Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now Redux - Day Two

Day2Banner.png

Day One

Kolgrima the Deep-Minded (Kristel) peered around into the main hall, clearly up to no good.

1_zps3b545c9b.jpg

Producing a sack, Kolgrima eyed all of the shiny goblets and plates.

2_zps93005a5c.jpg

She proceeded to stuff as much gold as she could carry into her sack.

4_zpsaad605ae.jpg

She was so busy doing this that she didn't hear the footsteps behind her...

5_zps0c382cd9.jpg

Suddenly, the dark figure thrust a sword into Kolgrima's back.

6_zps2b93ed24.jpg

Kolgrima reached for her weapons, only to find that she had abandoned them in order to carry more loot. As her assailant closed in, she accepted her fate.

7_zps6f006a48.jpg

With the figure's second lunge, Kolgrima was killed.

8_zps3306df97.jpg

Outside the hall, Chlodochar (Captain Genaro) was a-roaming. He was visibly upset about something.

9_zps0c24fbc0.jpg

"Chlodochar. Chlodochar. It's not hard to say. Not Chloe. Not Clodhopper. Not Chloroform. Klode-o-kar. I think that's how it's pronounced. I don't know, to be honest. By Wodanaz, are all Norsemen this stupid?"

10_zps12db144e.jpg

A shadowy figure called out from behind him: "Hey! Chlodochar!"

11_zps0329f64c.jpg

Chlodochar turned around, delighted.

"See? Was that so hard to say?"

12_zps41c427fe.jpg

His smile quickly faded when he realised who had been calling out, however.

13_zps5229d6a4.jpg

With a single stroke, the figure cut Chlodochar's head clean off.

14_zps05e61c68.jpg

15_zpsc424a2de.jpg

Meanwhile, another shadowy figure was laying in wait for their victim.

16_zpse02fb2dd.jpg

Eventually, the figure's target came wandering through the hall.

17_zps2ed90ad0.jpg

Axe in hand, the figure sprung into action!

18_zps084fe39f.jpg

With a well-placed strike, Mist (Mencot) was slain.

19_zps8a48f6e1.jpg

20_zpsf266f141.jpg

When morning came, the einherjar were welcomed with the sight of their fallen comrades.

21_zps2ad66241.jpg

Before them lay Kolgrima the Deep-Minded, a loyal member of the Einherjar.

IMG_0951_zps1fdaa306.jpg

A little further ahead was Mist's corpse. She too was one of the Einherjar.

IMG_0952_zps9e2f6fb5.jpg

Outside lay Chlodochar, another Einherjar.

IMG_0961_zps782de71d.jpg

"This is bad news indeed," said Harald, "both Petr Half-Troll and Tumius Aximus were also Einherjar. We will need to do better today if we wish to defeat these foul servants of Loki."

22_zps26aeae3d.jpg

Players

Non-Playable Characters:

Haral_zps9ccef917.png Harald

Thor_zps94b74664.png Thor

Living Players (17):

Finn_zps1ff09b16.pngFinn the Squinter (fhomess)

Mursi_zps836fc336.pngChief Mursi (CorneliusMurdock)

Canut_zps4be7c644.pngCanute Grey-Bush (CallMePie)

Wary_zps6a0e973d.pngWary the Black (Waterbrick Down)

Pat_zpscb26adaf.pngPatrekr the Red (Palathadric)

Willy_zps5a664a10.pngWilhalm Bloodaxe (WhiteFang)

Rurik_zps2d96d0ec.pngRurik the Bastard (Rick)

Snotra_zpsab3b0fb0.pngSnotra Carrotface (Scubacarrot)

Foog_zps36dec441.pngGofraid the Foog (Fugazi)

Helga_zps0ce6d47c.pngHelga Pudding-Head (Hinckley)

Lefsi_zps30385d9a.pngLefsi Red-Shirt (LegoDad)

Sigri_zps17e8f2da.pngSigrid (Sisco)

