Sign in to follow this  
def

Mafia School- The Cosplay Party: Day One - Blurred Lines

You all were refusing to consider that there may be a miller in the game.

The facts are that someone has claimed miller, and miller is one of the possible roles. It is very likely that there is a miller, and that Mencot is that miller.

That is called reasoning, as opposed to being hopelessly dense.

Were you even there?

I was pretty clearly stating that there might not be a miller in this game, and that I thought the role seemed a bit complex for a Mafia School game. You said that it was a very common role and that there had to be a miller, and I was "sowing seeds of doubt among the town". When I pointed out how accusatory you were being, you disappeared and remained silent for several hours.

If that's not scummy, I don't know what is.

You weren't "calling out BS".

You were refusing to even consider the possibility that there might not be in a miller in this game. That's just stubborn.

You all were refusing to consider that there may be a miller in the game.

The facts are that someone has claimed miller, and miller is one of the possible roles. It is very likely that there is a miller, and that Mencot is that miller.

That is called reasoning, as opposed to being hopelessly dense.

Were you even there?

I was pretty clearly stating that there might not be a miller in this game, and that I thought the role seemed a bit complex for a Mafia School game. You said that it was a very common role and that there had to be a miller, and I was "sowing seeds of doubt among the town". When I pointed out how accusatory you were being, you disappeared and remained silent for several hours.

If that's not scummy, I don't know what is.

Jamsn, do you see what I mean? You being very defensive without giving good reason again. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't switch my vote to you right now?

I'm still waiting, and the clock is ticking...........

Jamsn, do you see what I mean? You being very defensive without giving good reason again. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't switch my vote to you right now?

You kind of have been a bit on the defensive...

I'm not switching my vote at the moment* but, I would like to hear what you have to say in response.

*I'm starting to raise an eyebrow, but I'm also trying to remind myself to not be carried along with the bandwagon.

I think two more promising candidates are Pirate Dave and Captain Settle, both because they have contributed relatively little at all, but I think there is another reason to consider Captain Settle especially.

:roflmao: I laughed so hard at this I'm pretty sure I peed a little!

You think I contributed little to the conversation? Let's see here where are those posts ... ah yes, here!

I agree.

And anyway, I'm totally bummed. Now no one will want to talk about our costumes or our characters and Cyclops is so cool.

So who are you going to vote for, White Bat?

Wait, are there three Batmen?!

Nothing here

But I just got up!

Step 1: Sleep

Step 2: Read lots and lots and lots of posts

Step 3: Share thoughts?

Here are the things I thought were important that I read....

Ok, so Mencot might be scum trying to trick us or he might be a Miller.

So what alliances do you see so far?

Not sure if that counts as an accusation....

So that's three who suspect jamesn, but I don't really know why. But then I don't have much reason to suspect any one else, really.

It's Day One, so that's about all we're going to get as far as I can tell....

Nothing, fishing for information, no opinion, non-comittal comment

Hahahaha yeah. I'll be around a lot more now.

no we didn't

I think this is an interesting exchange, because by my count, XenoMono is the most talkative person so far, and Goliath seems to have pointed the finger a bit.

Richila still hasn't said anything, more than 24 hours into the game. There are a few others who have low post counts, but I don't think any of them are that suspicious.

At the very least, Richila hasn't even tried to be helpful.

It might be too early to do this, but at least it will get things moving and maybe when everyone else wakes up we can have some real discussion. As Cyclops, leader of the X-Men, I will take the lead while I can. (How's that for role-play?)

Vote: Richila (Richila)

(Hope I did that right....)

Votes for low poster

Actually he didn't just give us his "3 suspects," but his reasons, for what they're worth (which the subsequent discussion says was "not much, but it's only day one").

As for you, I think there are two options, since no one else has claimed Miller:

1) There is no Miller, and you are extremely lucky scum (and playing extremely fast and loose)

2) You're the Miller

I'm inclined to believe 2), the odds are in your favor, and you haven't made me suspicious yet.

not much here

Hahahaha no, I was talking to Mencot pretty much through that whole post.

Hahahahahaha

Thanks for the advice - it seems like it would be a whole different game if we couldn't unvote.

nada

If a mod-kill happens, I'll change my vote (obviously hahaha). I'll be inactive for the next eight or so hours but hopefully there is some discussion that will help me know who to vote for if I do end up needing to change.

And sure, I'll take a cookie!

Mod-kill ... *huh*

I thought you said we would see more of you?

Awake (a little earlier today, because work!) and back.

I have scanned everything (6 pages!) that happened while I was asleep, but not done a lot of thorough analysis. Here's my thoughts right now.

Unvote: Richila (Richila) because she replied (finally) and while I still am not sure I trust her, I don't think she's the most suspicious right how.

Having thought a little more, I am suspicious of Goliath, since he tried to say Lind Whisperer said something he didn't say, but I'm inclined to believe that it was just a mistake for now.

I am going to do more reading on Duvors and jamesn; seems like a lot of people are calling Duvors out for posting fluff but there were people with at least as many posts as him (XenoMono, Pyrovisionary, Lind, etc when I compiled my list ~10 hours ago) so I don't know if that's suspicious.

This possibility intrigues me, but I'm not ready to vote jamesn yet.

Getting ready to leave for the aforementioned work now; I should be able to post in a couple of hours when I get my lunch break.

non-comittal accusations and leaves ... again

After analysis through the day, here's my current thoughts. jamesn is getting a lot of flack for "being accusatory," when all he did was point out that Miller was on the list of explicitly normal roles. Lord Duvors seems to be talking a lot, but not saying much; that's a crime several people have committed.

I think two more promising candidates are Pirate Dave and Captain Settle, both because they have contributed relatively little at all, but I think there is another reason to consider Captain Settle especially.

Captain Settle has very few posts in this thread (5), and two of them (40%) are jumping onto a bandwagon without any explanation. He even gets called out on it here, and his response is this.

jluckhaupt, Kintobor, and Mencot also jumped from Goliath to Duvors, but they have been more active.

Vote: Captain Settle (Captain Settle)

Current Vote Tally:

Captain Settle: 1

Jamesn: 6

Lord Duvors: 8

Goliath: 1

Stinky Dave: 1

Players' Votes:

Stinky Dave: Lord Duvors

StickFig: Richila Captain Settle

Captain Settle: Goliath Lord Duvors

Kintobor: Goliath Lord Duvors

Lind Whisperer: Goliath

Jamesn: Lord Duvors

Pyrovisionary: Lord Duvors NO CURRENT VOTE

jluckhaupt: Goliath Lord Duvors

TheLazyChicken: jamesn

MostlyTechnic: Stinky Dave

Scaevola: Lord Duvors

Adventurer1: Lord Duvors

Lord Duvors: Goliath NO CURRENT VOTE

XenoMono: Goliath Jamesn

Mencot: Goliath Lord Duvors

Cutcobra: jamesn

Brickelodeon: Goliath jamesn

Richila: jamesn

Goliath: jamesn

Vote Order:

StickFig votes Richila (1)

Mencot votes Goliath (1)

Kintobor votes Goliath (2)

XenoMono votes Goliath (3)

Lind votes Goliath (4)

Cutcobra votes jamesn (1)

jamesn votes Lord Duvors (1)

Brickelodeon votes Goliath (5)

Captain Settle votes Goliath (6)

MostlyTechnic votes Stinky Dave (1)

Goliath votes jamesn (2)

Lord Duvors votes Goliath (7)

jluckhaupt votes Goliath (8)

Richila votes jamesn (3)

Stinky Dave votes Lord Duvors (2)

Mencot votes Lord Duvors (3)

XenoMono unvotes Goliath (7)

XenoMono votes jamesn (4)

Captain Settle unvotes Goliath (6)

Captain Settle votes Lord Duvors (4)

jluckhaupt unvotes Goliath (5)

jluckhaupt votes Duvors (5)

adventurer1 votes Duvors (6)

kintobor unvotes Goliath (4)

Kintobor votes Duvors (7)

Brickelodeon unvotes Goliath (4)

Brickelodeon votes jamesn (5)

Pyrovisionary votes Duvors (8)

Pyrovisionary unvotes Duvors (7)

Lord Duvors unvotes Jamesn (4)

Scaevola votes Duvors (8)

TheLazyChicken votes Jamesn (5)

StickFig unvotes Richila (0)

StickFig votes Captain Settle (1)

Accuses me of not contributing makes a 'case' on settle, reuses my researcd to appear helpful,

Thanks for the tip - and I sit corrected, Captain Settle has 6 posts in this thread, not just 5....

