banner.png

Initializing Recruitment Program 1 - A

img_0510.jpg

"Hello, I am Admiral Nacheyav, Commanding Officer and Superintendent of the United Earth Naval Academy."

img_0511.jpg

"Here at the United Earth Naval Academy, or the Academy as it's less professionally known, we teach your son or daughter a wide variety of skills and knowledge that they'll need in their careers in the fleet. Our professors are well known, and are often pulled from the fleet themselves to teach."

img_0512.jpg

"Our state-of-the-art training facilities and hands-on classrooms are always available for the students to study in on their own or with a professor on hand."

img_0514.jpg

"Exercises are always helpful to stimulate learning and promote knowledge. Our training commanders are always available to answer students questions."

img_0515.jpg

"Since the students will be enlisting in the United Earth Navy, they will be required to live at the Academy. The Luna Lounge, shown here, is one of the most popular areas for recruits to unwind and converse."

img_0516.jpg

"The staff here at the United Earth Naval Academy strive to teach our students to the best of our abilities and sometimes beyond them. We're constantly pushing boundaries to foster knowledge and shape the minds of the recruits. When you're enlisting to join the United Earth Navy, why don't you give the Academy Entrance Exam a chance? Sail amongst the stars with us, here at the Academy."

End Recruitment Program 1 - A

~~~

Congratulations, you've been accepted into the United Earth Naval Academy and more importantly, Excalibur TNG: Mafia School!

Players:

Command School:

osborne.jpg

Issac Osborne - Played By: TheLazyChicken

goodwin.jpg

Emily Goodwin - Played By: Dragonfire

thompson.jpg

Warren Thompson - Played By: lego3364

Medical School:

powers.jpg

Adam Powers - Played By: jluckhaupt

kennedy.jpg

Greg Kennedy - Played By: Lego Spy

Sciences School:

spencer.jpg

Willie Spencer - Played By: Tohst

fox.jpg

Melinda Fox - Played By: Xenophobic Monoxide

lane.jpg

Emma Lane - Played By: vampyre78

Engineering School:

rhodes.jpg

Fred Rhodes - Played By: Adventurer1

yates.jpg

Jeff Yates - Played By: Getdamonkey

Security School:

daniels.jpg

Timothy Daniels - Played By: Calanon

foster.jpg

Jordan Foster - Played By: Comrade Commander

Reserves:

1) nstickney

Rules:

1) Every player has received their own character. You are either aligned as a Loyalist or the League of Purists. The Loyalists need to eliminate the League of Purists and the League of Purists need to outnumber the town.

2) Every day you will be able to vote for a player. Voting should be done as so: Vote: Character (Player). Unvoting is to be done in the same fashion: Unvote: Character (Player). A majority vote is required to lynch a player. You must vote every day.

3) A game day will last 72 hours. You may not vote within the first 24 hours of the day. Once the day is over, you will have 24 hours to send in a night action if this applies to you. Nights will last at most 48 hours. You may not talk about the game outside of the day thread.

4) The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5) You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6) You are encouraged to role-play in this game. I've provided a bare-bones role for you to flesh out if you wish. With that being said, please do not post out of character in the game thread. You may PM other players, but do so at your own risk.

7) If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players, living or dead. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on.

8) Don't edit your posts.

9) You must post in every day thread.

10) Try to be nice to your fellow players. I won't accept overt bullying.

11) Violation of your first rule will result in a 4-vote penalty, your second violation will result in your death. Since this is a Mafia School, I will try to be lenient, but the best lesson can also sometimes be the harshest.

12) If any player asks you to break these rules, report them to me immediately with proof of their violation.

Your first lesson will be posted soon.

Please confirm here even if you've already confirmed with me via PM! Players only for now!

Edited by Bob

Lesson One: Welcome to Mafia - Interpreting the Rules

Welcome to the game of Mafia. Mafia has existed in one form or another for a really long time. I'm not going to give you an exact date or time period because it'll probably be wrong, but take my word when I say it's been around for awhile. It's also been played a variety of different ways. On the Eurobricks Forums, we play Mafia a special way that still stays true to the original way.

Starting with the first rule, as stated, all players have been given a character. Characters are split up into different teams, primarily called Town and Scum. Depending on the theme of the game, the names will be changed. Since this is a space themed Mafia with a story of its own, the standard teams of Town and Scum wouldn't make much sense. Therefore, the teams are Loyalists as the town and League of Purists as the scum. It's been specifically stated whether or not your character is a Loyalist or a League of Purist member. The goal of the town is to eliminate the scum, while the goal of the scum is to outnumber the town. The scum are all aware of each other and work as a team, but the town does not know who the scum are. If you are a scum, it is best to keep this a secret! In some games, there are Neutral parties. Their goal is to outnumber everyone, and they are usually a serial killer, but the role varies greatly. In this game, however, there are no neutrals. Most hosts won't inform their players of this, but since this is a Mafia School it's important to know.