Dagst_zpsbc99ded3.pngDagstyrr the Fool (Darkdragon)

Dufa_zpsdcdd71ff.pngDufa the Godless (def)

Boi_zps449f3e2c.pngBaulf (Bob)

Naemr_zpsbefd0c07.pngNaemr Sledgehammer (Captain Nemo)

Jarni_zpsc6d7aff6.pngJarni Child-Sparer (jamesn)

Dead Players (5):

Petr_zps5d48a370.jpgPetr Half-Troll (Piratedave84) - Einherjar - convicted, Day One

Tumi_zps88630c08.jpgTumi "Tumius Aximus" (Trumpetking) - Einherjar - killed, Day One

Kolgr_zps7a185168.jpgKolgrima the Deep-Minded (Kristel) - Einherjar - murdered, Night One

Chlod_zpsbe67afd1.jpgChlodochar (Captain Genaro)- Einherjar - murdered, Night One

Mist_zpsf3def1ce.jpgMist (Mencot)- Einherjar - murdered, Night One

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Einherjar or the Servants of Loki. To win the game, the Einherjar must kill off all the Servants of Loki, while the Servants of Loki must outnumber the Einherjar. Neutral characters will have their victory conditions outlined in their role.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void and must not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts. Editing your post on three separate occasions will result in a mod-kill.

9. You must post in every day thread. Failure to do so will result in a mod-kill.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

What in Nifleheim?? In just one day, five people were killed and every one of them is Einherjar. *huh*

Do we think there are two vigs or is there a serial killer? Last time, for those of you who weren't here, there was a compulsive vig and a normal vig who could choose if he wanted to kill or not. It's hard to speculate who killed who since all three victims were under suspicion.

Why was Kolgrima looting the hall? :wacko:

Do we think there are two vigs or is there a serial killer? Last time, for those of you who weren't here, there was a compulsive vig and a normal vig who could choose if he wanted to kill or not. It's hard to speculate who killed who since all three victims were under suspicion.

The first two MOs look familiar, but I'm not ready to read too much into them yet. As has been said before, Loki could be messing with us.

Why was Kolgrima looting the hall? :wacko:

It seems she was a pirate. Not sure if there's more to it.

Kolgr_zps31f7f812.png

Kolgrima the Deep-Minded (Kristel)

Claim to Fame: Kolgrima was a fiery member of a powerful Varangian family. In order to secure an alliance, her father married her off to another noble family despite her protestations. Unwilling to spend the rest of her days with a snooty prince, Kolgrima sailed away before she could meet him. Seeking a simpler life, she left her family behind and decided to start life afresh. Though she attempted to make a get by in a small village, she came to miss the wealth she had previously taken for granted. Realising that she was not cut out for a destitute life in the country, she got back on her boat... and took up piracy. She acquired much loot as a result and earned the respect of her fellow crewmen. With the spoils she obtained, she built a larger fleet, which in turn yielded more riches. Though she had enough power and money to live a good life again, Kolgrima wanted more, enjoying the act of pillaging and stealing more than the actual wealth. Never spending her money, her ships gradually became huge hoards of gold.

Cause of Death: After robbing a thrall for a single gold coin, Kolgrima headed back to her ship. However, the added weight of the coin was enough to sink the boat and drown Kolgrima.

Current Status: slowly but surely pocketing all the ornaments and silverware in Valhalla.

This is totally insane. 3 killers? For sure, we can definitely ascertain that there is an extreme high possibility of a town vigilante, scum killer and perhaps a serial killer. Yesterday conviction turned out to be a tragic as well. I can't imagine we lost so much townies in just the first day!

That was a terrible night! I have to think Mist got it from the vig, since he was third on the chopping block. It's plausible that a SK is lurking around. Two vigs would seem to cause a balance problem.

All the same, the other two night victims were reading as suss to me, so maybe I need to think about things more.

