We could dangle a large net out of the side and just sweep up anyone on the platform I guess :/

btw, I hope peoples' theorizing about how he gear functions are constructed are correct, because if so, it looks like they gear backpack will take up much less space than I previously thought.

Edited by Timeline15

I can't believe tomorrow's the big day. Feels like I've waited such a long time for this.

Tomorrow...

... Is Talk like a Pirate Day. :D

But seriously. Super excited for the big reveal. Hoping for a poster of some kind akin to the old Toa lineup shots. That would be cool.

Pirate101's forum is gonna be a bit annoying to read tomorrow with the pirate talk setting, but that inconvenience will be overturned by a certain something else that's happening. Galidor's being rerun on Fox!

I can't believe tomorrow's the big day. Feels like I've waited such a long time for this.

Tomorrow...

... Is Talk like a Pirate Day. :D

But seriously. Super excited for the big reveal. Hoping for a poster of some kind akin to the old Toa lineup shots. That would be cool.

Do we even know if tomorrow's reveal will be about Bionicle?

Probably not getting my hopes up

considering the name of the countdown announcement picture, I can't see it being anything else. No matter what some people say, I highly doubt lego would ever deliberately mislead people. It's of no benefit to them.

Though, it makes you think twice about it. Has the return of Bionicle gotten more leaks than most modern Lego sets do? Lego themselves might like to trick all the leakers and stuff.

Edited by MonkeyChud

[picture removed, see original post]

Yeah, it seems to be impossible with the current pieces to make something steady in the back, but I do managed to get the gears closer to the back still maintaining the functionality.

...or there might be a bug with the gears...

I just got a chance to try that gearing mechanism; unfortunately, the teeth do grind against the CCBS frame.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

Though, it makes you think twice about it. Has the return of Bionicle gotten more leaks than most modern Lego sets do? Lego themselves might like to trick all the leakers and stuff.

Ninjago and Chima both had links at the same time as Bionicle, we just haven't talked about them here. Lego "tricking" leakers does nothing, as the pictures are already out there. Lego would want to make an official announcement to stop all the discussion about Bionicle being from leaked preliminary images that they didn't want seen in the first place, I would imagine.

Tricking anyone at this point is futile, too much has already been leaked.

I just made this (really quickly, it's almost a sketch, and I'd need to spend time on some details to make it perfect) :

15278676641_2566553581.jpg

It works just like LewiMOC's concept, but it's a single part. There's also room for a 12t simple bevel (the 0.5 stud thick one) above the pins, because... why not ?

Of course, the actual part, if there is one, will look in nothing like that (at least I think so, I'm pretty sure this has many flaws I can't think of right now).

Haha..... It's funny seeing all the comments on Lego's Google+ page countdown images. People are denying that it's Bionicle :grin:

Also, nice work on that gearbox sketch. Looks pretty awesome.

Edited by Zenerius

They're just in denial because they don't want there precious bricks sullied by some "kiddy action figures"

Personally, I never understood why one would choose to build a house over building a biomechanical warrior, but to each their own I guess.

Edited by Timeline15

In all honesty, they're playing with kid's toys as much as we are. Just look different, really.

I am wondering why people keep suggesting Doctor Who... It's a good show, but since its targeted for older audiences I just don't see it catching on. The Simpsons did have their own sets, but likely due to it's cartoonish nature and the theme was likely just a one-off kind of thing.

Personally for me the rogue assassin police bots are far darker than character deaths, although it depends on how they die. If it's "glorious sacrifice explosion" not too bad. If it's the level of darkness that is death by Twilight Marathon...

I am wondering why people keep suggesting Doctor Who... It's a good show, but since its targeted for older audiences I just don't see it catching on. The Simpsons did have their own sets, but likely due to it's cartoonish nature and the theme was likely just a one-off kind of thing.

I believe it's because a doctor who set has been gaining popularity on Lego ideas recently. But honestly, ideas sets get confirmed all the time. Lego wouldn't make a huge announcement out of another one, no matter how popular doctor who may be, so there's no legitimate reason for them to think that it was a candidate for this.

In all honesty, they're playing with kid's toys as much as we are. Just look different, really.

Doctor Who actually has a wide audience that ranges from young children to old people, though Moffat has taken it in less child-friendly directions as of late, but that's neither here nor there.

The announcement still won't be Doctor Who, but don't assume that they wouldn't make Doctor Who sets. After all, Back to the Future is hardly a children's movie, either.

(Sorry for the hype train post, but..)

Silly friends, Friday isn't the destination..

It's simply a stop.

If there was anything worth re-posting now... it would undoubtedly be

This is how we all feel.

Any thoughts on how Lego will handle this reveal? One vague image? A video? A concrete release date?

I personally think we will see the former of the three. However, I'd absolutely love to be proven wrong.

I just made this (really quickly, it's almost a sketch, and I'd need to spend time on some details to make it perfect) :

15278676641_2566553581.jpg

It works just like LewiMOC's concept, but it's a single part. There's also room for a 12t simple bevel (the 0.5 stud thick one) above the pins, because... why not ?

Of course, the actual part, if there is one, will look in nothing like that (at least I think so, I'm pretty sure this has many flaws I can't think of right now).

It looks great, but I'm fairly sure the space between the Technic holders, behind the pegs, needs bolstering to meet LEGO standards. Either way, good job!

Any thoughts on how Lego will handle this reveal? One vague image? A video? A concrete release date?

My first thought was some sort of teaser image. Or, if we're VERY lucky, a commercial preview :laugh:

If there is a single part that all of the Toa use for their gear functions, then I'm fairly certain the points at which it connects to the torso beam are aligned vertically, not horizontally. From what I can tell, the gear-driven shoulders on Pohatu are directly behind the shoulders of his torso beam, whereas the ones on Lewa are higher than the ones on his torso beam. Getting a part to fulfill both of those requirements would be... impractical.

I also think it's very likely that all the gear functions are driven by knob gears, because there would be little sense in using a knob gear as the control gear and using regular 12-tooth gears for the functions themselves. If you're not going to use the same gear for the control gear as for the function, why not use a classic 20-tooth gear, or even the weapon barrel piece that was introduced for the Super Heroes constraction sets? Even the Protector sets seem to pretty much universally use a regular 12-tooth gear as the control gear, and they don't even need them for any other parts of the build.

Finally, I think a half-module offset from the torso beam is unlikely. Generally, small and medium-sized constraction sets don't use a whole lot of half-module offsets, and this has been the case since the Toa Mata. There are some exceptions, but I honestly don't think we're likely to see an offset like that built into a brand-new part. Pohatu's picture in particular LOOKS to me like it has a full module of thickness between the shoulders and the torso beam.

I hope they make it the same web 0.3333333 look of the original for nostalgia's sake

edit: i know I'm exaggerating how outdated it was. i don't need to be corrected.

Edited by Grima

I hope they make it the same web 0.3333333 look of the original for nostalgia's sake

I hope you're kidding.

Anyway, if tomorrow's reveal is indeed about BIONICLE, I would expect a BIONICLE teaser website to go live as well, even if it's nothing more than a fancy picture.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui