Sign in to follow this  
dr_spock

MOD: Ghost Train Power Functions

In preparation for Halloween, I've added Power Functions to my Ghost Train.

10500948245_df875df0f7_c.jpg

Ghost Train - Power Functions by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

Replaced the front boogie with PF train motor: Ran the wire through the firebox.

ghost4.jpg

Installed a battery box in the prisoner car and IR receiver in the crew cab.

ghost3.jpg

Optional: A magnetic coupler can be added to pull other trains.

ghost2.jpg

More photos on BrickShelf: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=535567 (when moderated)

Really nice solution dr_spock. Now I don't have to fiddle with it and can just copy your solution.

Another up side, Ann Lee cannot be held prisoner any longer by the mean monsters :wink:

very nice indeed! maybe you could even add some lights for in the dark?!

I love the ghost train, and even more so when motorized. Nice job. Would it be possible to move the IR received further in the cab?

Thanks guys.

I had to made a couple of modifications to get the engine around sharp flex-track curve. I replaced one set of driving wheels with the blind drivers. Lego was nice enough to include blind drivers with the ghost train set.

ghost5.jpg

I also changed the ball hitch to a drawbar bar setup so that it can negotiate tight curves better.

ghost6.jpg

I love the ghost train, and even more so when motorized. Nice job. Would it be possible to move the IR received further in the cab?

I changed the motor extension to shorter cable and had room to move the IR receiver in the crew cabin by one more stud. I think it is easier with 9V motors. :classic:

Here is a video of it going around my tight small track.

I changed the motor extension to shorter cable and had room to move the IR receiver in the crew cabin by one more stud. I think it is easier with 9V motors. :classic:

Very nice. Looks much better like this. If you want easy, I suggest duplo :wink:

Thank you so much for posting this. I couldn't see the answer for how to PF this until you mentioned installing the blind drivers. That totally did the trick!

My son wants to install the ghost train underneath our train table in "spooky town"

Thanks again

Thank you so much for posting this. I couldn't see the answer for how to PF this until you mentioned installing the blind drivers. That totally did the trick!

My son wants to install the ghost train underneath our train table in "spooky town"

Thanks again

You're very welcome. Glad you got it working. :classic:

Very good work! :thumbup:

I like your blind wheels to negotiate tight curves! :thumbup:

Thanks. :classic: