having taken another look at Fire protector, that is definitely not a brain attack head under there...

Speaking of brain attack, Kopaka uses that torso armour for some reason. He makes it work.

Is anyone else having a hard time figuring out how Pohatu's white or silver and what looks to be red relates to the element of stone?

I believe that the red you see is actually brown.

I agree with you about the silver, though. I was really hoping for that to become tan.

Speaking of Pohatu... his asymmetrical arm armor is intriguing. Not sure what to think about the brown over yellow contrasting with the significantly less stone-oriented silver over black.

(By the way... the side of Lewa's box totally says "Taster of Jungle")

Edited by Chro

I'm more talking about the apparent lack of elbows.

Sacrifices must be made for the price point, I guess? Though that's hardly a good excuse when the Fire Protector's piece count is a below all but two of the other Protectors.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

maybe pohatu's joined the borg?

Now that you mention it Grima, that arm is definitely connected to the technic stuff on the back, rather than to the torso. Gear functions confirmed then... blimey...

Unfortunately, it does leave him with an ugly exposed ball joint. I hope the gimmick looks better than it did on Bruiser. eurgh....

Edited by Timeline15

I believe that the red you see is actually brown.

I agree with you about the silver, though. I was really hoping for that to become tan.

Speaking of Pohatu... his asymmetrical arm armor is intriguing. Not sure what to think about the brown over yellow contrasting with the significantly less stone-oriented silver over black.

I'm almost certain that color is dark orange, and i am equally almost certain the silver arm is the arm connected to the function.

Man I don't even know where to start. So many people have mentioned everything. My initial impressions are good. But yeah Kopaka's legs look asinine, and I think Pohatu looks like something that would crawl out of your toilet? Trans yellow, and brown? Pohatu, mater of the potty. XD ANd is that silver or white on him? I can't tell.

Man, all this speculation is making me anxious for the next episode of the TTV Podcast!! I really want to hear their opinion. :D Also, anyone else bugged about the derpiness of the LOSS?

Gear functions... didn't notice those, I'm going to have to do some modding.

they're a nice thing to have. I always mod or tear apart new sets very quickly anyway, so I don't mind.

Unfortunately CCBS isn't built to accommodate them, so we always end up with technic backpacks, rather than the more integrated functions of the old Bionicle.

Man, all this speculation is making me anxious for the next episode of the TTV Podcast!!

Mezonak's wording in the news video makes me believe they're recording it as we speak. XD

Edited by Timeline15

Where were these found?

Anyway, they are some of the most preliminary set pictures I've seen in my life (most of them, at least). Actually I'm pretty sure the pictures from the stand were more finalized. Though I suspect the Ignika is just a placeholder, it still raises questions. I'm not sure how I feel about the skull spiders looking so much like skulls but we'll see. I bet the Toa will be able to wear them.

Anyway, Kopaka looks really badass. Hope they fix those legs, though.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

Man, all this speculation is making me anxious for the next episode of the TTV Podcast!! I really want to hear their opinion. :D Also, anyone else bugged about the derpiness of the LOSS?

So THIS is who listens to TTV...

:U

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed in him too. I'm hoping the body is complex enough to make up for the dopey face (although the fangs are pretty clever).

Edit: Gata, you never saw the Inika prototypes, did you? =P. Or the Breakout prototypes, for that matter.

Edited by Dorek

They go in the Bionicle 2.0 drawer.

I'm not displacing a whole drawer's worth of parts just for "bionicle 2.0." Its mostly hero Factory parts anyways. In all seriousness though, what will you guys be doing? Adding to previous bionicle assortments or to Hero Factory? I've already got my masks, heads, weapons, body parts and other misc bionicle elements sorted. HF has grown to where I have Bones and structural elements and everything else sorted into their own drawers. ANd it almost requires I sort it further. How are you going to be sorting your new Bionicle elements?

I personally will be totally okay with the functions if the designers manage to integrate them in such a way that they do not restrict flexibility to a significant degree.

Looks like the back-mounted function blocks include a new piece (or perhaps an obscure preexisting Technic part that I don't recognize) - it's most visible on Pohatu, right above the (evidently pointless) Rahkshi spear.

How are you going to be sorting your new Bionicle elements?

I don't sort anything. Edited by Chro

So THIS is who listens to TTV...

:U

well there's no need to be rude.

Yeah, the printing on LoSS (SK, what do we call him now?) IS a bit off-putting.

I'm glad it's kinda derpy, but that's because I'm afraid of spiders.

Edited by Toa of Gallifrey

All those functions are getting scrapped.

The heads seem to be a mold variation of the BA head in that they have both a frontal and top connection point.

i should probably deposit most of my other thoughts into a single post instead of spreading them out like this

the new kaukau is absolutely hideous compared to the original. it looks nothing like it. Even the new Miru is closer and more aesthetically pleasing (partially because the grin is mostly intact). Otherwise, I'm pretty satisfied with the new masks, though the Hau flares out at the bottom kind of oddly. Also, I hope the Protectors aren't Matoran; I definitely do not want six Matoran with the same gutted Arthron for a mask.

Speaking of masks, the Miru seems to have a new mouth hole on it, and the Skull Spiders body also appears to have what might be an injection molding hole near the "mouth" area. It seems to me we might be looking at classic mask attachments, which means we also might see backwards mask compatibility.

The new head mold is hard to guess at, but it seems like it might be a solid color, perhaps with a transparent eye piece, another classic Bionicle thing returning. It might have a face, and the most speculative thing I have on the face is, with what's peeking out on the Protectors, it could be made to look similar to the Mata head.

LOSS looks kind of ridiculous with a printed torso plate for a face. That's a shame, because I was pretty excited for him. I wish he had a better face than that. The individual skull spiders actually look very skull-like and menacing, which will make it even more interesting if they actually do connect to the face in-canon.

I'm happy to see some of the old Bionicle aesthetic seeping back into things like the tools and add-ons. Much more Bionicle than just using flat HF aesthetic.

(on a side note, I'm almost certain the Guurahk staff on Pohatu's back is attached like a spare dagger or something, not intended to be part of the back armor or anything.)

All those functions are getting scrapped.

The heads seem to be a mold variation of the BA head in that they have both a frontal and top connection point.

I'm curious where you get the idea of a top connection point; I don't think any of the masks shown require a top connection point, and in fact on the Protectors, those I thought most likely, it's impossible for them to connect by the top, given the shape of the mold.

Edited by Grima

From looking at fire protector though, it seems that it may have a good deal more facial detail.

Edit: Gata, you never saw the Inika prototypes, did you? =P. Or the Breakout prototypes, for that matter.[/b]

The very first pictures we got of Breakout were as good as final, with the exception of Black Phantom. But still, I get your point, it's just that the CGI is so rough on these.

-Gata signoff.png

First of all, love these new pictures. There's also pictures of the Chima 2015 and Ninjago 2015 in that same folder.

But look closely at Pohatu's boomerangs, specifically the smooth edge parts where there are alternating pairs of vents.

Now, if you have a lot of experience in how Bionicle weapons are designed, you'll know something: Generally, vents of that kind usually alternate between the two sides of the piece, which not only lowers the plastic required and makes it lighter, but also helps the builder distinguish which side is proper to go where. So if you count the positions of the vents on each half of the boomerang, you'll notice they line up perfectly to be mirror images of each other.

TL;DR: Pohatu's Boomerangs appear to be made out of two identical pieces, and might have either a pin joint or a clicky joint to angle/turn them.

First of all, love these new pictures. There's also pictures of the Chima 2015 and Ninjago 2015 in that same folder.

But look closely at Pohatu's boomerangs, specifically the smooth edge parts where there are alternating pairs of vents.

Now, if you have a lot of experience in how Bionicle weapons are designed, you'll know something: Generally, vents of that kind usually alternate between the two sides of the piece, which not only lowers the plastic required and makes it lighter, but also helps the builder distinguish which side is proper to go where. So if you count the positions of the vents on each half of the boomerang, you'll notice they line up perfectly to be mirror images of each other.

TL;DR: Pohatu's Boomerangs appear to be made out of two identical pieces, and might have either a pin joint or a clicky joint to angle/turn them.

Good catch! That makes them more useful, tbh. They seemed massive, so knowing they're two pieces eases my mind on that.

That's actually kind of awesome, you could then either have Pohatu be from the land down under with some boomerangs, or have some unique swords/daggers. Seems like a neat display/ play feature. :D

Edited by Kamen Rider Kiva

i should probably deposit most of my other thoughts into a single post instead of spreading them out like this

the new kaukau is absolutely hideous compared to the original. it looks nothing like it. Even the new Miru is closer and more aesthetically pleasing (partially because the grin is mostly intact). Otherwise, I'm pretty satisfied with the new masks, though the Hau flares out at the bottom kind of oddly. Also, I hope the Protectors aren't Matoran; I definitely do not want six Matoran with the same gutted Arthron for a mask.

Speaking of masks, the Miru seems to have a new mouth hole on it, and the Skull Spiders body also appears to have what might be an injection molding hole near the "mouth" area. It seems to me we might be looking at classic mask attachments, which means we also might see backwards mask compatibility.

The new head mold is hard to guess at, but it seems like it might be a solid color, perhaps with a transparent eye piece, another classic Bionicle thing returning. It might have a face, and the most speculative thing I have on the face is, with what's peeking out on the Protectors, it could be made to look similar to the Mata head.

LOSS looks kind of ridiculous with a printed torso plate for a face. That's a shame, because I was pretty excited for him. I wish he had a better face than that. The individual skull spiders actually look very skull-like and menacing, which will make it even more interesting if they actually do connect to the face in-canon.

I'm happy to see some of the old Bionicle aesthetic seeping back into things like the tools and add-ons. Much more Bionicle than just using flat HF aesthetic.

(on a side note, I'm almost certain the Guurahk staff on Pohatu's back is attached like a spare dagger or something, not intended to be part of the back armor or anything.)

I'm curious where you get the idea of a top connection point; I don't think any of the masks shown require a top connection point, and in fact on the Protectors, those I thought most likely, it's impossible for them to connect by the top, given the shape of the mold.

If you look at the Earth protector's mask and compare to the other, it actually sits lower on the head while on the other protectors, the mask sits higher and shows the "cheek" gaps. That leads me to conclude that the head is a variation of the BA head mold.

Another possibility is that lego stopped being cheap with the vents, but it would be amazing of your idea turns out to be true. Not just gears, but ratchet joints too!

Since the pieces have connectors at the ends too, you could even turn his weapons into improvised limbs on a robot moc. (idea patented!)

Edited by Timeline15