Hinckley

10246 Detective's Office

US S@H has DO in stock and it is finally listed as "Available Now". I just ordered two and ther order went through no problem.

I just got back from my closest Lego Store near me here in California, and it was packed when I got there, about 10 minutes after they opened up. The line was was a full circle of the store, when I left, it was about 3/4 way round when I got in line. I got a DO, and the other couple things I wanted to get, and they seemed to have plenty of stock. I did have to wait for another arm load to be brought out from the back room though. I think about every 3-4 person in line was buying one. People were buying stacks of sets too...

It is available in Holland as well now. Made two separate orders for one DO each, to be sure to get two flower carts!!

It is available in Holland as well now. Made two separate orders for one DO each, to be sure to get two flower carts!!

I'm not sure you will actually get two - the promotion rules state "One Flower Cart (40140) per household."...

I'm not sure you will actually get two - the promotion rules state "One Flower Cart (40140) per household."...

hmmm...allright, i have to be lucky then....

There is only one available DO per household......

Did the same, ordered 2 in 2 separate orders, the first using my VIP points and express shipping, and the second, using standard delivery. Only received the confirmation for the second order via email even if both appear in my order status.. grrr of course the system picked up the standard delivery order without VIP points.. :thumbdown:

Went this morning and got the Lincoln, the Birds, a couple small new SW sets (microfighters), 2 Friends sets for my daughter and all the freebies they give out related to it (flower cart, a free SW polybag, free Friends) and I got the double decker couch from the Lego movie. We got there about 5 mins before it opened and were about 40th in line, the doors opened to a mad rush and the DO and Slave I flew off the shelves to anyone who could get their hands on it. They had both of those in the cases next to each other, it was pretty sad cause the Slave I really outshines the DO, it's actually bigger even. That tells me the DO is long on small pieces. If you gave me the choice, I would go with Slave I every time.

They will likely combine those orders into one.

What you should do is place one order now, then wait for it to ship and place another order then. That way you'll secure two promos. Has worked for me several times.

I picked mine up yesterday as I didn't want to risk it not being there today. I went back today to get the free flower cart, lego guy and some other miscellaneous items and they had plenty of the DO still in stock. Like others have said, it seemed like everyone had either this set or the Birds set.

(The wife picked that one up to build.)

So Oky has posted a review of the DO, and the tank is actually built using tank threads! That's a major case of NPU right there and proof that Modulars are still a way for LEGO designers to share and try out all kinds of building tricks.

My second order on the DO was cancelled.... the first one, with flower cart and VIP-discount is in progress!

My second order on the DO was cancelled.... the first one, with flower cart and VIP-discount is in progress!

Cancelled by LEGO or you?

It was cancelled by TLG...the status of the second order is 'cancelled'.... the first one is still in progress, but the items are in 'warehouse' so i'm pretty sure the first order will arrive soon...

The Slave is $40 more expensive, I hope it is bigger.

It was actually bigger, a SW ship bigger than a modular, and it really outshined the building as well. My daughter was with me and hadn't seen the DO and even she said, wow that is the best they could do?

There were certainly aspects of it I liked a lot though, just needs to have that extra floor if you ask me to stand out a bit more.

My local store was packed yesterday too - for what its worth, some interesting anecdotal evidence and discussions there told me:

- Part of the crowd (myself included) was driven to the store by the website problems and that may have made foot traffic higher than expected

- Slave 1, DO, and Frozen Castle all seemed very popular

- It looked like the DO was going to both AFOLs and a fair number of kids

- They ran out of Slave 1 before DO

It was cancelled by TLG...the status of the second order is 'cancelled'.... the first one is still in progress, but the items are in 'warehouse' so i'm pretty sure the first order will arrive soon...

Good for you. Now just wait for the first order to arrive and then place a new order – and get that second flower cart!

I went to my "local" store today, which is in Germany while I live in the Netherlands. I got there at 12:00, and they were all sold out. Not funny. I did order one from the webshop now, but it cost me 10 euros more, plus I don't have it this weekend. Bummer. Can't they do logistics in those Lego shops?

Anyone discovering their DO is missing pieces? Just started building and so far it is missing a dark gray 2X2 smooth tile.

It crashed right after I placed my order. I did get a confirmation email, but I'm not able to look at the status anymore.