Sign in to follow this  
john cleese

Problems with BS / Is BrickShelf no more ???

*tap tap tap* Apparently not really Kevin...

Yes, but maybe he isn't refering to this "Kevin"? The real Kevin is still the real owner of Brickshelf.. ;-)

ah, i see we have two threads going about the authenticity of this kevin... my fault.

i wanted to get the news of BS's return posted a separate thread, with appropriate title, and where no one could miss it . so lets attempt to combine all related discussion into this thread...

http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...showtopic=10430

sorry for the confusion, my fault.

- BM

Yes, but maybe he isn't refering to this "Kevin"? The real Kevin is still the real owner of Brickshelf.. ;-)

I was simply refering to how Brickshelf was back for backup purposes. Kevin has the right to close down his site all he wants, but to not give people time to download stuff was plain mean. I have no idea if EB user Kevin is "Kevin". Is he?

I was simply refering to how Brickshelf was back for backup purposes. Kevin has the right to close down his site all he wants, but to not give people time to download stuff was plain mean. I have no idea if EB user Kevin is "Kevin". Is he?

The real Jennifer from Peeron.com has confirmed that it was not.

Oh, :-$ sorry. I believe the consensus is that this new user Kevin is not in fact Kevin...

On a positive note

The Brickimage.net should be ready by July 31st

Right when brickshelf closes :'-(

Piranha

On a positive note

The Brickimage.net should be ready by July 31st

Right when brickshelf closes :'-(

Piranha

Now that sounds very interesting indeed. Thanks for the info, Piranha. *y*

I am just glad I didn't bother sorting out my Brickshelf folders last weekend.

brickimage.net???

What's that? Can someone fill me in please.

I would imagine it might be the new domain name for Brickshelf.com. In other words, you will be able to put your pictures up on brickimage.net once brickshelf.com is gone.

Ouch!

I just wanted to create a new account at maj.com to upload my pics again.

When I entered the name "Holodoc" it was already in use. X-O

'

it was me... :-$ :-$ :-$

He he.... you just snatched yourself.... that

RED ALERT! BEWARE! WARNING!

just a bold reminder for EVERYONE who is concern over the brickshelf MESS

maj.com is brickshelf's "sister company" right? like, they are more or less in some way connected.

who is to gaurantee that maj.com would not close down like BS?

so my suggestion is that just stay put with what you have and wait till everything settles down before mass uploading.

Also I would really like to ask how did this mess started?

Shouldn't someone from BRICKSHELF at least come out and explain the whole incident and perhaps even better, APOLOGISE to us all?

RED ALERT! BEWARE! WARNING!

Shouldn't someone from BRICKSHELF at least come out and explain the whole incident and perhaps even better, APOLOGISE to us all?

Your post was primarily annoying, because that same concern has been posed a few times already, in this thread even.

As for that last part... I know what you mean, but I doubt it's going to happen.

Rather, it may have already happened.

Just in that Kevin has reopened Brickshelf so we could grab our galleries may be the way he says he's "sorry".

He's notorious for being non-communicative to the tenth power.

But he also made the CORE of the online Lego community for like a decade or so.

So perhaps... he already did apologize? Like giving us one last go at it was his act of apologizing?

See, he never speaks. The love (and at times, frustration) we have for him is solely in his acts.

(Man, that was abstract).

But yeah, I don't see why anyone would think Maj is a place that'll still be there, oh, 5 years down the road or so.

I mean... he's just like that, y'know?

Piranha Posted Yesterday, 03:51 PM

BrickImage

Link above

It is run by a good friend of mine and a few other BL members

Piranha

Right-o. Not to diss Kevin, but it's the uncertainty of always being there that's scared the Lego community into looking into alternatives.

Maj falls under the "uncertain", but it's logical to assume a place (and with a similar name) that's attempting to clone what Brickshelf was (simple and stable) will be the way to go, merely with more communication, updates and certainty of never going away.

Edited by JINZONINGEN 73

So perhaps... he already did apologize? Like giving us one last go at it was his act of apologizing?

See, he never speaks. The love (and at times, frustration) we have for him is solely in his acts.

(Man, that was abstract).

Well, I am not sure if you are serious or not, but that is how I see it. He has provided an excellent service for years at no cost and I am thankful for that. *wub* A reason would be nice, but I suppose he is just that type of guy. :'-(