Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14 Rumors and Discussion

Zombie Skateboarder

I'm laughing at this, imagining they're gonna zombify every CMF now. I guess it's a unique kind of rehash, but the idea loses its charm after so many of them.

I'll probably only get the book if I like the skateboarder's parts.

Edited by telaruhn

This has to be some kind of joke: Another zombie? Another skater? :sick:

Are they out of their minds???

Unbelievable.....

Edited by Robert8

I'm not surprised, and it could turn out okay. Perhaps their reasoning was "Zombies and skateboarders are the most frequent concepts in the CMF line. Combining them would create a character that would embody the theme!"

Note to mods: the Disney filter still isn't totally fixed. the word PR_NK is not reverted.

I'm not surprised, and it could turn out okay. Perhaps their reasoning was "Zombies and skateboarders are the most frequent concepts in the CMF line. Combining them would create a character that would embody the theme!"

I hope they'll find out at some point that there other characters in this world rather than zombies, robots, cheerleaders and skaters.

Next minifigure will be a robot zombie....

Note to mods: the Disney filter still isn't totally fixed. the word PR_NK is not reverted.

LOL I didn't notice it

Could the Fly minifigure will be appear as a mutated pest exterminator that is similar to Ultra Agents Spyclops.

Edited by legofanatic12

This has to be some kind of joke: Another zombie? Another skater? :sick:

Are they out of their minds???

Unbelievable.....

They have missed a trick here. It should have been a historical zombie skater.

Could the Fly minifigure will be appear as a mutated pest exterminator that is similar to Ultra Agents Spyclops.

I don't know. If he's half-anything, he'd have the body of a scientist, not an exterminator. Since we've already got a scientist, I think he'll be a full-on fly monster.

So far they have reused all the CMF new headmoulds so far with the exception of the S6 Minotaur and the S13 Alien Tropper

It's sure to assume we'll see The Fly headpiece reused somehow

So far they have reused all the CMF new headmoulds so far with the exception of the S6 Minotaur and the S13 Alien Tropper

Did they ever reuse the Gray from S6?

Did they ever reuse the Gray from S6?

No, but I'd like a green version. Although the molds they haven't reused don't lend themselves well to it. A lady Minotaur wouldn't be distinguishable from the male, for example. I wouldn't expect a Fly reuse.

Why r y'all complaining about a skateboarder? The last cmf we had that had a skateboard was Simpson wave 1 about a year ago and b4 that was wave 6 regular line.

I want to get the book, especially for a new skateboarder

No, but I'd like a green version. Although the molds they haven't reused don't lend themselves well to it. A lady Minotaur wouldn't be distinguishable from the male, for example.

The lipstick would give it away.

Because Imaginext has an idea of the Fly Mutant monster.

http://4.bp.blogspot...ery+Figures.jpg

Yeah, but LEGO already has a mutated exterminator. And the Fly is traditionally a scientist who mutated, not an exterminator. I think the two fly monsters are coincidences.

The lipstick would give it away.

It's still the lest believably female mold in the line, so adding lipstick and eyelashes would be pushing it too far for LEGO's standards.

Edited by 8BrickMario

It's still the lest believably female mold in the line, so adding lipstick and eyelashes would be pushing it too far for LEGO's standards.

Careful, they might read that and think it's a dare.

What about the Gingerbread Man's head from S11? Is there some Oreo Man I haven't seen yet? :p

Careful, they might read that and think it's a dare.

I think we'll be getting a Lady Minotaur about the same time as when we get Medusa Man.

I've gotten over the idea of mythology character gender swaps as being a bad one ever since the Lady Cyclops has been around. These character archetypes don't have to keep being perpetuated as mythological one-offs of a certain gender. I guess I can understand that some people prefer mythological 'accuracy', but said accuracy is only based on fictional stories. Gender swaps of characters such as a Lady Minotaur would push the envelope and challenge our perception of these archetypes. What is a Minotaur than a man with the head (and possibly feet) of a bull? So is having a female one really that different?

The idea transcends to other themes, but I wanted to use mythology as a more overt example.

