Empire911

Have you ever seen this minifigures?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

A very long time ago I bought on Ebay three special minifigures, I never saw them anywhere else so I'm curious if someone knows where they come from or if someone saw them before. They are ghost versions of Anakin and Obi-Wan. Here they are:

dsc04563.jpg

You do realise no one can read that font and that you look like a twit for using it? Just checking.

And those figures are horrible...

Edited by DrasticPlastic

I like the Comic Sans Serif font myself.

Sorry but I dunno about the figs but they look cool.

Joe

When I used to use this forum it was such a nice friendly place!

Please if you have nothing nice to say...

These figures as stated by Hobbit are from Ebay or another source but they are Customs made by somebody

They look to be waterslide decals but look to be relatively high quality!

All the best :-)!

~Liam

While ignoring the unnecessary critcism of DrasticPlastic, they are indeed waterslide and they have a thin layer on them for protection or something. But they are indeed not the best customs ever.

I also have a Aayla Secura made by the same person and he made the hear of Aayla Secura by himself in a very good quality of plastic.

I will post a pic when I find the fig.

I actually think they look pretty cool :thumbup: If TLG can't figure out how to do transparent figures (I know they have done a left arm at least) I think molding in a light blue like this could be a good alternative.

DrasticPlastic, there's no need to be so unfriendly.

Empire911, do you mind resizing that picture if you get the chance to a max of 800 x 600? It's a bit large at the moment. Thanks!

Empire,

Thanks for posting these figures. Never seen anything like them, so they are interesting. Glad someone knows what they are.

And I like your special font, too!

While the figs themselves look pretty crummy, the rounded lightsabres are quite interesting. I've always wondered what they would look like.

While the figs themselves look pretty crummy, the rounded lightsabres are quite interesting. I've always wondered what they would look like.

Well I didn't know it since yesterday, but they are actually glow-in-the-dark lightsabers. I have them for so many years and it's now that I see it...

Are those Christo's customs? Ritz Brick pointed out the rounded 'saber blades, and I know Christo used to sell glow-in-the-dark blades that were rounded off like that, and I know he made custom plastic heads for (at the time) aliens that TLG didn't make, like Aayla Secura and Ki-Adi Mundi, which fits with what Empire911 is saying.

Well I didn't know it since yesterday, but they are actually glow-in-the-dark lightsabers. I have them for so many years and it's now that I see it...

Yep, I think those would be Christo's.

Oh, hey, he's still around. Not much Star Wars stuff listed right now, but if you click on the listing for the custom Ki-Adi Mundi with the LEGO Star Wars Video Game-style head, you can see the glow-in-the-dark blue 'saber in one of the photos with the rounded tip.

i don't really like customs (they do not really match the Lego-design most of the times) but i do find it interesting what characters people choose to make customs of.

Also in this case; for some reason those ghost-versions are really popular. I saw a lot of posts about people wanting transparent minifigs. Why are ghost-versions that popular?

BTW why are the bodies still in tan and not ghostblue as well?

Edited by Borex

I like the font you use Empire, it's a nice change from the default EB one. It's quite sad that someone could critise you for that, perhaps they need to get some perspective....I don't know what can be gained from such a comment? :hmpf_bad:

I'm not the greatest fan of customs but these are some of the nicest that I've seen - it would be nice to see a shot of them taken in low-light. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Robin :classic:

I like the font you use Empire, it's a nice change from the default EB one. It's quite sad that someone could critise you for that, perhaps they need to get some perspective....I don't know what can be gained from such a comment?

If you and others keep going on about it you're no better than DrasticPlastic. I also like the font however just because one does not like it doesn't mean you should all go on about it, I think the mods have covered that enough already.

Back onto the topic: those are really cool figs and probably the closest thing to the ghosts that we will see in Lego form for a while unless Lego is willing to create a full transparent fig.