LegoGuyK

What is the best LEGO theme?

There are so many! Star Wars was the theme that brought me out of my dark ages/from the dark side. I have an almost complete collection of SW from 1999-2006. But today it's a mix of classic castle, Vikings, old pirates and many more.

Should I pick one, I'm afraid I have to join the "Modular buildings" group. What can I say - I love them. I have all of the released sets, except the PR and DA (plan to get them soon). I also enjoy buying instructions for the great fan-made modulars and collect pieces to build them. I have three of those, working on my fourth. So the modular street is starting to look quite impressive :)

Modulars, as it is the main theme that I not only buy, but also do complex MOC'ing. Star Wars is what got me out of my dark ages so that's up there too.

For me, I like the city and town sets and themes. I do like the DC one but not as much as the city builds.

Blacktron and almost every one of those old Space subthemes has got to be my favorite, tied with Bionicle. Always love the rich storyline and characters... As for more recent System themes, Ninjago is really great, as it has a good backstory and plot and some really great sets.

Jumping on the modulars bandwagon as well, although it took me a while to get into them as I'm usually not a fan of buildings as I prefer vehicles...

Sorry, officer, it's got to be Galidor. :tongue::devil::cry_sad:

Hey, I will admit to actually liking the TV show when it was out ;) (No kidding, some of the episodes were better than some Chima episodes IMO)

Edited by legozebra

I have something from most all of the themes, but have the most of the Creator line. I am a building collector and its got the most buildings (i.e.: modulars). Next is City theme. If a theme has a building as a set, I will probably get it.

Classic Space because I grew up with it.

Creator and Mixels because the price per brick is good, and they're filled with small, colorful parts that are great for micro building.

SPACE POLICE 2 protecting ICE PLANET 2002 from BLACKTRON 2. These were three series, but all went together and were the best Legos ever. There may be some childhood bias, but I still believe it.... As an adult I like trains and ships, but Benny's ssS has reignited my passion for the space sets.

LOTR/Hobbit, and then Castle. I must say, I like the Custom Minfigures series alot as well.