All that being said, the execution of the character plays a critical role in whether the rehash of the mold, and by extension the figure itself, is successful or not.

Getting this back on topic to Series 14, if there's a circumstance that would warrant it, then you can bet we'll be seeing head molds being reused (including the Fly Monster). The Lady Cyclops proved to me that anything is possible in the CMF line.

I've gotten over the idea of mythology character gender swaps as being a bad one ever since the Lady Cyclops has been around. These character archetypes don't have to keep being perpetuated as mythological one-offs of a certain gender. I guess I can understand that some people prefer mythological 'accuracy', but said accuracy is only based on fictional stories. Gender swaps of characters such as a Lady Minotaur would push the envelope and challenge our perception of these archetypes. What is a Minotaur than a man with the head (and possibly feet) of a bull? So is having a female one really that different?

Kind of, yes, since the bull part is male too.

Exactly. Some of the molds from this series I see being reused are the Crazy Witch's hat/hair (future witches or DC's Scarecrow), Tiger Girl's hair (Julie Newmar Catwoman-it has to be in the works already), Zombie Cheerleader's hair (City figures, any version of Harley Quinn without hair) Zombie Businessman's hair-if that is his hair (City figures), the probable molded scythe for the Grim Reaper (Scarecrow again), and the Specter's hair (they'll find some way to use it). The only molds that won't see much more use are the Scientist's head and the wolf mask. LEGO will indeed try to reuse molds at any given opportunity, but if the reuse can't be excused by logic, they won't do it.

Yeah, but LEGO already has a mutated exterminator. And the Fly is traditionally a scientist who mutated, not an exterminator. I think the two fly monsters are coincidences.

I knew it already. Spyclops from Ultra Agents is actually a mutated exterminator spider. If the Fly is a mutated scientist, this could be great for Symbiote Scientist minifigure.

Kind of, yes, since the bull part is male too.

To me, the only thing that distinguishes the "bull" part is the horns. And those can easily be removed. But even that's not decidedly relegated to bulls, since regular LEGO cows have those horns.

Not that I'm saying the mold should be re-used in this context, but it's really not a far-fetched idea. I think you were caught up on the fact that I used the word 'bull' because the word is unavoidable when describing what a minotaur is. I didn't think I needed to specify that a female minotaur would have the female cow parts. :p

I think we'll be getting a Lady Minotaur about the same time as when we get Medusa Man.

I'd buy both. 2 Lady Minotaurs if they were white with big black spots. Edited by obsidianheart

To me, the only thing that distinguishes the "bull" part is the horns. And those can easily be removed. But even that's not decidedly relegated to bulls, since regular LEGO cows have those horns.

Not that I'm saying the mold should be re-used in this context, but it's really not a far-fetched idea. I think you were caught up on the fact that I used the word 'bull' because the word is unavoidable when describing what a minotaur is. I didn't think I needed to specify that a female minotaur would have the female cow parts. :p

And that is why lego would need to slap lipstick on it, to make sure the point that she is female is well and truly made.

It used to be that the Minotaur was a specific character, the half-bull of Minos. Yet reasonably modern fiction has turned it into a minotaur, any half-man half-bull (or maybe half-woman half-cow). Same with Medusa, she was a specific character but now seems to represent any snake woman / snake-haired woman. Who knows, in 1000 years time maybe a kardashian will be anyone with a large bum and an elsa will be any mythical creature that can create ice.

At least LEGO seems to recognize that. Medusa is treated as the real character, as is the Minotaur. Lady Cyclops doesn't break any rules, as there are multiple Cyclopes in mythology.

Although, a farm-cow colored Lady Minotaur would be hilarious and an instant buy for me.

As for this series, I wonder what's up with that mysterious ghost head. I agree with Robert8, it seems that the shadows were printed too low under the eyes, but I still can't stand the expression. And as to who it belongs to?

1. The Specter, if it's not female (no eyelashes)

2. The Grim Reaper.

I'd rather the head didn't belong to either one, because it's just horrible, and doesn't suit either of them that well. I'm just hoping they didn't screw up the Gargoyle's face.