022 release but that is not set in stone. A cast and crew have not been announced. SuperBroMovies writer Daniel Ritchman also showed us a slate of when WAG movies will go into production, with a DC one in 2020. It’s likely that this is the 2020 project.

On 1/30/2019 at 4:16 AM, TOTDForever said:

I can promise you they are not based on the DCEU batman movie, that movie isn't a 2019 release so what makes you think they'd warrant a June 2019 Lego set tie in?

Well, production starts soon and what better way to celebrate an 80 history than a glimpse at what's to come? Other than that - yeah, no, it's an absolute pipe dream that's almost definitely not happening on any front, it just sounds a lot more appealing than four more basic Batman sets all with the same design with only a logo on the box to make them special :grin::cry_sad: 

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The new Batman Movie (2021) will have a noir style and will feature at least 4 Batman villains. 

Penguin is confirmed one of those 4

Rumor has it the Court of Owls will also appear in the movie

So this is what we should expect for LEGO DC 2021

The only source I can find confirming Penguin is some guy on Twitter who also said he would be the big bad in Birds of Prey, and all of this was two weeks before any actual information was revealed, unless you count Josh Gad campaigning like mad for the role, but that's nothing new for actors to do without insider info. I'm also not sure where the "at least 4" number is coming from, but that seems pretty reasonable, given Reeves said it would feature "a Rogues Gallery" and three is hardly a gallery. Either way, color me excited!

On 1/30/2019 at 4:00 AM, Duncan Young said:

Perhaps then the Clayface set is loosely based on B:TAS? Throw in a grey/blue Batgirl, Alfred and maybe Hatter/Ventriloquist based on the series and that'd be golden

Honestly, that would make a ton of sense. With the BtAS DLC for Supervillains and DC's recent cashing-in, giving that cave the same treatment at the '66 one seems entirely plausible. Plus it would make more sense than doing another normal Batcave so quickly after the LBM one was discontinued. If it's not BtAS or '89, then it's probably got the dinosaur and the penny.

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So assuming that WB's answer to Spider-Verse is also going to be marketed like Spider-Verse, at minimum we should get a loose tie-in set with the Terry of our collective dreams! The real question is: how much of a Spider-Verse response is this? Since it's about the Batman of the future, are we going to do time travel shenanigans? Maybe an even harder parallel and do alternate universes? Or are we just getting a stylized Beyond movie? All of those options are going to really change what sets we get out of this.

Oh, and we also have a release date for the Super Pets movie, just a month before Batman in 2021. So, with Ace and Krypto already in the bag, do you think we're waiting until then to get the likes of Streaky, Ch'p and Dex-Starr, or are we already knee-deep in a wave of LEGO Super Pets?

Just now, Numbuh1Nerd said:

So assuming that WB's answer to Spider-Verse is also going to be marketed like Spider-Verse, at minimum we should get a loose tie-in set with the Terry of our collective dreams! The real question is: how much of a Spider-Verse response is this? Since it's about the Batman of the future, are we going to do time travel shenanigans? Maybe an even harder parallel and do alternate universes? Or are we just getting a stylized Beyond movie? All of those options are going to really change what sets we get out of this.

As far as parallels go, maybe not time travel and/or alternate realities exactly, but just more of a story that looks at Batman's legacy in retrospect through a character newly-reintroduced to mainstream audiences. :shrug_confused:

Also, "SuperPets" movie announced by Warner

So, we should expect a bunch of new animal molds if LEGO makes sets based on this

Related image

Just now, Robert8 said:

So, we should expect a bunch of new animal molds if LEGO makes sets based on this

That, or we'd just see Lego incorporate the preexisting Krypto and Bat-Dog molds into further sets then as indirect promotion.

I know all of the above potential sets are just that, but colour me interested in B:TAS Batcave, Super Pets other than Super, Bat and Wonder dogs, and the Beyond suit. Having seen the SW anniversary sets I am a little more optimistic about the Batsets.

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

As far as parallels go, maybe not time travel and/or alternate realities exactly, but just more of a story that looks at Batman's legacy in retrospect through a character newly-reintroduced to mainstream audiences. :shrug_confused:

I mean, that's kind of what Batman Beyond is by default. I'm just wondering if they're gonna be putting a high-concept hat on it to really go after Spider-Verse or just be content with that story as-is.

OPE, BAD NEWS! The Batman Beyond movie has been officially confirmed by Warner Animation to not be in production. Just a rumor. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've gotta dust off my old Crying Corner! :cry3:

28 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

OPE, BAD NEWS! The Batman Beyond movie has been officially confirmed by Warner Animation to not be in production. Just a rumor. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've gotta dust off my old Crying Corner! :cry3:

Dang it!

Looks like it's official...

Deadline - Warner Bros Approves Robert Pattinson For ‘The Batman’

Warner Bros has approved Robert Pattinson as the star of The Batman, the trilogy of films that Matt Reeves will direct later this year, Deadline hears.

Pattinson has been considered a frontrunner because the filmmaker liked him, but the studio was torn between him and Nicholas Hoult, and wanted both of the actors on tape because this is such a big decision on a cornerstone Warner Bros DC franchise. Those meetings happened yesterday, I’m told, and the decision was made. Hoult, who starred in Tolkien and is about to reprise in X-Men: First Class, was impressive, but Pattinson will be the guy and negotiations will get underway any moment.

On 1/31/2019 at 9:08 PM, Robert8 said:

Pretty much all of the Super-pets have existing moulds. Streaky, Ace, Krypto, Bat-Cow, Plas (Bird). I could see them doing a new mould for Ch'p or Dex-starr but other than that they could just add capes to the existing figures.

For a moment there I thought that pic was from Aquaman.

Not really a fan of the new costume. I don't think it captures the amazon aesthetic at all and also loses some of Wonder Woman's identity by leaving out her trademark red and blue colors.

Ah well, it's a nice variant, and is most likely only used in the final battle.

It's still set in the past after all, I'm sure subsequent appearances will return to the classic get up

Interesting. Definitely drawing from the Post-Convergence look, which I never liked at all. Can't say that I like this much either, but we'll see how it works in the movie. I am glad that they don't feel too beholden to Wondy's more traditional costumes though; it took a very long time before DC let her lose the star-spangled undies. Really I think it just looks wrong without her tiara....

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

@Digger of Bricks this looks like something better suited to Big Barda, but hey, it’s a welcome far cry from the old red and blue.

2 hours ago, wesker said:

Not really a fan of the new costume. I don't think it captures the amazon aesthetic at all and also loses some of Wonder Woman's identity by leaving out her trademark red and blue colors.

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

Ah well, it's a nice variant, and is most likely only used in the final battle.

It's still set in the past after all, I'm sure subsequent appearances will return to the classic get up

1 hour ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

Interesting. Definitely drawing from the Post-Convergence look, which I never liked at all. Can't say that I like this much either, but we'll see how it works in the movie. I am glad that they don't feel too beholden to Wondy's more traditional costumes though; it took a very long time before DC let her lose the star-spangled undies. Really I think it just looks wrong without her tiara....

Apparently, it's supposed to be inspired after her "Golden Eagle" armor from the comics:

1559781107876_WWAmazon-armour.jpg?width=922&height=&mode=crop&anchor=topcenter&quality=75