Sign in to follow this  
zeki

Fire engine MOC

A new MOC from my side is (another) fire truck.

The truck ismade on a 7 wide basis and uses a lot of SNOT detailing, thus making some small gaps between the bricks. The gaps are not visible in real life but very much exposed on photos.

_dsc0417.jpg

_dsc0418.jpg

_dsc0419.jpg

_dsc0422.jpg

Looks nice, the roll-up cabinets design is well executed. It has that solid, chunky feel that fire engines do in real life. I like the ladder/steps in the back and the steps up into the cab also. I'm not terribly familiar with Euro fire trucks, is this more of a rescue truck since there are only the 2 seats?

I like the chunkiness of the build - seven wide is definitely the way to go. It looks substantial enough and there's some good looking stickers.

Nice job!

The truck would in real life have 3 seats and it is a "standard" truck in my cuntry. Such truck is often followed by a van that carries additional man power.

Some pictures of an inspiration trucks

atego.jpg

magirus.png

Though I'm not too fond of that many custom stickers on a Lego vehicle I think you've done a great job here. I especially love that nice 6w/7w offset that makes a rather chunky vehicle like this much more interesting. Also the details are well done, like the ladder on the rear.

One suggestion: In my opinion the rims with axle hole look much better that those with pin holes of the same size, plus you may improve the look by mounting twin tires on the rear, like this:

15910600431_c54c689a2f_m.jpg

Anyhow great build, looking forward to more fire engines from you! :thumbup: