Sign in to follow this  
Lauriator89

6103 or 6105? Which do you prefer?

Hello everyone ! I'm a lego castle maniac and I remember with nostalgia :cry_happy: the good old days when there were so many factions..forestmen , wolfpack , crusaders , black falcon , black knights , dragon masters .. :wub:

thinking back to the glorious days I love the minifigures battle pack and would like to know which one do you prefer ? the 6103 or the 6105 ?

14964737234_b1db9200d2_n.jpg

15582813971_64da121fa5_n.jpg

I love them both! :laugh:

Edited by Lauriator89

The one with 2 forestmen, 2 black falcons, a lion knight and a peasant. That one is sooo good. If one of the forestmen was a wolfpack then it'd been perfect.

For me It's obvious: 6103 because of the variety between three factions and you can at least army built decently. The farmer is a nice touch as well, medieval times didn't exsist only on knights and thieves afterall.

Edited by Orange Leader

6103, forestmen, and peasants with pitchforks!

Although, the Wolfpack designs are really cool.

They are both nice, but I definitely love the 6103 more. I had 6105 as a young child, but could only dream of having Forestmen and Black Falcons until I was older.

The minifigures are better, since it includes three factions and a peasant, though the horse in 6105 is nice. I like the Dragon Masters, but I like the Black Knights better and feel like the DM are a cheap copy of the BK faction. The sigils should have been more different.

6103, hands down. It's probably the best battlepack ever, and I got countless of hours worth of playtime from this set when I was a kid.

More figures, more variety. Those were the days when you could get six great figs for $6.

Prices for figures have exceeded inflation by quite a bit. $4 for the collectables now? Wow. Lego has also figured out the figs sell the sets. :)

Good for Lego. I'm glad such a high quality toy is found in just about every 1st world house. But 6103 makes me miss the old days just a little. :)

While I love the Wolfpack, I was never a big Dragon Knight fan... so for that, and the variety, 6103. Stag shield, "Robin Hood & Little John" (as I thought of those two particular decos of Forestmen), a couple Falcons, a heroic Crusader, and a stalwart peasant... if only every 'battle pack' were so well-designed! The peasant actually reminded me that I wish they had a minifig pack like this of just civilians for Castle, like the Town packs. A couple peasants, a merchant, a couple nobles. Even with MMV, MVR, the Kingdoms Advent, and Kingdoms Joust, we're still sorely lacking in non-warrior non-Royal-Family figures (and prints! Not every peasant needs a patched dark tan tunic!) for all our medieval builds.

In my subjective opinion 6105 is better, because you'll have something like a feudal lord and his small army (although of course I would prefer instead of one of wolfpack and one soldier in a knightly helmet, two ordinary soldiers (perhaps one villager) of course 6103 is a must have set, its great for building an army of different factions.

I would prefer 6103; I would take two minifigs over a horse any day. Especially when a peasant is involved. Even though I prefer Wolfpack over Forestmen, and I grew up with the Dragon Masters.

While I love the Wolfpack, I was never a big Dragon Knight fan... so for that, and the variety, 6103. Stag shield, "Robin Hood & Little John" (as I thought of those two particular decos of Forestmen), a couple Falcons, a heroic Crusader, and a stalwart peasant... if only every 'battle pack' were so well-designed! The peasant actually reminded me that I wish they had a minifig pack like this of just civilians for Castle, like the Town packs. A couple peasants, a merchant, a couple nobles. Even with MMV, MVR, the Kingdoms Advent, and Kingdoms Joust, we're still sorely lacking in non-warrior non-Royal-Family figures (and prints! Not every peasant needs a patched dark tan tunic!) for all our medieval builds.

Nice point of view! :wink:

IMO the best minifigures battle pack ever is: 6103 + a wolfpack + 1 horse :wub: