Doctor Sinister

EN Guidance Notes

The following are official guidance notes (I hate to use the term "rules" for something that should be fun) as drawn up by myself, Batbrick and Stauder upon invitation by the Eurobricks Administration.

To begin with, we would like to thank everyone for their interest in this little idea - it's really got way beyond what I personally anticipated and it seems to have taken on a life of its own - which is super-cool, but it has been determined that the project will require some organisation and guidance as a result of the fantastic response to date.

To that end, we are issuing the following:

1. The EN Charter is to defeat clone brands, defend our borders, keep the LEGO faith and above all, prevent conflict between our great LEGO nations. To that end we should strive to work together and provide mutual assistance.
  2. "Membership" of the EN is open to all - this means anyone with an interest in military history, creating their own military vehicles or even if you are just an "ideas" person. There's no restriction and you are all welcome however the concept behind the EN is that it is very much based on the technology of today and perhaps a few years hence - and with that in mind, MOCs should be essentially grounded in "reality". A few sci-fi twists are probably OK (eg, railguns - this is up and coming technology and the US Navy is testing a railgun system right now) but lasers and anti-grav' and things might be pushing it too far, although of course such MOCs are welcome within the Eurobricks forum as a whole.
  3. The prime aim of membership of the EN is to enjoy yourself and to post pictures of your cool LEGO military vehicles. To that end, members should continue to start new threads showcasing their new MOCs so that each creation gets a fair crack at the whip and it's own place in the spotlight. Equally, there is already a separate thread where people may post pictures of their armies as they grow in size and capability so that we can compare and contrast our varying military forces. This doesn't stop you posting your armies in new threads, but we also think it would also be nice to keep the other thread ongoing so we can see our forces in one place.
  4. Batbrick, Stauder and myself have been tasked with "overseeing" the development of the EN. That doesn't mean we have a monopoly on the ideas but our goal is to make sure it stays fun and interesting and that we don't have any infighting. To that end...
  5. With the exception of the three of us listed in (4) above, each member of the EN will start out with a certain "rank" within the organisation. At a practical level, this will mean that at any one time you will occupy a particular sub-group - for example this might equate to something like grunts, field officers, lieutenants etc. As much as it would be cool to have fifty Generals knocking around from day 1, this is obviously impractical. Movement up the "rank" system is easy enough however - the system will be oriented around MOCing and building armies, and those who seem to have a good time commenting on other's creations. That way, with everyone starting at the same level, there will be much squabbling avoided and ranks will be behind MOCing and armybuilding in importance. Post count alone is not necessarily a factor here. Members will be informed as their rank increases and we will be posting a list of ranks/sub-groups in due course. We may also consider the option to award certain "special" ranks, for well-contributing members and those who function in certain categories - for instance, a member might be granted a unique rank if their specialty involved Navy Warfare. In addition, if we run any MOC competitions, a rank increase might be awarded as a prize.
  6. Indicating that you are part of the EN can be easily done if you add the logo into your signature. I have placed a small version of the EN logo on Brickshelf. To insert the image into your sig', click on the "My Controls" option at the top of this page and then at the left side, select the "Edit Signature" option. After that, you can insert the code below into your sig (to allow you to see the code without actually inserting an image into this post, I have inserted asterisk symbols into the code at either end - simply remove these * symbols and your signature will display the image once you hit the "Update my Signature" option):
    [*img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DoctorSinister/EN/thumb/enlogosmall.jpg_thumb.jpg[*/img]
  7. In an ideal world, I personally would love to co-ordinate this project with the town-twinning one and have one super-duper map of our "world" that contains not only the towns that are twinned, but the locations of our military bases and cities - and create an all-encompassing world that we could, perhaps in due course, wage virtual war over against our enemies - but this is long term.
  8. These guidance notes may be added to at any time in the future.
  9. Any disagreements that break out over these "rules" should be enforced through either an EN-friendly admin' or Batbrick, Stauder or myself. Edit by Hinckley: Anything that falls under the EB TOS will be enforced by the staff. Requests and conflicts over the "rules" themselves can be answered by the EN founders, but any innapropriate behavior in such conflicts will be dealt with the same as anywhere else on the forum End edit.
  10. HAVE FUN!

Dr. S.

Edit by Hinckley: In the future, please discuss the EN in this thread and post the pictures of your armies in the picture thread. Thank you.

OK chaps, here are the ranks - we're going to be working on a system for progression, but this is the "ladder" so to speak.

enranks.jpg

Dr. S.

Edit by Hinckley: The rules for ranks are simple: asking for a rank will get you nothing. Your own rank will raise with time. Be patient and have fun. Thank you. :-)

Dr. S I know you said no lasers but could we put them in our mocs if there huge like the ones that US Airforce is testing and planing on putting in 747s. So Maybe we could have a laser building or a laser ship. Also should we put our rank, once they have been decided, within our signature or is this not necessary.

laserturret12.jpg

Edited by General Kannon

Dr. S I know you said no lasers but could we put them in our mocs if there huge like the ones that US Airforce is testing and planing on putting in 747s. So Maybe we could have a laser building or a laser ship. Also should we put our rank, once they have been decided, within our signature or is this not necessary.

laserturret12.jpg

Ranks within signatures would be the way to go, I think, yes.

Interesting to hear about the laser - do you have a linky to an article about it? This sort of thing might be OK. I think we might want to avoid things like Star Wars style blasters etc.

Dr. S.

Doctor Sinister, those who had high ranks before, do they still have them now? I wan Batbrick's second in command and I wouldn't like to lose that spot.

*sweet*

Ranks within signatures would be the way to go, I think, yes.

Interesting to hear about the laser - do you have a linky to an article about it? This sort of thing might be OK. I think we might want to avoid things like Star Wars style blasters etc.

Dr. S.

Definitely if people want to use blasters then there probably in forum section. Also what is starting out rank Private? and Does rank have anything to with the size of your army.

Also I have no clue if it works because I have only read a couple blurbs on it but boeing also put the laser in a Humvee. But i think we should limit lasers to facilities at least 16x8 so then people arnt trying to stretch the rules and saying, "Well, if his scientist could put it on a plane and his on a truck then its a natural progression that one of the scientist would put it in a gun"Whinny EN Member

zeus.jpg

Edited by General Kannon

Helo!

Havent responded in EN treads for a long time but still...

As i can't aford an huge army and would still like to participate in the EN, i'm villing to volunteer for a map creation...just gimme some guidelines and stuff... currently i'm building a map "dr.s" style, but if there would be any changes please or ideas contact me...

I promise i'll do my best.

EN Admin,

Are any of you three going to be able to edit posts and stuff similar to a Regulator in the town forum?

P

Phredit:

Oh and also,

Is there going to be specified rank eventually?

For officer ranks in the US Army there's:

O-1 2LT (2nd Lieutenant)

O-2 1LT (1st Lieutenant)

O-3 CPT (captain)

O-4 MAJ (major)

O-5 LTC (Lieutenant Colonel)

O-6 COL (Colonel)

O-7 BG (brigadier general)

O-8 MG (major general)

O-9 LG (lieutenant general)

O-10 GEN and GA (general and general of the army respectively)

We can use a totally different rank system of course, just wanted to show you what i'm used to when i was in the Army National Guard. X-D

Edited by phred

yay their is now some organized chaos! >:-)

I think a seperate subforum is goig a bit far perhaps for this moment in time!

I just want to clarify a couple of things:

1. There are no current plans to make a sub-forum for the EN-please stop asking for one.
  2. There will be no EN Regulators
  3. Ranks will be discussed by Doctor Sinister soon-(hopefully very soon) so please don't bring the subject up as that is where we've run into trouble before.
  4. Please don't discuss ranks until Dr. Sinister comes up with a fair rank system.
  5. DON'T DISCUSS RANKS YET!

Thank you. :-)

1. There are no current plans to make a sub-forum for the EN-please stop asking for one.
  2. There will be no EN Regulators
  3. Ranks will be discussed by Doctor Sinister soon-(hopefully very soon) so please don't bring the subject up as that is where we've run into trouble before.
  4. Please don't discuss ranks until Dr. Sinister comes up with a fair rank system.
  5. DON'T DISCUSS RANKS YET!

Thank you. :-)

That sums it up nicley. Ok People listen, some are wondering why we didint ask for a sub forum nor a special mod. Why? We dont need one. All we need it 2 - 3 topics. And Hinkley is kind enough to over see this. We dont want to have to shut down our own game becuase of squabbles ablut ranks and sutch. Have a Peaceful Day!

Stauder :-)

Edited by Stauder

That sums it up nicley. Ok People listen, some are wondering why we didint ask for a sub forum nor a special mod. Why? We dont need one. All we need it 2 - 3 topics. And Hinkley is kind enough to over see this. We dont want to have to shut down our own game becuase of squabbles.

Stauder :-)

And honestly you guys, It's only been a week since this was formed, it's way too early to talk about forming mods and subforums for something this young. The TIE army is wildly popular and has been around forever and it has only one thread, so you can end the discussion about expansion now.

The most important rule, the way I see it, is to have fun. Don't worry about ranks, about moderation powers or anything like that-you have two threads to discuss and post military building with friends and LEGO fans from around the world-just do that and have a good time. :-)

I want this to be fun and positive for everyone and it will be as long as you guys keep building and don't start any petty squabbling over structure and rank.

OK chaps, here are the ranks - we're going to be working on a system for progression, but this is the "ladder" so to speak.

enranks.jpg

Dr. S.

Edit by Hinckley: I'm adding this info to the first post. The rules for ranks are simple: asking for a rank will get you nothing. Your own rank will raise with time. Be patient and have fun. Thank you. :-)

Wow, I go to sleep for one night and this all happens :-$

Excellent system there Dr.S.

Remember EN members, we WILL have a list of the ranks of all members, so please don't attempt to move yourself up a rank. This is meant to be, as other's have mentioned before: FUN

We all love lego, so the aim is build, and support, and comment, on other's army creations. The ranks are merely part of the fun, and are not the main thing involved :-)

Also, please feel free to post your mocs in new threads, so other's may comment, but please do not open a new thread devoted to ranks or maps. This will be a repeat of before's problem. Thankyou for being patient.

Now lets get MOCing! *sweet*

Nothing to Say, but Batbrick Away! >:-)

Nice rank system, thanks a lot for taking the time with that one Dr. Sinister :-)

..and thanks to Hinckley and the rest of the admins/mods for having the patience to let Dr. Sinister&co work out a system and try to turn what looked like a first class spamfest into something positive and fun :-) and now, back to designing an MBT in mlcad ;-) (not sure if it's my fourth of fifth attempt at an MBT, I'm never satisfied and ends up starting over from scratch..)

Wow great to see so much organisation going on here. Seems like it's really beginning to shape up. Good job Dr Sinister and the other watchers

Sorry Hinckley, I wasn't trying to ask for a specific rank or anything. :-$

Probably a good idea not to worry a about another MOD or regulator yet. *y*

Just trying to give a suggestion about a rank system since i was in the Wisconsin Army Guard

I probably should have made that clearer. 8-|

Sweet, i like it!

Great work Dr. S.

P

Dr. S could you give us a link/post them here of each of the individual ranks so we can put the picture in our sigs.

You don't get to choose a rank, each member is assigned the lowest rank and can be promoted from there.

You don't get to choose a rank, each member is assigned the lowest rank and can be promoted from there.

I know that Batbrick, but we cant post that entire image as our rank so if someone had all of the ranks on Brickshelf, then as we got promoted we could go and pickup our new rank, or are yall planing on giving us the link to the our current rank(maybe yall could make them really odd file names so that unless yall gave it to us we could have it)