Yay, videos!

Non c'est pas mal.

I rather like the ambiance. I'm definitely getting a sort of Jim Henson/Dark Crystal vibe.

The voice acting isn't first rate (comparisons to Thomas the Tank Engine are certainly apt,) but it isn't bad by any means. I don't mind the same person doing most of the voices, like an audiobook, so long as they each have a distinctive character. Since we haven't seen any of the Toa together, it remains to be seen if this is the case. Though given that these are animations, I wish they had gotten a voice actress for Gali. It seems odd, given all the care and attention that LEGO is lavishing on this reboot, that they couldn't manage an additional voice.

Re the Vahi and the Temple of Time: The repeated easter-eggs depicting it in its original form seem to put paid to the idea that the fellow at Comic-Con was simply saying "We'll have the Vahi, only better!"

It feels weird seeing it amidst all the Gen 2 characters. Though given its nature, it makes an appropriate relic.

Also, the heroes will "find the Mask-Maker." Given that he's been laid to rest by the Protectors, perhaps that Temple is going to be of use in more ways than one.

I also find the Temple's pendulum, while a nice touch, funny, given the lack (as far as I remember,) of clocks in BIONICLE GEN 1.

I wonder how many animations there'll be. I figure each month there'll be at least one new episode that focuses on one of the Toa. So, for instance, January would be Tahu's quest and so on. That'd take us to June. July, the Toa can team up and defeat LOSS, and then it'll be August where the summer sets can be introduced.

-Lewa and PoJ are gonna get spidered up soon.

I'm not sure what you've meant - I can only assume you were referring to the third story animation where skull spiders lurk in the bushes... aaand each other Toa/Protector duo face the same challenge as spiders surround/ambush them. Furthermore, the Toa character videos are also set after the said story animation, showing how they obtain their golden mask and defeat the spiders. So I don't really see this foreshadowing. Am I missing the point?

Btw I never liked that Lewa infection subplot and I am not fond of these videos either. Not that I'm giving too much a damn about the story anyways. *shrugs*

Edited by wghost

Ha ha, I was right about the Temple of Time having something to do with the Toa's arrival! Tahu's arrival is hilarious, and I loved the scene where the Protector of Fire revealed his stud launcher. Overall, these are pretty good. Although the third minisode is more of an advertisement with some plot progression (more than we got with IFB in less than a tenth of the time).

I have finally been able to get home see the animations and I have to say that I love the narration, the tone, and so on. Looking forward to seeing more down the line!

I wonder how many animations there'll be. I figure each month there'll be at least one new episode that focuses on one of the Toa. So, for instance, January would be Tahu's quest and so on. That'd take us to June. July, the Toa can team up and defeat LOSS, and then it'll be August where the summer sets can be introduced.

That actually sounds like a plausible plan and one I would take if I were Lego. Perhaps two a month, one being the Masters doing battle and the other being the Protectors teaching them something.

I hate the Vahi references. There, I said it. That's because I think they are less references, as they are just FUTURE PLOT.

I hope Gen 2 doesn't end like this:

POF: "Oh, the signal we activated was an inter-dimensional portal that took you Toa out of your universe and into ours!"

Tahu: "Oh, so what do we do now?"

POF: "Well, go back, I guess."

Tahu: "So, we protected all of you, and saved Ekimu, and.....It really has no effect on us?"

POF: "Yeah."

Tahu: " :sceptic: "

Edited by LN-01354

I don't see anything to indicate that easter eggs in the form of random Vahi-shaped items will be an indication of some strange futility (not really the right word) or uselessness of the plot... pretty sure they're just easter eggs after all.

An easter egg would be like putting in a Hau somewhere, or maybe the Bohrok symbol. Not retreading the same easter egg multiple times. So what do we have here? We've seen the Vahi, the Vahi and... the Temple of Time, which was used to bring the Toa to Okoto after a massive rumor from NYCC about the Vahi and the Gen2 being like the Star Trek reboot, which brought an old character through time travel into a new universe with new versions of the original characters.

I'll be totally unsurprised if it turns out that they just want to stick the Vahi into every episode at least once. I also don't see any way in which various images of the Vahi appearing would connect to the story itself - the whole "Bad Wolf" thing from Dr. Who comes to mind, which I think would be a bit strange for G2 Bionicle.

An easter egg would be like putting in a Hau somewhere, or maybe the Bohrok symbol. Not retreading the same easter egg multiple times. So what do we have here? We've seen the Vahi, the Vahi and... the Temple of Time, which was used to bring the Toa to Okoto after a massive rumor from NYCC about the Vahi and the Gen2 being like the Star Trek reboot, which brought an old character through time travel into a new universe with new versions of the original characters.

It's been said a few times since NYCC that the "Star Trek" metaphor was made solely to indicate that this is a reboot. The rumor that the Toa are sent through time and space from the Mataverse to the Okotoverse sourced from an unintentional implication, as far as we are aware.

Do we know for sure? No. But this seems to be the consensus from everything NYCC and after. Especially given the videos, in which the Toa appear to have (somewhat) different personalities from their Gen 1 versions.

That said, were the Toa sent through time within the Okotoverse itself? That is more ambiguous.

It's been said a few times since NYCC that the "Star Trek" metaphor was made solely to indicate that this is a reboot. The rumor that the Toa are sent through time and space from the Mataverse to the Okotoverse sourced from an unintentional implication, as far as we are aware.

Do we know for sure? No. But this seems to be the consensus from everything NYCC and after. Especially given the videos, in which the Toa appear to have (somewhat) different personalities from their Gen 1 versions.

That said, were the Toa sent through time within the Okotoverse itself? That is more ambiguous.

I don't recall ever saying in the past month or so this was going to be a continuation inside of a reboot. I was stating the facts, not implying a connection.

But, I'll play devil's advocate just this once. First of all, wiped memories, separate experiences, different universe. With a wiped memory the Toa's experiences could lead them to have an alternate personality to their original ones. Second of all, in an episode of Transformers the characters crossed over into a "negative" dimension, which altered everyone involved until they returned to their original world. The same could apply for Lewa with air and jungle.

However, I think the whole time travel referencing is getting far too ridiculous now to avoid and say it's not the least bit suspicious, we've had the Vahi referenced in two episodes already for no apparent reason, the Toa were summoned by the Protectors in the Temple of Time, especially after a huge rumor about the Vahi directly from New York Comic Con coupled with a comparison to, of all reboots, the Star Trek reboot which features a main character from the old universe.

At this point, it's too early to tell. Either LEGO's trying to troll a volatile fanbase, or they're just throwing out random easter eggs.

Edited by JayWalker

I don't recall ever saying in the past month or so this was going to be a continuation inside of a reboot. I was stating the facts, not implying a connection.

Apologies; it was the "which brought an old character through time travel into a new universe with new versions of the original characters" that made me think so.

http://www.walmart.c..._query=Bionicle

No Protectors as of yet. But still:

Let the games begin.

Want. May order some later tonight if I have time.

Are these videos up on YouTube somewhere? The Bionicle.com player's not working for me. :sceptic:

EDIT: Just saw them. Omg baby Fire Protector! Plus I really like Tahu's voice, reminds me of MoL. Also why is Gali a guy?! And yay for Australian Pohatu!

Edited by Lockon Stratos

Good to see. Only Gali's video would work for me out of the Character videos.

EDIT: Ewww, fake Australian accent.

Edited by JayWalker

Good to see. Only Gali's video would work for me out of the Character videos.

EDIT: Ewww, fake Australian accent.

People are like "yay Pohatu is Australian!", and I'm not even Australian but I can tell that it's not very good

People are like "yay Pohatu is Australian!", and I'm not even Australian but I can tell that it's not very good

You don't understand. A terrible Australian accent is a work of art, just like Dick Van Dyke's terrible Cockney accent in Mary Poppins. The impression ends up exceeding what it's trying to imitate and becomes something with an otherworldly appeal.

You don't understand. A terrible Australian accent is a work of art, just like Dick Van Dyke's terrible Cockney accent in Mary Poppins. The impression ends up exceeding what it's trying to imitate and becomes something with an otherworldly appeal.

They're all Australian according to TV Tropes.

I *AM* Australian and it sounds nothing like anyone I've ever met.

I want to see Pohatu threaten LOSS saying, "I'll hook ya right in the gabber, swear on me mask maker."

Provided the accent isn't used in your country of residence. :P