Sign in to follow this  
Corioso

June 26

Same-sex marriage was legalized throughout the United States on June 26, 2015. I built a MOC about this event.

19206177245_46dc545c4a_c.jpg

June 26 by Corioso, on Flickr

I like it, especially with how you used different building techniques to create many flag varieties. I've seen a fair number of historical event MOC's and its very mind-blowing to think of how this event will be another iconic moment for people to recreate in art media, including Lego.

Is the background just a facade or is it a modular building?

Great MOC for a wonderful, historic day! I showed it to my best friend, who is gay, and he says it's amazing!

Edited by Mariko

My Twitter stream was going wild on Friday with people celebrating. I think you definitely captured the mood and spirit of the day. Well done!

Lovely MOC for a great day. Like the Village People policeman in the background, he's funny.

I really like this as well. I am intrigued by the building in the back, is that Sand Rose colored bricks in the arch ways?

Nice way to capture a historic moment. Apart from that, those cars really caught my attention. They look cute and a bit old-school. Do you have any extra photo of any of them?

Awesome design and execution. All the flags look really good and, as mentioned, the variety helps. Plus the minifigures were well chosen and look appropriately varied and happy. Very well done!