SirBlake

Latest CMF series impact on Historic themes

I think he was talking about the printed one, the old sets had tiny plastic cape about that size on some of the knights. 

The printed capes don't bother me much either.  The replacement capes are way too expensive to outfit an army of figures that don't have the printing on the back.  So either way works for me.

On 1/17/2023 at 8:45 PM, JimBaggins said:

I think he was talking about the printed one, the old sets had tiny plastic cape about that size on some of the knights. 

Yep. I love those ones. The printed ones remind me of them. 

Though I appear I’m in the minority!

7 hours ago, Rjbricks said:

I like them too, they are pretty cute. Especially on the blacksmith/Cartwright, who wears it as a bib. 

11 hours ago, Rjbricks said:

I don't mind the old plastic ones. But then they can be removed easily if you dont want them (without scrubbing the print off)

On 1/19/2023 at 1:05 AM, JimBaggins said:

I like them too, they are pretty cute. Especially on the blacksmith/Cartwright, who wears it as a bib. 

And in that set's alternate build (since it was one of the rare examples of a Castle set that had instructions for one), it got flipped around for use as a cape on the chariot driver figure — who I assume was the inspiration for the shirtless, caped Wizard of Avalon from the "Captain Indigo" comics in Bricks & Pieces Magazine.

Truth be told, I kind of wish that the new Majisto figure from the Lion Knights' Castle had a short black fabric cape like this one to echo the original Majisto's plastic cape, instead of a Sand Yellow/Dark Tan satchel which he doesn't really use to carry anything in the set itself.

On 1/19/2023 at 4:18 AM, MAB said:

I don't mind the old plastic ones. But then they can be removed easily if you dont want them (without scrubbing the print off)

While I get this frustration, I think for the viking in particular it'd be kind of illogical if the torso print DIDN'T have a cape print of some kind in the back, since it's clearly printed with the brooch holding the cape closed in the front. So if the back print didn't have a cape, it'd be unclear what the brooch is attached to.

The printed cape on the Falconer is less essential, since the portion of the cape printed on the front of the torso is simply tucked under the tunic's collar. So you were to use that torso without a fabric cape, that little bit of Earth Blue remaining visible in the front could just as easily be interpreted as an undershirt, gorget, or other article of clothing.

17 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Truth be told, I kind of wish that the new Majisto figure from the Lion Knights' Castle had a short black fabric cape like this one to echo the original Majisto's plastic cape, instead of a Sand Yellow/Dark Tan satchel which he doesn't really use to carry anything in the set itself.

Personally I interpreted the satchel as a low-budget substitute for the printed leather pouch from the original fig's waist (absent on the new fig), but I agree a cape might've been interesting.

21 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Personally I interpreted the satchel as a low-budget substitute for the printed leather pouch from the original fig's waist (absent on the new fig), but I agree a cape might've been interesting. 

Ooh, interesting thought. I hadn't considered that similarity.