WetWired

The Dark Knight Rises Batcave

Probably my most ambitious MOC so far, The Batcave from the Christopher Nolan film The Dark Knight Rises.

15513521055_e541d8ec41_c.jpg

Dark Knight Rises Batcave by Brent Waller, on Flickr

This was built for display so some liberties were taken to make it all viewable from one side. Fore example the waterfall should actually be on the front side of the display and the platform that "The Bat" is on should be forward instead of backwards.

This was my first attempt at integrating lighting, with several LED Strips located around the scene to highlight certain areas.

15326852278_199c6bd17f_c.jpg

Dark Knight Rises Batcave Platform by Brent Waller, on Flickr

One of my favourite parts of my whole model was this little chair :)

15513109142_c7b767134f_c.jpg

Dark Knight Rises Batcave Platform Details by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Hidden throughout the cave are all of the villians from the series for kids (and adults) to find when it was on display.

Can you see them?

Ras Al Ghul

Scarecrow

Joker

Two-Face

Catwoman

Talia Al Ghul

Bane

The batcave features 2 great MOC designs from the following people

Tumbler Design by "buggyirk"

Vote The Tumbler Design on LEGO IDEAS Here!

15513512805_8457aa1316_c.jpg

Dark Knight Rises Batcave Waterfall by Brent Waller, on Flickr

15326776550_7b13765c32_c.jpg

Dark Knight Rises Batcave Tumbler by Brent Waller, on Flickr

The Bat design by jpvelociraptor

Vote for The Bat design on LEGO IDEAS

15513529075_6010d62c91_c.jpg

Dark Knight Rises Batcave by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Edited by WetWired

Best Nolan-verse MOC I've seen so far. But I can't seem to find The Joker though :laugh:

Wow, nice rockwork, and the lighting is really well done, makes it look proper cave-y. All the little bats give it just the right touch, I think. :thumbup: Best batcave around possibly.

This is truly an epic MOC. The lightning is perfect. I like how the back cliff is built upside down so the bats could be facing down.

The chair you build is indeed amazing and looks quite comfy.

Out of curiosity, do you have an idea about how many bats appear in this MOC?

Edited by kinggregus

If it involves Batman, I'm in. Something of this scale and detail, I'm more than in.

Very well done! I love all of the details. I'd love to make my own version of the batcave, but I don't know if I have space/bricks to do so. But I will check back to this for inspiration.

I second all the accolades. But going to add my own to not just the lighting, but the photos as well. Anyone who does this knows that it takes some intense man-hours to take the photos seen in this post. nice job.

This is truly an epic MOC. The lightning is perfect. I like how the back cliff is built upside down so the bats could be facing down.

The chair you build is indeed amazing and looks quite comfy.

Out of curiosity, do you have an idea about how many bats appear in this MOC?

I think there's around 115 bats, I'd like more to be honest but this was all I could find in time from local sellers :)

That's amazing!

But where is Joker? I found everyone instead of him.

He's well hidden :)

hiddenjoker.jpg

I can't even imagine how much it would cost to buy all of the pieces needed for this, let alone the time that's needed to design and then build this. This is just crazy good! Nice job for sure!

You said that you only had time to put in the 115 bats or so. Why were you under a deadline to build this?

This is superb! :oh:

It's one of the best MOC's I've seen in my entire life.

Just beyond words....

Congratulations! :thumbup:

I can't even imagine how much it would cost to buy all of the pieces needed for this, let alone the time that's needed to design and then build this. This is just crazy good! Nice job for sure!

You said that you only had time to put in the 115 bats or so. Why were you under a deadline to build this?

It was on display at the recent BrisBricks LUG expo in Brisbane Australia. I had around 15 already and ordered another 100 thinking it would be enough, I didn't have time to order more before the expo.

I borrowed a lot of the the BURPS from fellow LUG members :)

This is superb. It has an atmosphere to it that's hard to create with Lego and the lighting is excellent.

The computer, in particular, catches my eye. Where did you get the stickers? And are the monitors painted or are they existing pieces?

This is superb. It has an atmosphere to it that's hard to create with Lego and the lighting is excellent.

The computer, in particular, catches my eye. Where did you get the stickers? And are the monitors painted or are they existing pieces?

I just used some printable sticker paper and knocked up some in photoshop using pictures I found on the net, one is the nolan batman logo, another is schematics for the tumbler and another for the bat, the last one is a map I found of gotham city. I just cut them out and stuck them on 2x2 tiles

This is by far the best batcave I have seen so far (and will ever see I guess)! Wow, just amazing artwork Brent!!

That chair is amazing. Actually, no wait...everything is amazing.

Edited by Cagast