Sign in to follow this  
Slegengr

AoM: Stables Phase I

My grandfather teaches me to ride:

Today, my grandfather thinks I have completed my riding training. He has shown me all he knows of riding and thinks it will not be long before I will become a Falki Ridder, just like my older brother Hammond. I hope I can be as brave as Hammond. He always was the adventurous hero in the family.

As we head back to Falkidalr, I glance back and see the flags of Mitgardia and Erlnad Blar flying atop an outpost in the mountains. Then I look towards home. It has been a tiresome day completing my riding training, and my bed will be most welcome tonight!

Stian Vitr

15278715387_654a3e0237_n.jpgAoM-StablesPhase1-2 by Slegengr, on Flickr

Without Minifigures:

15462122331_9cf4cb61fb_n.jpgAoM-StablesPhase1-3 by Slegengr, on Flickr

--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for looking. Constructive criticism is most welcome. I wanted this build to be a simpler background, styled after 3-d cartoon maps, while adding a forced perspective. I am not sure it is very forced other than the shrinking trees. Let me know what you think.

Edited by Slegengr

Very nice! Love the forced perspective, and the way the horse is placed is awesome!

Thanks, Alfadas! I am glad you like it.

Forced perspective works so well here :) cool phase 1 :)

Thanks, lenjoyLego! I am glad you also think the forced perspective works.

Nice forced perspective! Great stuff!

Thanks, Lord Vladivus! It is nice to see that the responses are all in favor of the forced perspective.

Excellent forced perspective :thumbup: Great job!

Thanks, Sir Gareth!

Nice build, good forced perspective :thumbup:

Thanks, Scaevola!

Good phase 1 stables build :thumbup: The shields in the border are a nice touch, go Black Falcons!

Thanks, SK! I love to see good borders around MOCs (unless they have a free-form blending with the background), so I try to incorporate them. I have always loved the Black Falcons, so they are my main faction and will be used in many builds. I have a large collection of 90's Castle, so I plan to incorporate them when I can.

Nice forced perspective on that first shot! Great work! :)

Thanks, Jakorin! I am glad to see that others like the forced perspective.

Nice to see more classic falcons appear in Historica! :classic: I really like your trees growing smaller with distance, but I think the forced perspective illusion would have worked even better at a lower angle and with focus only on the riders.

Nice to see more classic falcons appear in Historica! :classic: I really like your trees growing smaller with distance, but I think the forced perspective illusion would have worked even better at a lower angle and with focus only on the riders.

Thanks, Gideon! I agree that a lower angle with the background less in-focus would be better for the forced perspective. The main issue I had with this build was that the lower angle and different focus caused the horses and minifigs to cover too much of the background. I will try to build a slightly larger background on my next attempt at forced perspective so I can lower the angle and focus on the front-most objects while still showing the background. C&C is much appreciated. I need tips and criticism to improve my building style.

A tip for fp is to make the foreground and background into separate units. In that way you can move the background to where it looks best compared to the foreground :classic:

A tip for fp is to make the foreground and background into separate units. In that way you can move the background to where it looks best compared to the foreground :classic:

I have seen that in other fp builds. I will have to give this a try, as it makes a lot of sense.

I think I will try to incorporate a foreground, middle ground merger, and background with hills and mountains fading to sky.