Piranha

Do you use your lego?

To get our minds off BS being down/gone forever (maybe) :'-(

I thought I would ask a little question

Are you a collecter who just displays models in glass high security vaults or

Do you actually use and play/MOC with your lego?

:-)

If a mod or an admin wants a poll, feel free to add one

Piranha

I always play with my Legos. Sometimes I moc but thats only so I can play with it when I'm done taking pics.

Such as, I once built a big medieval celebration scene. I took some pics of it. Then I sent in the Revolutionary navy to blow the island to kingdom come. >:-) :-D Great distraction btw.

Edited by zouave

Some sets I display and have no intention of breaking, but most I leave together for a while and break later so I can make something else.

I usually only display them because I have this mental problem and I have to build with all of the Lego letterings on the bricks aligned with others and it has to be perfect, and I can't stand it if it is disturbed.

I have the same problem as Grand Moff Viceroy, but it's only until they're built. Then I play with them to my heart's content! However after I play with them I rebuild it all and set it as a display, where it collects dust until I get another set to add to the collection. Ah, good times...

I play a little bit, though not nearly as much as I did before my dark ages. It's sad, but I just don't seem to have the imagination for that type of thing anymore. I wish I did. I spend most of my time building, take a picture, then start with a new one.

I make large dioramas with what I make as well as any sets I have in a particular theme. I am much too neurotic to play with my legos in the traditional sense anymore. What I consider playing is posing minifigs to handle their swords/spears/muskets as realistically as possible while charging/besieging/boarding something. Get me help :-)

To be completely honest, i really only display most of my legos. I construct a moc take pics and 95 percent of the time take them apart to build bigger and better things unless i'm 100 percent satisfied with it

I usually only display them because I have this mental problem and I have to build with all of the Lego letterings on the bricks aligned with others and it has to be perfect, and I can't stand it if it is disturbed.

I'm also like that.... I've some ideas that I would like to build them out..... but always feeling that I don't have enough parts to make a perfect MOC.

I did that for my Sonic Screwdriver, making sure all the printing was aligned. I've actually no idea why. I'd show you the MOC, but, oh yeah, it's on BS...

I have quite a few models on display, but that doesn't mean I don't play with them. Lego is, after all, a toy. I also play with MOCs sometimes. I believe the word is 'swooshing' ;-)

Edited by Brainbox

I build and display. When I was younger, I played with them but now I'm a little old for that. Everything justs sits on a shelf. Actually, everything just sits in my whole basement on multiple shelves. :-)

I used to play more, but now its only building. I end up taking things apart shortly after i take pictures though... (i don't have a large enough collection to keep things sitting on shelves. or the funds to buy a bunch more :-( ) Sometimes i do what zouave does and blows things up >:-)

I MOC.

I don't consider MOCing playing. Honestly, it takes far more discipline to produce a well-designed MOC than it does to simply build and display a pre-existing model. Heck, I rarely buy sets anymore. For me, the very point of this hobby is MOCing.

Well, I display most of them but when I build something with them (I really like to build with LEGO) it takes a while until they're re-assembled.

I display the boxes too.

I play with them in once and a while too I guess.