KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

I'm new to Lego and even newer to Lego SW so forgive me if this is commonly known...Are the dates listed on the OP of this thread normally accurate, or is it like with action figures (if it says June they really mean 3rd, possibly 4th quarter)?

They are normally accurate. The sets should be out in European countries by June.

They are normally accurate. The sets should be out in European countries by June.

Cool, thanks! Do they hit in Europe first normally? I know the falcon is listed for preorder on amazon uk but not on the US site yet.

Cool, thanks! Do they hit in Europe first normally? I know the falcon is listed for preorder on amazon uk but not on the US site yet.

Yep. US should get them in August, but if you can't wait they'll be on BL soon after the European release.

Wow just checked the updated OP (sorry, dont know if it was changed long ago) and i saw the price for the 7962 Anakin's and Sebulba's Podracers!! 100 euros?? *oh2* dang! wasn't supposed to be like 75 or so? Sorry if i'm reposting something that has already been discussed, but as i'm not into prequels stuff, i don't normally check the updates on those...but those 99,99 got my attention :sceptic:

Since there are only five minifigs in total included in the SSD, it for sure isn't meant as a playset (like 10188 DS). And so I even bet that there'll be - apart from a very small bridge - no more interior included in it (like in the UCS Falcon and the UCS Imp. Shuttle).

I wonder when we'll get any information on the Hoth Echo Base. Come on, we got infos on / pics of the Naboo Fighter already weeks ago although it surely firstly will be released at about the same time.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I've seen the Hoth Echo Base set. It was a quick glance. But I can tell you this, there's a Luke in a Bacta Tank and there's a RED C-3PO (something like this).

I've seen the Hoth Echo Base set. It was a quick glance. But I can tell you this, there's a Luke in a Bacta Tank and there's a RED C-3PO (something like this).

Most interesting. Where exactly did you see the set?

there is only a bridge in the SSD Lego confirmed that one.

Thank you very much for this information, andrewqwy! :classic:

If this info was right, this would be great news!

But more than a red C-3PO we definately need Major Bren Darlin as a minifigure.

Klaus-Dieter

Most interesting. Where exactly did you see the set?

A friend of mine works very closely with LEGO. I can't reveal too much if you know what I mean :laugh:

A friend of mine works very closely with LEGO. I can't reveal too much if you know what I mean :laugh:

I know what you mean. I just wanted to know if you got this from a reliable source.

Exactly how much can you reveal? Date of release, price point, and minifigs would be of the most interest.

I know what you mean. I just wanted to know if you got this from a reliable source.

Exactly how much can you reveal? Date of release, price point, and minifigs would be of the most interest.

Yes, the source is very reliable. I won't want to put up fake info to get us Star Wars fans excited for nothing. Like I said, it was a quick glance, so I can't provide you a date of release and price. All I can remember was this looks to be a big set, say "Battle of Endor" size set? Has tonnes of minifigs (some rebels hopefully Major Bren is one of them). I only mentioned the Bacta Tank and the Red C-3PO in my previous post because that's the 2 things that stood out. The rest of the set looks very much like the continuation of 7666 Hoth Rebel Base. When I looked at the pic, the thought of combining these 2 sets to make a huge Echo Base came into my mind.

I'm sorry I can't provide more information. I can't remember clearly the stuff I wasn't paying attention to. But for the Bacta Tank and Red C-3PO, it's solid.

Yes, the source is very reliable. I won't want to put up fake info to get us Star Wars fans excited for nothing. Like I said, it was a quick glance, so I can't provide you a date of release and price. All I can remember was this looks to be a big set, say "Battle of Endor" size set? Has tonnes of minifigs (some rebels hopefully Major Bren is one of them). I only mentioned the Bacta Tank and the Red C-3PO in my previous post because that's the 2 things that stood out. The rest of the set looks very much like the continuation of 7666 Hoth Rebel Base. When I looked at the pic, the thought of combining these 2 sets to make a huge Echo Base came into my mind.