Anyway, I'm off to sleep. See y'all later.

Leaving again ...

Thank you, your input on today's events was enlightening, We can now clearly see where you stand and what your thoughts on the situation are :sarcasm_hmpf:

This being said; we need a lynch today; here's how voting looks now:

1. StickFig votes Richila (1)
  2. Mencot Votes Goliath (1)
  3. Kintobor votes Goliath (2)
  4. XM votes Goliath (3)
  5. Lind Whisperer votes Goliath (4)
  6. Cutcobra votes Jamesn (1)
  7. Jamesn votes Lord Duvors (1)
  8. Brickelodeon votes Goliath (5)
  9. Captain Settle votes Goliath (6)
  10. MT votes Dave (1)
  11. Goliath votes Jamesn (2)
  12. Lord Duvors votes Goliath (7)
  13. Jluckhaupt votes Goliath (8)
  14. Lord Duvors unvotes Goliath (7)
  15. Mencot unvotes Goliath (6)
  16. Dave votes Lord Duvors (2)
  17. Mencot votes Lord Duvors (3)
  18. XM unvotes Goliath (5) votes jamesn (3)
  19. Captain Settle unvotes Goliath (4) votes Lord Duvors (4) (Ties vote)
  20. Richila votes Jamesn (4) (3 way tie)
  21. Lord Duvors Vote Jamesn (5)
  22. Jluckhaupt unvotes Goliath (3) votes Lord Duvors (5) (break tie, lead to Duvors)
  23. Adventurer1 votes Lord Duvors (6)
  24. Kintobor unvotes Goliath (2) votes Lord Duvors (7)
  25. Bricklodeon unvotes Goliath (1) votes Jamesn (6)
  26. Pyrovisionary votes Lord Duvors (8)
  27. Pyrovisionary unvotes Lord Duvors (7)
  28. Lord Duvors unvotes Jamesn (5)
  29. Scaveola votes Lord Duvors (8)
  30. TheLazyChicken votes Jamesn (6)
  31. StickFig votes Captain Settle (1)
  32. MT unvotes Dave (0) votes Captain Settle (2)
  33. Lord Duvors Votes Jamesn (7)

It's either Jamesn or Duvors. I've been talking to Duvors in private and since making my case against him, I've come to change my mind.

I will unvote Lord Duvors (Lord Duvors) and Vote: Jamesn (Jamesn)

We need a lynch today and I really feel that Duvors may very well be town.

no we didn't

Addendum -> no YOU didn't

Please look at the information so far and cast a vote. Bandwagons can change fast I've seen it happen before. If your townie then defend yourself, less fluff. If your lynched and you come up town, who you voted for will matter.

Not just who the lynched voted for, but also very important to see who voted for the dead townie!

I was pretty clearly stating that there might not be a miller in this game, and that I thought the role seemed a bit complex for a Mafia School game.

Really, a miller is complex? It's a townie who appears scum if investigated. Seems pretty simple to me. Compare to some of the other explicitly normal roles that were in that same link as possible roles for this game - masons, hiders, neighbors, etc. Godfathers are the scum equivalent of a miller and they're pretty common around here. So I just don't get why people thought a miller claim was so strange. Not to mention, I don't know if there was any non-random seeding of roles, but it DID go to an experienced player who knew how to properly handle that role (ie, claim immediately. And obviously I'm assuming for the sake of argument here that he's telling the truth).

I'm still waiting, and the clock is ticking...........

Seriously, you didn't see any reason there? He blatantly said he was against the people who were unwilling to consider that a miller could occur. As in they DIDN'T READ THE INFO WE WERE GIVEN UP FRONT. I didn't see jamesn's answer there as "defensive w/o reason" at all - he was defensive WITH reason. (and that's why I'm defending here - not because I am trying to save jamesn, I don't think there's a high chance of him getting lynched today anyway, but because I need the TOWN to be using GOOD logic when voting and thinking!)