So, I have a worry about Mursi, and I want your input on this. In the later part of the day, we bounced some ideas off of each other, and he asked me what I thought of Petr. From a deep and crazy experience I had with him, I knew he had an interest in out there behavior. So I told Mursi, and he just brushed it off, saying it wasn't plausible (that's not the exact phrase, let me quote him).

Momentum was building for Dave. I honestly think they made a play to save him.But crazy stuff is one thing if it makes any sense at all. I can't even see what Dave was trying to accomplish with what he's doing. It's not a trap. And I think he hasn't come back with answers since he has none. Maybe the he'd only dig the hole deeper by talking.

So, he asked my opinion, got an answer that wasn't the narrative he was building, and pushed on with his lynch plan. Now, he did use the word "honestly," so I suppose he couldn't be lying, but it seems like he wanted to take over the vote.

Case in point: a bunch of people vote for Sigrid, and he makes it out to be a scum rush to save him, since he's so sure Sigrid is town (because...?). When even more people rush in to vote for Petr, did any bells go off that that might have been the scum vote to save Sigrid? If it did, I missed it. If it didn't, I think that might have been deliberate.

Case in point: a bunch of people vote for Sigrid, and he makes it out to be a scum rush to save him, since he's so sure Sigrid is town (because...?). When even more people rush in to vote for Petr, did any bells go off that that might have been the scum vote to save Sigrid? If it did, I missed it. If it didn't, I think that might have been deliberate.

Yup, that's what I've been saying for years.

I'm very confused. I'm still unsure as to the death of Tumi. I'm also confused as to all the other deaths. Three night killers and one potential day killer (unless Tumi did something to warrant his death)

You were the one that stopped taliking to me, Dufa. Conversations work like this: One person talks and then the other person talks. You never spoke again so I figured you had whatever it was that made you contact me in the first place.

With the information available to us yesterday, I made the judgment call that Petr was more suspicious than Sigrid. Turns out I was wrong about Petr. Seems I didn't account for bizarre nonsense play from him. If you want to lynch me for that, it'll only waste today.

What is confusing? One day action/vengefulness, one scum kill, one serial killer/single action/somethingorother, one vigilante.

With the information available to us yesterday, I made the judgment call that Petr was more suspicious than Sigrid. Turns out I was wrong about Petr. Seems I didn't account for bizarre nonsense play from him. If you want to lynch me for that, it'll only waste today.

Waste a day... AND bag and tag us a scum. :grin:

You were the one that stopped taliking to me, Dufa. Conversations work like this: One person talks and then the other person talks. You never spoke again so I figured you had whatever it was that made you contact me in the first place.

What are you talking about? We messaged back and forth a couple times, and you didn't ask me any questions that last time and I didn't have any questions until we say how the day turned out, if at all. But I didn't tell you not to PM me or anything. Was there a time limit I needed to contact you in to be considered "still talking"? It's been what, less than 48 hours? That's a bizarre claim, something I think you would know better than to do.

Well, that's the thing. You asked me, and I said he was very much wanting to do crazy stuff when I worked with him. So by didn't account, you mean to say, willingly ignored the fact.

And you're ignoring the question of why you assumed Sigrid was being voted for to save Petr, but ignored the fact that a bunch of votes piled in to lynch Petr.

Be straight, you can just tell us you're scum, it'll make it easier :wink:

*say how > saw how

For the record, this was what I told Mursi about Petr. Mursi wants to say, "With the information available..." but that's not 100% the case.

I don't really 'know' Dave, as in, have gotten to know him through building trust with him in a game, which actually does carry over a bit from game to game. But I can say this: When I played with him, I kept proposing crazy stuff (like holding the town hostage with their info) and his reply was always YES YES YES. Like, he loved the notion of pulling a stunt and was delighted we were doing it. When I proposed crazy stuff in the game two games back as scum, like we block one of our own (the blockee would not be able to talk at night, something to use as evidence later; not so crazy, but a wasted night action from one point of view), I was shot down immediately (politely, of course). So, I think Dave is the type to want to make a splash in games. From a certain point of view, I think he is in everyone's faces by now.

Like, the vote on Mist was pulled back on because we knew what was common for his character, and I think Mursi, an experienced player, could have done the same here.

You get so fixated on things sometimes, Snotra, it amazes me.

If my death will put everyone at ease, then I'll accept that. It is, however, wrong. I can answer whatever accusations you want to put forth nut I don't think a good case has been brought forth yet.

I was wrong about a first day lynch. That's about it. Snotra will be wrong about my lynch. Would that alone be enough for her to be the next day's lynch?

I'm very confused. I'm still unsure as to the death of Tumi. I'm also confused as to all the other deaths. Three night killers and one potential day killer (unless Tumi did something to warrant his death)

I'm totally baffled why this is so confusing. Keeping in mind that pictures are meant for entertainment, Petr killed Tumi. He admitted suspicion of him in public and private. It was his last action as a townie.

As for the three night killers, it's a little confusing, but not out of the ordinary at all.

You get so fixated on things sometimes, Snotra, it amazes me.

If my death will put everyone at ease, then I'll accept that. It is, however, wrong. I can answer whatever accusations you want to put forth nut I don't think a good case has been brought forth yet.

I was wrong about a first day lynch. That's about it. Snotra will be wrong about my lynch. Would that alone be enough for her to be the next day's lynch?

Look. Sometimes it 's obvious when you're town. It's a skill I've perfected. Being town, and obvious about it. At least that's what I think is true. I don't think I've ever been lynched while being town anyways.

Anyhow, it's funny how you're giving up even though technically only two people were going for you. So... Kill him, lynch him, burn him! No Mursi! (get it? It's funny)

Your quote from me, Dufa, is the last message I sent you. If you really felt that strongly about Petr's innocence, why didn't you try to convince me more. You didn't seem so sure about him before, in fact:

If Dave gets a few more votes, I may flip my vote, but I'm probably going to be sleeping when the day ends.

What changed from this to being so sure I was wrong?

So the points against me are:

1. Snotra doesn't like me

2. I thought Petr was more suspicious with his behavior than Sigrid's uselessness and said so.

3. I didn't inundate Dufa's inbox with PM after PM.

Who said I've given up?

My point was that when you're wrong about me, and you've been much more forceful in your accusation than I ever was with Petr, do you expect everyone to lynch you for it?

Well that sucks. I did not expect to wake up to find three more dead bodies, with all of them being town. Most bloody day one I've ever seen.

I'm still a bit iffy on the whole Petr/Tumi thing, though from what people have said and from looking into it myself, it does seem like a vendetta ability. Though clearly the other three were killed by scum and a SK or vig--some kind of combination since three kills is a lot. At this rate, we need to start finding scum fast.

Your quote from me, Dufa, is the last message I sent you. If you really felt that strongly about Petr's innocence, why didn't you try to convince me more. You didn't seem so sure about him before, in fact:

What changed from this to being so sure I was wrong?

I didn't feel so surely about his innocence, just not so sure about his guilt. But I do feel strongly that day one lynches are important. And was willing to switch my vote to make it happen if it made a difference. Right? got it?

So the points against me are:

1. Snotra doesn't like me

True enough, it seems.

2. I thought Petr was more suspicious with his behavior than Sigrid's uselessness and said so.

That's megablocks. You "thought" Petr was being saved by scum. I've said it today, and asked you about it, and you refuse to respond. Total megablocks.

3. I didn't inundate Dufa's inbox with PM after PM.

Super megablocks. You're the one that brought that up. I never brought it up. Quite often, people playing these games make contact and then don't when there's nothing to say. I didn't think anything of it. Your last message came yesterday! I wanted to know why you'd ask me about Petr and ignore the answer 100%. And you turned it around to "You stopped talking to me!" That's one of the worst arguments I've ever heard in a mafia game.

If you think you can reframe the argument using total megablocks, you're arguing with the wrong player.