Moving on to voting. Every day you must vote no matter what. Voting must be done as so, Vote: Player (Character) with unvoting in the same manner: Unvote: Player (Character). You're required to vote every day. Voting can be done based on a wide variety of criteria. The town must try to vote off a member of the scum and the scum will try to confuse the town into voting off a member of the town. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be lynched. If there is a tie, it will be based upon who reached the majority first. The day will last 72 hours no matter what.

At the end of the day, a player will be lynched. During the night, players may die. The alliegance of the players killed during the night as well as the lynched person from the day before will be revealed that morning. Example, if Shadows was lynched at the end of Day One and Hinckley and Dragonator were killed during Night One, their allegiances would all be revealed at the start of Day Two.

Extremely important: Do not quote or pretend to quote anything that I've sent you. If this is the way mafia were played then all we would need to do is show off our Role PMs on Day One and the game would be over since we would know who all the scum are. This goes for night action results as well.

The following is unacceptable:

I received this last night:

Your night action was successful, you killed Random Player.

However, the following is acceptable:

I killed Random Player last night. I am the Vigilante, and I am a member of the town.

It's not advisable to reveal your night action in the day thread, no matter what allegiance you have, just as fair notice.

Another extremely important rule is Rule 7. When you die, you die for good in this game. In some veteran mafia games there might be a Healer or Reviver or you might be a Werewolf or a Tree-stump, but in Mafia School once you die you're dead. Speaking to alive players as a dead player is very serious and is a huge no-no. Not only will this constitute an automatic fail, but you might also be barred from playing in Mafia Games.

Editing your posts is not allowed, even to fix grammatical errors, and you must post in every day thread. Finally, I'd like to clarify on Rule 10, which is the Anti-Bullying rule. You might notice in the Veteran games that this rule doesn't exist as often, and players can and usually are very nasty sometimes. Since this is a Mafia School and you're all learning, I don't want people to bully each other. This shouldn't be as big an issue, since you've most likely never played with any of these people.

With all that said, please don't hesitate to ask questions. You can ask through PM or here in this confirmation thread. Chances are that you might have the same question as someone else, so by asking in public, you'll allow everyone to learn. There's no such thing as a stupid question, don't forget that.

I Confirm, So I'll be teaching kids "How to be Commanders?" and Answering their questions. And one final thing, Who are the students?

I Confirm, So I'll be teaching kids "How to be Commanders?" and Answering their questions. And one final thing, Who are the students?

You're all the students, none of you are the teachers.

The teacher in the picture you're likely noticing is distinctive by the epaulettes on his shoulders. The rest of you are all recruits.

You're all the students, none of you are the teachers.

Oh Ok, I'm sorry if I'm being annoying, I've never played a mafia before

Oh Ok, I'm sorry if I'm being annoying, I've never played a mafia before

Please don't think you're being annoying. The point of the Mafia School is to teach, ask as many questions as you need. Everyone has to learn sometime.

I confirm! Great to be here!

I confirm! Great to be here!

"Nice to meet you Fred Whodes. I'm Warren Thompson, and I'm taking classes for command."

"Nice to meet you Fred Whodes. I'm Warren Thompson, and I'm taking classes for command."

Nice to meet you too Warren. I'm in Engineering School, can't wait for classes to begin, I'm super excited to be here!

Hey Issac Osbourne, nice to meet you.

I just dropped in to confirm, Adam here! I'll be reading if you need me...

Confirmed!!! Anyone for Engine ears? They're like Elephant ears but greasier and not made from retired Elton Elephant figs!

Confirmed.

Hi, I'm Spillie Wencer.

I mean, Sillie Wepncer....

Willie Spencer!

Totally pumped about SPACE! And SCIENCE! And SPACE SCIENCE!

Totally pumped about SPACE! And SCIENCE! And SPACE SCIENCE!

But you're forgetting the Science of Space Science Spaces! SPATIONOLOGY!

Confirmed!!! Anyone for Engine ears? They're like Elephant ears but greasier and not made from retired Elton Elephant figs!

I see what you did there :wink:

Hello everyone, Emma Hunt reporting for my first lesson. I simply can't wait for classes and exams to start, i'm sure I can't be the only one! Did you all take every elective subject too? Or was that just me...

Oh dear...i've been so busy reading all my textbooks in advance I forgot my own name! Lane, Emma Lane...reporting for class.

Now where are those practice tests?

I confirm! Oh my lord, I am actually in space. Wow. This is super exciting!

*Greg walks over to where Adam Powers is standing* So, we're both taking medical classes! Excuse me, the name's Greg, Greg Kennedy to be precise. *shakes Adam's hand* So, which field of medicine do you plan to learn more of?

Waiting on one more player, then we can start!

I confirm! :classic:

Nice to meet you, I'm looking forward to learning about command with you.