(and for the record, pirate changed his vote while I was writing and so when I said I didn't expect a jamesn lynch, the votes were leaning Lord Duvors at that time. Pirate's switch flipped the lean of the votes)

Hey Dave, you say that you have been talking to Duvors in private. Care to share what was said? This conversation must have been pretty convincing for you to change your vote because of it.

Really, a miller is complex? It's a townie who appears scum if investigated. Seems pretty simple to me. Compare to some of the other explicitly normal roles that were in that same link as possible roles for this game - masons, hiders, neighbors, etc. Godfathers are the scum equivalent of a miller and they're pretty common around here. So I just don't get why people thought a miller claim was so strange. Not to mention, I don't know if there was any non-random seeding of roles, but it DID go to an experienced player who knew how to properly handle that role (ie, claim immediately. And obviously I'm assuming for the sake of argument here that he's telling the truth).

Complex may have been the wrong word. It's just that millers usually aren't in mafia school games. It's not like there couldn't be one.

Either way, this discussion is in the past.

Complex may have been the wrong word. It's just that millers usually aren't in mafia school games. It's not like there couldn't be one.

The debate may have been in the past, but it's still being used to justify lynching.

Hey Dave, you say that you have been talking to Duvors in private. Care to share what was said? This conversation must have been pretty convincing for you to change your vote because of it.

I can't quote him but it boils down to him being ready to die for the advancement of town. That combined with his recent contributions and the fact he sort of gave up makes me lean town on him.

I am gonna mess with your "complex mind" :wink: a bit more also there is also a big chance that there is an Godfather out there!

It's either Jamesn or Duvors. I've been talking to Duvors in private and since making my case against him, I've come to change my mind.

I will unvote Lord Duvors (Lord Duvors) and Vote: Jamesn (Jamesn)

We need a lynch today and I really feel that Duvors may very well be town.

Addendum -> no YOU didn't

I would like to hear the answer also that was so convincing?

Okay (not ok-ey) here it is:

I can't quote him but it boils down to him being ready to die for the advancement of town. That combined with his recent contributions and the fact he sort of gave up makes me lean town on him.

He is ready to die for town, that´s good! Anyone can say that :sarcasm_smug:

Okay (not ok-ey) this is day 1, so I don´t know who is scum and who is town, ofcourse. He can be town, yes. So can Jamesn! I agree we need a lynch, so who will it be, what/who weights more?

Hard to tell on day 1 but I won´t right now change my vote.

There is also another option that you Stinky dave and Lord D. are scumbuddies and you are just backing him up. But this is total day one speculation!

Pirate Dave was one of the first people to vote for Duvors, the second actually. Jamesn was the first. I find it strange that now the heats on Duvors, you Pirate Dave are beginning to try and sway the vote to someone else, the man who first voted for him. And just because someone claims to be "town" doesn't mean they are. I'm surprised you don't share what happened in private instead of just telling us. Unless there's something you don't want to share with us?

Pirate Dave was one of the first people to vote for Duvors, the second actually. Jamesn was the first. I find it strange that now the heats on Duvors, you Pirate Dave are beginning to try and sway the vote to someone else, the man who first voted for him. And just because someone claims to be "town" doesn't mean they are. I'm surprised you don't share what happened in private instead of just telling us. Unless there's something you don't want to share with us?

Typicaly speaking, you cannot quote PMs; I just re-read the rules and it seems I may be able to do so; I'll contact the host and see if I can.

He is ready to die for town, that´s good! Anyone can say that :sarcasm_smug:

Okay (not ok-ey) this is day 1, so I don´t know who is scum and who is town, ofcourse. He can be town, yes. So can Jamesn! I agree we need a lynch, so who will it be, what/who weights more?

Hard to tell on day 1 but I won´t right now change my vote.

There is also another option that you Stinky dave and Lord D. are scumbuddies and you are just backing him up. But this is total day one speculation!

