Sign in to follow this  

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello everyone. :classic:

It seems the inspiration for my Revenge of the Sith Community Build entry came far quicker than it did for The Phantom Menace Build, and it didn't come at all for the Attack of the Clones Build (:blush:), so I set to work straight away when the idea came to me last night.

Over the past week I've been rebuilding and updating my Architecture sets for the Eurobricks Official Set LXF Index, and so I suppose I was still in that frame of mind whilst deciding on what I would build for this project. I therefore decided to combine two of my favourite LEGO themes: Star Wars and Architecture, and create the Jedi Temple in the style of a LEGO Architecture set. It is, of course, much bigger and less accurate (:grin:) than any previously released Architecture sets, (though I'm pleased to say that I think it may be more accurate than some past Star Wars sets :tongue:), but I still think it fits the theme well enough.

jedi_temple_1.png

Even though it's a digital model and the Laws of Physics don't have to apply, I tried to build the model in a way that made it structually sound enough to be built with real parts, although many are not available in the colours I used anyway. The building is hollow with no interior, save for a few supports.

jedi_temple_2.png

A close-up of the top and spires.

jedi_temple_5.png

A close-up of the main entrance.

jedi_temple_6.png

--------------------jedi_temple_7.png

Front and plan views with part outlines.

I spent a couple of hours last night and a few hours today making it, so it is a quick MOC, but hopefully not rushed and sloppy. It is comprised of 2424 parts (coincidentally 24 is my favourite number! :laugh:). I'm aware that the scale is not right in certain areas: the ziggurat is probably too tall for its width, and the towers on top are probably too large, and so I may modify it a little more before the deadline, so I'll consider it a WIP for the time being.

LXF File

Please do not use the file or images without my permission.

Thank you for looking. All comments are welcome. :sweet:

PS. This model is now uploaded to LEGO Cuusoo here.

Your support and comments are greatly appreciated! :sweet:

Edited by ADHO15

Now, isn't this great?! :thumbup:

I'm always amazed at the ability of some peoiple around here to build something grand in mini-scale! Pure talent and highest mastery of art! Well done! :sweet:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Over the past week I've been rebuilding and updating my Architecture sets for the Eurobricks Official Set LXF Index, and so I suppose I was still in that frame of mind whilst deciding on what I would build for this project. I therefore decided to combine two of my favourite LEGO themes: Star Wars and Architecture, and create the Jedi Temple in the style of a LEGO Architecture set. It is, of course, much bigger and less accurate (:grin:) than any previously released Architecture sets, (though I'm pleased to say that I think it may be more accurate than some past Star Wars sets :tongue:), but I still think it fits the theme well enough.

I have hoped that TLG would produce some SW Architecture sets, just 5 or so as part of a limited line.

This is really a great way of doing it, with the focus on the shape rather than any interior or play features (though some flick fires on the towers wouldn't go amiss :tongue:).

I really want to send the 501st into this MOC for some little slaughter :laugh:.

Edit:2842nd post :classic:.

Edited by Mr Man

Nice addition to the CB! You call this a quick build, but it would take me ages (I'm not super familiar with digital building programs).

I have yet to sign up because I'm still debating if I have time/pieces to do something justice, but I hope my addition will add something to the CB. I think yours is a great addition and I can't wait to see more.

Keep up the good work.

Now, isn't this great?! :thumbup:

I'm always amazed at the ability of some peoiple around here to build something grand in mini-scale! Pure talent and highest mastery of art! Well done! :sweet:

Thank you very much, Penguin! I'm so pleased you like it. :classic:

This is a fantastic representation of the Jedi Temple!! I wish my inspiration would come to me as quick as this....

Good job, my friend! :laugh:

Haha thank you! I'm sure inspiration will come to everyone soon and we'll get a great collection of creations, but you should watch the film again for ideas if not. :classic:

I have hoped that TLG would produce some SW Architecture sets, just 5 or so as part of a limited line.

This is really a great way of doing it, with the focus on the shape rather than any interior or play features (though some flick fires on the towers wouldn't go amiss :tongue:).

I really want to send the 501st into this MOC for some little slaughter :laugh:.

:laugh: I absolutely refuse to add those ridiculous flick-fire missiles to my building, no matter how much it'd make it look like an official set!

I saw another Temple MOC that contained a multi-leveled interior, which was nice, but it has been done and it would distract from the more grown-up, display-only style if I was to add play features, I feel.

Very nice. Can I recommend that you render it in LDD2Povray?