I'm sorry I can't provide more information. I can't remember clearly the stuff I wasn't paying attention to. But for the Bacta Tank and Red C-3PO, it's solid.

Thank you very much for this information, andrewqwy! :classic:

That sounds amazing! :oh:

Hopefully TLG didn't miss to include Major Bren Darlin - otherwise this would be a shame. And I even hope for the medical droid (from Palpatine's Shuttle) to be included.

I wonder if there will be some Imperial minifigs (esp. Snowtroopers) be included, too (because of the playability for kids).

Klaus-Dieter

Wow, you miss a bit of stuff on this thread, and BAM, info on the Hoth set! This sounds like it could potentially be the best set for this wave. A red protocol droid and Luke in a bacta tank just sound awesome! Who is Bren Darlin? I thought that General Carlist Rieekan played a more significant commanding role during the Battle of Hoth? I would like to see him in minifig form. He's always been one of my favourite Rebel commanders.

Hmm. If it's a similar size to the Battle of Endor, hopefully it won't include an AT-ST or things that I don't particularly want.

I'm not sure whether to be excited or not. Knowing the scale of the set now means that there's less of a chance that I'll get it anyway...

Hmm. If it's a similar size to the Battle of Endor, hopefully it won't include an AT-ST or things that I don't particularly want.

I'm not sure whether to be excited or not. Knowing the scale of the set now means that there's less of a chance that I'll get it anyway...

Well, if there were a walker included, I think it would have been mentioned. That sort of thing would probably stand out in a Hoth set. Also, I doubt TLG would include an AT-ST in a Hoth set, because A) they have always released them based on Endor, and B) people usually associate AT-ATs with Hoth, so it would seem confusing.

Ah, but if you carefully enough you'll see a AT-ST scream passed a AT-AT in the back ground in the final scenes on Hoth.

I wonder if this set will join the 2007 TRU exclusive Hoth Base ? :wink:

May the brick be with us all ! :grin:

If it is a Hoth-ized version of 8038, I don't see any reason why the medium vehicle included wouldn't be a T-47.

Right that's what we all need another snowspeeder ?! :laugh:

That will be number what-ever ? :wink:

I guess we'll get a Leia in Hoth-gear...time for me to drag out my Hoth Base parts and reassemble. :wink:

If it is a Hoth-ized version of 8038, I don't see any reason why the medium vehicle included wouldn't be a T-47.

Well, we have had one last year, but it could be possible.

Right that's what we all need another snowspeeder ?! :laugh:

That will be number what-ever ? :wink:

Um, two MINIs, one UCS, and four System T-47s currently exist, I believe, counting the MINI that was never released but not counting any changes in box art. So that would be number eight.

In any case, I think it makes sense. It'd be an opportunity for TLG to finally return to a grey T-47 and revise their design, and maybe we could get one of the as yet unreleased members of Rogue Squadron on top of that. While I doubt it, a T-47 holding Wegde and Wes while Luke is in the bacta tank could be a nice change. But I suppose if TLG did include a T-47 they'd probably go back to Luke and Dack.

Finally! Just when I was thinking it was a lost cause. The bacta tank sounds good- I hope it comes with the medical droid. Also, Wes Janson would be nice- he's the only on-screen pilot seen at Hoth we don't have yet. Obviously we need Derlin, and maybe Dash Rendar as a bonus.

Here's what I'm thinking it will include:

1-2 halls

Command Center

Med Bay

Small hanger

Hoth Solo

Hoth Leia

Car Crash Hoth Luke

Pilot Luke (?)

Hoth (?) Chewie

Major Derlin

Wes Janson

1 Pilot (Zev? Dack? Wedge?)

1-2 Rebel Troops

1-2 Snowtroops

Darth Vader

Wampa

Tauntaun

Edited by The Legonater

Also, Wes Janson would be nice- he's the only on-screen pilot seen at Hoth we don't have yet.

Technically not; all the pilots are assembled for the briefing before the battle begins.

Technically not; all the pilots are assembled for the briefing before the battle begins.

Oh, good point. So that adds Hobbie, and any others there that have been named.