Well that sucks. I did not expect to wake up to find three more dead bodies, with all of them being town. Most bloody day one I've ever seen.

I'm still a bit iffy on the whole Petr/Tumi thing, though from what people have said and from looking into it myself, it does seem like a vendetta ability. Though clearly the other three were killed by scum and a SK or vig--some kind of combination since three kills is a lot. At this rate, we need to start finding scum fast.

Thanks! Town, Naemr has set a solid plan of action for us today: Find scum fast!

When I wrote that in PM, it seemed like what was happening. Petr got a few votes and then suddenly votes piled on for Sigrid. What do I need to explain about that? Yes, we scraped up a lynch of Petr at the end. What's your point?

I didn't ignore it. My answer to you was that his plan didn't make any sense at all. You quoted my view on that.

Who said I've given up?

You said, and I quote: "If I my death will put everything at ease, then I'll accept that.". This can be constructed in two ways: A: giving up, or just admitting defeat, throwing the loser stick, conceding, whatever. B: As stating facts, but there is nothing there to accept, so this statement would not make any sense. If the remaining people lynch you, there's not a lot to accept. So that means it can only be one variant or another of option A. It's perhaps not exactly giving up, but it's very much defeatist (in a personal way) talk and not exactly the most pugnacious thing to say.

I didn't ignore it. My answer to you was that his plan didn't make any sense at all. You quoted my view on that.

Mursi, let's be serious for a brief moment here, I will get back on track with the dumb jokes soon enough. It's not that you thought Petr was more suspicious than Sigrid that we're after you. It's that you made it a point to get Petr lynched and not Sigrid. I think a townie would have recognized that distinction as well. So that's a thing.

If other people agreed with my view, and they did because there were enough votes at the end, It wasn't from any campaigning I did. I talked to two people in PM. All I did was state my opinion and they gave me theirs.

I didn't think there would be anything to learn from Sigrid's lynch. She was being voted for because of her lack of participation and then her refusal to do anything after being called on it. Petr was squirming all day long and acting very strange. I voted for him and made my opinion of the situation clear.

I'm not sure Sigrid is town. I believe her behavior more closely matches a lazy townie than scum especially based on past performance, but I have no way of knowing with absolute certainty. I never implied that I did. I still feel that she is probably a lazy townie.

My statement about acceptance was that if I were to be lynched, I'm not going to be upset about it. I'm trying my best to avoid such a thing since I know it won't get us a scum, but if the rest of you feel that my death will allow us to overcome Loki's minions in the end ( and who knows maybe the voting patterns or whatnot will eventually), I'm fine with it. Greater good and all that.

As others have said already, are you really still confused? Petr obviously had some kind of vengeful ability which he used against Tumi. Are you merely trying to make conversation so as to stay out of the real scumhunting?

To both of you, but Naemr especially: what are your scum-lists at the moment? Mine was shattered overnight; I was sure Petr was scum, and I expected one more amongst Kolgrima, Mist and Chocolateface. But you two look like pretty good prospects now :thumbup: .

If other people agreed with my view, and they did because there were enough votes at the end, It wasn't from any campaigning I did.

Well that's not completely true now is it, mr. Comic Sans. ROLL THE TAPE.

I agree with Mursi here. Between Mist, Sigrid and Petr (if we must choose among those three) Sigrid appears to me like the easiest and most unproductive lynch. But is there anything to learn from the fact that votes pile up much more easily on her than on any other candidate?

I too get the idea that Sigrid seems like a relatively easy lynch to some. I don't really see the big difference between her and Wilhalm's (non)participation, for example.

Okay, I guess you have a point. It was 5 to 3 and then Sisco got six votes with one Petr one inbetween. I just saw the 5-5 and then 6-6 a little later on. As I said before, the fact that so many suspicious people are voting for Sigrid over Petr, and for such pitiful reasons, makes me think Petr may be the better lynch after all.

Unvote: Sigrid (Sisco)

Vote: Petr Half-Troll (Piratedave84)