Thanks. I considered it, but thought it was too complicated to bother with. After reading your comment, I tried downloading the programs and installing them correctly and then tried to run the render, but it didn't work and I've decided it's too difficult for me to keep attempting. However, you're welcome to render it yourself and send the image to me if you have the means. :classic:

Nice addition to the CB! You call this a quick build, but it would take me ages (I'm not super familiar with digital building programs).

I have yet to sign up because I'm still debating if I have time/pieces to do something justice, but I hope my addition will add something to the CB. I think yours is a great addition and I can't wait to see more.

Keep up the good work.

Well I am quite experienced with LDD, so it was pretty quick and easy as far as my MOCcing goes. :grin:

I'm looking forward to seeing what you and everyone else contribute to the Community Build.

I haven't really considering making any other entries, but if I have any more ideas, similar to this entry or not, I might make and post a second. :classic:

I'm not the biggest fan of LDD, but I've always wanted to see a good Jedi Temple, and this is simply amazing :thumbup: Great work on every little detail. Now if only LEGO would make a model this nice

This is beautiful! :thumbup: I think I like the spirals the most. But what I really love is how you did it Architecture style, so kudos to you for that!

Epic! I love the way you balanced the tiles and studs.

The towers are fantastic also! *oh2*

Good work on the temple. It is instantly recognizable and I can almost picture Vader and the 501st marching up the stairs. I'd offer to do the render, but on my netbook it took 6 days to do an 800 piece build. I'm not sure I can spend 18 days on a render.

That is awesome. My eyes didn't travel further down than the spires. :tongue: I second the motion to render it. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks a lot, Masked! I really appreciate it! :sweet:

It looks great, that scale is perfect :wub:

Thank you. I started with the stairs and base, and worked up from there. I had a rough idea of how I was going to build the ziggurat and what parts I'd use (2x2x3 slopes!) even then.

I'm not the biggest fan of LDD, but I've always wanted to see a good Jedi Temple, and this is simply amazing :thumbup: Great work on every little detail. Now if only LEGO would make a model this nice

It's a shame because LDD can often, in some ways, make much more realistic MOCs than you'd be able to in real life, what with all the parts and colours available. Hopefully as the rendering becomes much more attractive and convincing, digital MOCs will start to become more popular.

Thanks for your comments! :classic:

This is beautiful! :thumbup: I think I like the spirals the most. But what I really love is how you did it Architecture style, so kudos to you for that!

Thank you! Just pretend one of the outer black tiles has 'Jedi Temple' printed on it. :tongue:

Holy moley this is grand! I want to see a real life model, if anyone wants to do that... :wink:

:laugh: Definitely! If anyone wants to build it, just ask, because I too would love to see it built with real bricks!

Wow, this is a great build, ADHO15! I love the detail in the towers as well as the base of the building. Great Job :thumbdown:

Thank you. :classic: Unfortunately, the tower detail came at the expense of making them too big, but the trade-off was worth it, I think.

Epic! I love the way you balanced the tiles and studs.

The towers are fantastic also! *oh2*

Cheers! :classic: I noticed some bumpy/spotted tiling on the temple roof, so using normal studded plates seemed like the best solution to me. I am a fan of smooth surfaces in MOCs, but a few studs never go amiss!

You...go...boy! :sweet:

:laugh: Thanks. Glad you like it.

Good work on the temple. It is instantly recognizable and I can almost picture Vader and the 501st marching up the stairs. I'd offer to do the render, but on my netbook it took 6 days to do an 800 piece build. I'm not sure I can spend 18 days on a render.

No worries! :grin: That is a LONG time to wait for a render, so someone else is welcome to do it.

Fantastic, have you subbitted it to cuusoo?

No, I'm not signed up to it, but I suppose I could submit it if you guys think it's worth it and will get support. Ta!

Fantastic work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I like it a lot :classic:

No, I'm not signed up to it, but I suppose I could submit it if you guys think it's worth it and will get support.

I will support this project :wink:

There is already a very similar project that has a lot of buzz. The large number of comments mean's it's got a permanent spot on the discover page, too.

There is already a very similar project that has a lot of buzz. The large number of comments mean's it's got a permanent spot on the discover page, too.

Well that's different, this one is smaller and much more likely to happen.

Thank you, Wedge. :classic:

This is really beautiful! I especially love the deails of the spires. :classic:

Thanks a lot! :classic:

Well that's different, this one is smaller and much more likely to happen.

Dude do it cause you have my support...

Well that's a few, so I'm nearly there! :laugh: I'll try uploading it tomorrow then. :classic: