Kai NRG

[O - I06] Based on Lava

Edit: Whoopsie!

Tags: Airplane [Actually helicopter but that isn't there], Water Vehicle, Building, Science

Excerpt from Guy Wynd's pilot log:

Delivered supplies as per assignment to the base on Yetornius. They seemed to be having a good time, were just about to try out the hopefully lava resistant speedercraft. Their scientist was praising it to the skies but he didn't volunteer and got back into the lab asap. The poor guy who did end up taking the trip didn't seem overly confident. Seems like all went well tho.

Base construction would seem to be done. They've got one tower, lab and storehouse in one, then a crane and drilling platform, zip lines back and forth, plus a small docking area. As long as the predatorial life stays away don't think they'll be having much trouble!

18074737018_064d7af7fe.jpg

17642018453_a9b1a44470.jpg

Docking area:

18262664935_20eb26d4e0.jpg

The white building is modular, that is, it has removable roofs, besides a ladder from one story to the next. Here's a shot inside the first story, the lab:

17640108524_939648de22.jpg

And here's one of the second story:

17642134893_c4afa8a615.jpg

The speedercraft:

18258909002_95230a347a.jpg

18057170610_fbf1ef1521.jpg

The platform features a forkliftish thing and a drill.

18076331379_dcae4e0c95.jpg

And a few shots of the helicopter. Why is it that I always make my cockpits so tiny! :laugh:

18246242461_b05dd57dd6.jpg

No doing barrel rolls in this puppy! It's only got one job: to transport Octan supplies into rough places!

17624314873_80fff751d6.jpg

Lastly, another overview from a higher angle:

18074846230_edde5af41d.jpg

Fortunately, as it turned out the forecast was about as wrong as wrong could be and yesterday was, well, not what I would consider a nice day, but a nice day for taking pictures! Overall this was an enjoyable build, I definitely like lava! :grin:

C&C appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to look it over!

Edited by Kai NRG

Nice outpost! I like the expression on the guy in the lava. :sweet:

Edited by Lady K

Wow! That is a Great build! You did a excellent job at incorporating lots of application with your Outpost. Very well done! :classic:

Lovely base! Those vehicles are great too! I especially like that cute and compact helicopter!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

What a great outpost! It has so many features (what a cute helicopter!) and makes a wonderful playset!

Had to read through the story carefully to realize the purpose of having an outpost in the mddle of a field of lava! ^^ Anyway, nice build, love the little added details and the sideways use of arcs to create a round hole.

This is a really good build, all the industrial greebling and details makes it seem like a really functional outpost!

I must confess I'm not convinced about the helicopter - it just seems a bit too small and blocky - but that's a very minor criticism.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Lovely base! Those vehicles are great too! I especially like that cute and compact helicopter!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Trying to get a guy in that cockpit was a pain... :laugh: Thanks!

This is a really good build, all the industrial greebling and details makes it seem like a really functional outpost!

I must confess I'm not convinced about the helicopter - it just seems a bit too small and blocky - but that's a very minor criticism.

Thanks Space Terrapin! You might be right about the helicopter. I'm not much of a vehicle builder, so hopefully this will help me improve a bit there!