Help! I was sleeping before the summer pics came out and when they were deleted! Somebody mind pointing me in the right direction on where to look? Thanks!

I sincerely hope that the new villains are in no way affiliated with Makuta.

Lego, if they are, we're gonna have problems.

If you guys have an overarching villain planned, t had better be somebody new.

Edited by Jetrax99

I sincerely hope that the new villains are in no way affiliated with Makuta.

Lego, if they are, we're gonna have problems.

If you guys have an overarching villain planned, t had better be somebody new.

The villain appears to be the Mask Of Ultimate Power and the dark forces that it has, as per the press release

While Makuta may be a villain for a few years, the MoUP and the dark forces appear to be the main threat

I'm away for a few hours, and this all happens....My thoughts:

1) THESE ARE PRELIMINARY. Some of you are getting so angry, and viciously attacking LEGO and BIONICLE itself, because you saw a blurry prelim of a set. These guys have placeholder masks, no box art, and very likely unfinished color schemes, pieces, and overall design.

I won't even bother to criticize the sets yet (except for MMvsSG). That being said, I do have some notes:

1) Skull Slicer appears to be lassoing the golden mask, almost like he's trying to steal it. Same with Skull Scorpion.....so is their a chance that these are not their own masks? I can't think of what it would be though......Maybe Protector masks with legs? :tongue:

2) From what I could tell, they all have gearboxes.

3) Grinder has a pretty unique build. Those shoulder connections use System pieces.....Also, his leg armor does look like Lewa's mask. Maybe it has printing?

4) EKIMU!!!! :wub: Oh, he's beautiful! But can anyone tell how he's built? From what I see, I'd say it's POF's build--but Ekimu has elbows. And the torso looks different......

5) I was right! MOCR and the Golden Protector mask!

Overall, these sets.....have potential. From where we stand, they look pretty bad, but I am sure that these are nowhere near finalized.

Edited by LN-01354

Skull Scorpio will almost certainly use trans-light green instead of trans-yellow, because he uses two Bohrok eyes on his stinger, which haven't been produced in trans-yellow since 2005.

I think Grinder will use trans-red instead of trans-orange, because of the color beneath him. The crack beneath Ekimu is blue, and he uses trans light blue, and the color beneath Grinder is red, so logically he should have trans-dark red.

Hard to say what color Basher's upper-arms will be, but I hope they're trans-purple. I think he's the most frightening villain, and he'd look better with a darker color than pink.

I also noticed that the four smaller sets have sketches on their box covers, giving an idea of what their backgrounds will look like. The only one I can make out clearly is Basher's, it looks like he's running down a stairway. I think it will look pretty cool.

Skull Slicer appears to be lassoing the golden mask, almost like he's trying to steal it. Same with Skull Scorpion.....so is their a chance that these are not their own masks? I can't think of what it would be though......Maybe Protector masks with legs? :tongue:

And hands are visible below the masks on Slicer, Basher and Scorpio's boxes. Perhaps they're shown stealing the masks from the Toa. Or perhaps the wave is set in the past and they stole the masks from Ekimu and then hid them in the first place.

4) EKIMU!!!! :wub: Oh, he's beautiful! But can anyone tell how he's built? From what I see, I'd say it's POF's build--but Ekimu has elbows. And the torso looks different......

I built a rough model of him when we had the LDD designs;

http://i.imgur.com/HxpA8jh.jpg

Essentially he's a fire protector front build, the back is just a gearbox WITHOUT the gears behind the head. Instead the gears are positioned similar to Lewa's gears.

I also noticed that the four smaller sets have sketches on their box covers, giving an idea of what their backgrounds will look like. The only one I can make out clearly is Basher's, it looks like he's running down a stairway. I think it will look pretty cool.

- Skull Warrior has the four other sets in the background similar to Witch Doctor's box art, he's in the same location as Slicer and Scorpio

- Skull Slicer appears to be in a desert of some kind with cracked rock under him

- Skull Basher is walking down steps that lead to a volcano/mountain

- Skull Scorpio seems to be going over the same desert/like area

And hands are visible below the masks on Slicer, Basher and Scorpio's boxes. Perhaps they're shown stealing the masks from the Toa. Or perhaps the wave is set in the past and they stole the masks from Ekimu and then hid them in the first place.

The hands appear to be bulky, perhaps even using the hand piece we saw with CHI Laval. I honestly would'nt be suprised if the shadow is from another villain, perhaps Makuta; The Mask Hoarder who we will probably see in set form next year.

Edited by Scarilian

Ekimu's trans-blue armor looked as if it was attached to the gearbox arms he has. His lower legs look a little weird, but he's easily the winner of the wave.

I can agree fully. Give these time to be finalized and released and people will be all over them. I am reserving my judgement on them myself until we see better pictures.

Yeah, the overreaction and doomsaying here is to the point of parody.

Yeah, the overreaction and doomsaying here is to the point of parody.

Yeah, because the last time we got prelims of BIONICLE (aka, 3 months ago) the sets looked nothing like the final versions. :sarcasm:

Edit: 1111th post :D

Edited by JayWalker

Yeah, because the last time we got prelims of BIONICLE (aka, 3 months ago) the sets looked nothing like the final versions. :sarcasm:

Edit: 1111th post :D

And the overreaction and doonsaying is still to the point of parody. It feels like I just came back with dinner and someone had set fire to the house.

People are running all over, someone put a hole in the flatscreen, VBBN is unconscious, the couch is overturned, Aanchir is on fire...

And the overreaction and doonsaying is still to the point of parody. It feels like I just came back with dinner and someone had set fire to the house.

People are running all over, someone put a hole in the flatscreen, VBBN is unconscious, the couch is overturned, Aanchir is on fire...

I wonder how that would happen, lol.

The hands appear to be bulky, perhaps even using the hand piece we saw with CHI Laval. I honestly would'nt be suprised if the shadow is from another villain, perhaps Makuta; The Mask Hoarder who we will probably see in set form next year.

They're drawings, and don't look like any part. But they have five fingers, just like Tahu (and certainly like the other Toa). I wonder if they'll be on the final box art...

It'd be pretty disappointing if they just gave us the Toa masks again. But I seriously have no clue what it could be.....Re-colored Protector masks? Or maybe Ekimu made other masks of power......?

Yeah, because the last time we got prelims of BIONICLE (aka, 3 months ago) the sets looked nothing like the final versions.

Right. I'm sorry, these sets are DEFINITELY final......I mean, Ekimu will surely have the exactly-same-printed Ninjago disk, S. Grinder will not include that mystery mask, and some of the villain will have Witch Doctor's mask, others will wear a Skull Spider. Oh, and every box will be white.

It's pretty difficult to notice, but apparently, there is a stamp on each box that says "Preliminary Image".

So that's why they dropped out of the conversation. :laugh: Anyway, I totally agree:

LEGO: "Hey, guys this is just a rough idea of what the sets will *basically* look like, but--"

Us: "They look terrible!! What have you done?!?!"

LEGO: "Well, they don't accurately depict the sets; they're preliminary. That means--"

Us: "BIONICLE IS RUINED! I HATE LIFE!!!!"

Everyone needs to calm down, and wait for the official images.

Edited by LN-01354

The over-reaction is natural, many aspects here are likely to cause some backlash;

- CCBS bone piece without a ball and socket

- Colour schemes that are questionable at best

- Builds that are very plain and generic

- Skull Scorpio being a complete mess

I mean the best set their we have is Mask Maker Vs Skull Grinder and thats just a fire protector with a gearbox fighting a very simplistic basic build generic badguy;

http://board.ttvpodc...034afb48781.png

http://board.ttvpodc...7a80d0d40d3.png

http://board.ttvpodc...0adb453ebbe.png

Unless the finalised sets have a lot of changes their will be a lot of disappointed fans on here.

-snip-

This will most likely be deleted, but here it is temporarily.

Pm'ing might be better if thats an option

Edited by Scarilian

Some of the bone pieces are indeed kinda unuseful for experienced MOCing. But the the new longer ones... not sure about it but look at the white ones on Scorpio's tail... is that a pinhole?

Right. I'm sorry, these sets are DEFINITELY final......I mean, Ekimu will surely have the exactly-same-printed Ninjago disk, S. Grinder will not include that mystery mask, and some of the villain will have Witch Doctor's mask, others will wear a Skull Spider. Oh, and every box will be white.

It's pretty difficult to notice, but apparently, there is a stamp on each box that says "Preliminary Image".

LOL, you didn't even read my post XD

LOL, you didn't even read my post XD

What are you talking about? You basically stated that these are finalized:

Taking the sarcasm into account, you said that the first leaks looked exactly like the final version......Implying that these would be the same case.

I think the gold Toa masks are placeholders for other masks because 1) there's not much of a point getting a power-up mask for a figure you don't own/duplicate power-up mask, and 2) only four of them are featured; Tahu and Gali's masks are completely absent. However, the "skull villains stole the masks and are guarding them now" idea has some credibility too. With as little information as we have, deciding what is true at this point would be silly.

Anyway. I'll just let the set discussion sort itself out and wait for more finalized pictures. :classic:

The Ekimu set is amazing! Definitely a must-have. Loving the MoCr. I'll reserve judgment for the rest till we get better pics (hopefully of the actual sets themselves at Nuremberg next week) but for now, I'm loving the 2 new blade pieces! Very Bionicle.

It's not a printed disk, it's a molded disk. There's no way for it not to be the same. Skull Grinder does include the mystery mask; it's his face. (You seem to be implying something much more illogical: that the mask we've been shown this entire year won't be in ANY of this year's sets.) And, blurry as the images may be, I can say right now that none of them use Witch Doctor's face. Most (if not all) of them have their final faces, or at least close to them.

I'm not saying nothing will change, but I HIGHLY DOUBT any of these are in for any sort of significant overhaul.

What are you talking about? You basically stated that these are finalized:

Taking the sarcasm into account, you said that the first leaks looked exactly like the final version......Implying that these would be the same case.

Ha, no, you didn't read my post. Let's do some dissection on my post, shall we?

When did I ever say the prelims were finalized? Show me. Because what my post was actually implying was that the original prelims were very close to the final design. If I wanted my post to state that these designs wouldn't change, I would have written it so.

Edited by JayWalker