Scum leading, or in this case, seconding a lynch on one of their own makes a lot of sense, I'll agree with you that scum would totally try and lynch one of their own on day one .... :wall:

Also I'm not trying to sway the vote, I changed mine; people are free to do what they please. You on the other hand are trying to guilt me for changing my vote. If you are so convinced of Duvors guilt, why did you wait so long to vote for him?

Scum leading, or in this case, seconding a lynch on one of their own makes a lot of sense, I'll agree with you that scum would totally try and lynch one of their own on day one .... :wall:

I have to agree with you. That sort of thing might make sense later on in the game, to establish a solid footing for the remaining scum. But it would seem dramatically pointless for scum to try that this early in the game, when accusations are changing almost by the hour*.

*I meant that as hyperbole, referencing how we have changed the bandwagon multiple times this far in Day 1, with quite a few hours to go.

I see a lot of people stopping by and leaving; care to comment?

What's the concensus here; do we need a lynch?

I don't know.

I would, if I had anything to add. I don't see a problem with voting for Duvors as he is a lot of fluff, as I said before, but I'd rather vote for scummiest (jamesn) than fluff.

I agree we need a lynch. Lord Duvors does seem like he has given up. His recent post we better and he does seem more townie.

Jamesn is still acting scummy, hasn't given me a good reason not to change my vote to him...and Mostlytechnic is defending him instead of him defending himself. Definite scum buddies those two.

I am seriously consider a change in my vote.

That would be absolutely fabulous, That scum would lynch their own that is.... it would be so easy :sadnew::grin:

No, the thing is acting.

Also I'm not trying to sway the vote, I changed mine; people are free to do what they please. You on the other hand are trying to guilt me for changing my vote. If you are so convinced of Duvors guilt, why did you wait so long to vote for him?

Everyone is entitled to change their minds, ofcourse. But I feel Lord D. is a better lynch for today either way.

I'm not sure what you refer to when you say "convinced of Duvors guilt". I'm not convinced anyone here is downright scummy on day one, but certain people are acting incredibly suspicious. I believe you yourself were the one to list Duvors multiple fluff responses, like the one he just posted. Is Goliath acting scummy? Yes, especially since I've seen his activity elsewhere and not here. Is Jamesn acting suspicious? Yes, but at least he's getting somewhere and making a point. Duvors hasn't really adding anything, and has basically given up. I voted for Duvors later than most people because I was still intent on voting for Goliath due to his malicious attitude, but afterwards felt it less helpful than voting for someone who was legitimately acting suspicious.

I made the last comment, so I don't really have anything to say that I haven't already said.

What's the concensus here; do we need a lynch?

After looking over all of the evidence, I am still not entirely sure as to whom would be the best choice. I believe that we may need a lynch, if only to see who has been arguing for whom rightly or wrongly, but I am not certain which person I believe to be the best scum candidate.

I'm not sure what you refer to when you say "convinced of Duvors guilt". I'm not convinced anyone here is downright scummy on day one, but certain people are acting incredibly suspicious. I believe you yourself were the one to list Duvors multiple fluff responses, like the one he just posted. Is Goliath acting scummy? Yes, especially since I've seen his activity elsewhere and not here. Is Jamesn acting suspicious? Yes, but at least he's getting somewhere and making a point. Duvors hasn't really adding anything, and has basically given up. I voted for Duvors later than most people because I was still intent on voting for Goliath due to his malicious attitude, but afterwards felt it less helpful than voting for someone who was legitimately acting suspicious.

Not that we should change the voting in any how but what is up with spidey, he has been online but he hasn´t said anything to my knowledge in 24 hours. Whats up?

I am not defending Dave here, but I will point out that he gave an incredibly good reason to lynch Duvors, rather than the usual scummy attempt to just make themselves look good.

We have some time left, not a lot, and it's imperative that if you are intent on a lynch you move your vote to a "prime" candidate.

And the prime candidate for today is Lord D.

We will have to see tomorrow if it was a total miss or not.

If we lynch Jamesn I think it will be a miss, it is a gut feel. I don´t know but somehow I don´t get the same vibe of him that some of the people here get.

But then again others can say the same when it comes to Lord D.