CopMike

[NORTH AMERICA] Fan Favorite LEGO Elements For Sale in LBR

[PLEASE NOTE THIS MESSAGE APPLIES TO NORTH AMERICA ONLY]

Hello and Good Afternoon Ambassadors & Work Group Leaders,

I hope this message finds you each well! As we’ve discussed here previously, there have been some significant changes to the Pick & Build, formally Pick-a-Brick, wall in our LEGO Brand Retail (LBR) stores this year. Some aspects of this roll out have made their way to the European locations but for the most part the impact was within North America.

I’ve been in dialog with the responsible team and we have an interesting bit of information we’d like to share with you. We are currently piloting a “fan favorite” concept on the Pick & Build wall in which we’ve partnered with the LBR Experience team to identify and supply LEGO elements that would be considered popular among the AFOL community. For the moment, this is in practice at two test locations (Bridgewater, New Jersey & San Antonio, Texas) This selection is not based upon any surveys or focus groups you have missed, but rather on the intel of your LEGO community team and ordering habits in various support programs. For reference, I’ve attached the graphic that is being utilized to highlight these pieces on the wall.

If the concept tests well, we hope to continue roll out across all LBR locations in North America. However, I do not have any information regarding timing. Additionally, I do not have any information regarding implementation at our locations in Europe. What are your thoughts on this concept? Please feel free to share this information with your respective groups.

Thank you for your time and continued support of the LEGO Brand!

With Regards,

Kevin Hinkle

Community Manager - Americas

CEE Community Support

This sounds great! I can't tell you how many times I've looked at a PaB wall to not find any elements I need for current MOCs. I hope thi is successful an expands to all LEGO stores. Maybe a few technic elements would be nice as well, maybe gears and differentials and other items found in small quantities in sets.

Andy D

I hope this is going to be successful and spreads out around the globe. Would be absolutely great to have a few bins where we could vote on the content! :)

Sounds like a really cool initiative! What was the attached graphic? You didn't include that in your post.

I wonder if selection is based on past LUGBULK orders by various LUGs over the years.

I would like to see the graphic, I have relatives in NJ who I could maybe convince to get me some parts. :laugh:

CopMike did you get image referenced that is used to mark the special parts?

I'm pretty excited for this. I'd love to see more wheels, 1 wide bricks, transparent panels and windows, and now we'll be able to get these. But unless Lego keeps dedicated stock for PaB (I can't remember if they do or not), we should keep in mind that PaB is usually leftover stocks of pieces that Lego needs to clear out.

Wow this sounds amazing! If they release 1x1 light grey cheese slopes, round 1x1 transparent blue parts, or 1x2 dark grey slopes, I'll forever be happy.

For those that may not have seen it on flickr, it seems this is the first test. Photo by flickr user DJ Quest - from the store in Bridgewater, New Jersey.

=

Fan Favorites by DJ Quest, on Flickr

Thanks for sharing. Not bad.

Yea thanks for the pic. These are all elements I've seen on the wall before. Tiles are good, but purple? And I'd rather see 1x1 with 1 stud on the side than 4 studs. I hope they step this up with more unique pieces in the future.