Brickelodeon

Guess that movie!

This is the first time reading this thread that I am here when it hasn't been guessed yet... and of course I don't know what it is... :sad:

I will not be the fool who guesses Spiderman....

I will guess Spider-Man but the 70's TV show. Or for some reason I am thinking one of the Toxic Avenger movies.

Edited by samuraiturtle

I will guess Spider-Man but the 70's TV show. Or for some reason I am thinking one of the Toxic Avenger movies.

Nope, sorry. That Spider-Man shot is actually completely irrelevant to the movie, but I couldn't help myself.

Here are some hints with the two other photos I mentioned; the first shows one of the main characters, and the second is surprisingly helpful as well. All three shots are part of the same scene, which is pretty important to the plot (despite Spider-Man's random appearance).

16051698792_471a5bc133.jpg

untitled by rodiziorobs, on Flickr

15864940228_1ee4b936e4.jpg

untitled3 by rodiziorobs, on Flickr

I had no idea Spiderman was in Italian Job..interesting. I should rewatch that sometime. Did anyone see the original? It sadly was not as entertaining to me, but Michael Caine did a good job. The bus scene was weird.

I had no idea Spiderman was in Italian Job..interesting. I should rewatch that sometime. Did anyone see the original? It sadly was not as entertaining to me, but Michael Caine did a good job. The bus scene was weird.

Sacrilege! The Italian Job was a classic, fantastic movie and it's a British institution. The 'remake' has none of the charm, wit or action.

Ah....the Italian Job!

Correct! Looks like it's your turn now.

When the road is collapsing, people panic and run everywhere, and one of them happens to be dressed as Spider-Man. It's a total throwaway, but my wife and I like to joke that it is our favorite Spider-Man movie, just because of that scene.

The original to me is not even the same movie at all--the only similarities are the title, some of the characters' names (while the characters themselves are completely different) and the fact that each is a commercial for Mini Coopers. As for Michael Caine, when was the last time he didn't do a good job in a movie? Even his lousy movies have the redeeming quality of him being in them.

Sacrilege! The Italian Job was a classic, fantastic movie and it's a British institution. The 'remake' has none of the charm, wit or action.

While I liked the classic just fine, I will have to agree to disagree with you on this one.

Correct! Looks like it's your turn now.

An easy one this time.

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf? This one won't blow your house down though...

52cpcz.jpg

It's The Never Ending Story!

A movie, I am sad to say, I have never seen. But I really want to.

Correct! Go watch it now...its brilliant....but the book its based on is better.

Curious: how did you know it if you've never seen it?

Correct! Go watch it now...its brilliant....but the book its based on is better.

Curious: how did you know it if you've never seen it?

I've seen clips from it.

Alright, my turn. Kinda hard, maybe:

4740_3.jpg

Nobody? I'll take a stab at it, though I haven't seen the movie: Hanna? Took me a bit to find it, but I recognize the girl and this scene (from the trailer). Is it any good / worth watching?

Nobody? I'll take a stab at it, though I haven't seen the movie: Hanna? Took me a bit to find it, but I recognize the girl and this scene (from the trailer). Is it any good / worth watching?

Correct! It is indeed Hanna.

I'd say it's worth watching. I really enjoyed. (I haven't seen it in a while, but I've been meaning to watch it again)

-snip-

Hanna?

-snip-

Is it any good / worth watching?

I've never seen it either, but I've heard it's pretty mediocre. tho that could just be my sources I guess..

it's got a 6.8/10 rating on IMDb and a 72% on Rotten Tomatoes so it can't be all bad at the very least.

anywhat. your go, deraven!

|Tarfful

FMA! [Fullmetal Alchemist] specifically FMA the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa.

one of the greatest anime franchises out there [imho].. that was way too easy, deraven :b

|Tarfful

EDIT

moving right along ~

4152983_std.png

keepin' up the iconic anime movie/series theme..

Edited by Tarfful

Oh, that's an easy one. Cowboy Bebop!

Indeed, the brilliant Edward! Also too easy, Tarfful… though I admit it is a fairly crazy picture of her. :wink:

Let's consider 2 of us agreeing to be confirmation enough on that one- your turn, Kalhiki!

Oh, that's an easy one. Cowboy Bebop!

-snip-

Also too easy, Tarfful… though I admit it is a fairly crazy picture of her.

-snip-

yeahyeahyeah :b I just figured I'd get it out of the way sooner rather then later I guess.

'nd I thought it was quite the trippy picture of Ed as well haha

anywhat.. your go Kalhiki!

|Tarfful

Edited by Tarfful

Since we're still in the anime mood:

-snip-

Summer Wars! what a vividly vivacious venture of a film.

I just watched it a few weeks ago on Toonami of all places haha

|Tarfful

Edited by Tarfful

Summer Wars! what a vividly vivacious venture of a film..

I just watched it a few weeks ago on Toonami of all places haha

|Tarfful

Correct! It was indeed a great movie. I'm kinda sad I missed it on Toonami, but I had already seen it before, so it's all good. But there's just something about watching it on TV, y'know?

Right-o, you're up!