Sign in to follow this  
JackJonespaw

The Convention - Day 3

27533136201_83f09dc010_b.jpg

It was night again, so it was difficult to tell who was sleeping and who was dead. Actually, it wasn’t. See, when someone dies, after a few hours, their body starts to smell horribly. So based on smell alone, the members of the MAFIA were able to tell who was dead from who was sleeping. I know that I’m just typing words and taking pictures, but just pretend with me for one second.

27533134921_d2f63464b7_b.jpg

Anyway, over in the corner, sleeping like an angel, was Adone Inzerillo (Actor Builder). It seemed like someone wanted him dead, for some unknown reason, and so Mr. Shadow, as he had done the night before, approached his target. However, instead of wielding the syringe he’d had the previous night, he now had a butcher’s knife!

27533133731_0e276566c0_b.jpg

Meanwhile, over in another corner, sat the immortal Silent Samurai. His eyesight wasn’t what it used to be, mainly being reduced to grayscale colors, so he had to stay very close to Hori Yamaguchi (Tariq j) to ensure that no one touched his master. But a noise had awoken him, and he slowly opened his piercing silver eyes.

27533132261_0c0b8ede79_b.jpg

He slowly scanned across the room, seeing nothing out of the ordinary….but wait! Over by an Adone Inzerillo-y shape stood a Shadow, outlined in harsh black, a sharp contrast to the Silent Samurai’s usual grays.

26996052594_3fe73d1e1e_b.jpg

The Silent Samurai remembered how only a few hours ago, Adone had offered him a live chicken he had found, which he had then eaten. His stomach was still full from his meal. And he wanted more chicken. No one could kill his chicken source.

27572207336_8ecbfb1147_b.jpg

He stood up, grabbed his giant weapon, and lumbered over to Mr. Shadow, who was about to hack off Adone Inzerillo’s head. But before he could, The Silent Samurai swiped through him with his mace, dissipating the Shadow.

26996962393_12206af74b_b.jpg

The Silent Samurai, satisfied with his work, turned back to his master, just in time to see Mr. Shadow reappear, and hack off the old man’s head. His master’s head.

26996047384_ea4c19098a_b.jpg

It rolled to the floor, coming to a stop by the Samurai’s feet.

27606106365_e2c7e47787_b.jpg

And, seeing the head of his master, his sweet, sweet master, the Samurai decided that he was going to kill a Shadow. He, again, not having learned from his previous mistake in his fit of rage, grabbed his mace and ran at Mr. Shadow, preparing to swing.

26996043184_09f88cdba3_b.jpg

And swing he did. And again the Shadow disappeared. And in it’s place was the corpse of Nishimura Yamaguchi (MacK), head smashed to oblivion by the Silent Samurai’s mace.

26996041494_f56f19e9cc_b.jpg

The Silent Samurai decided that maybe it was time to retire, and he, too, disappeared.

26996956083_78e75d9430_b.jpg

The morning came sadly, and John McClane, now fully acceptant of his role as the Neutral Character, came out with the day’s itinerary. “All right, boys, today’s an exciting day. Looks like there was some night action, and there are some...some pretty good results.”

26996954573_61202afd95_b.jpg

He looked at the body of Frank Johnson (jluck) - “Frank here was a member of the ULTIMATIO.”

27572194296_71c1635f6c_b.jpg

He turned towards the shriveled little body of Hori Yamaguchi (Tariq j) - “Mr. Yamaguchi...was also part of the ULTIMATIO.”

27572192116_fed4aba114_b.jpg

And finally to the smashed corpse of Nishimura Yamaguchi (MacK) - “This Mr. Yamaguchi was part of the MAFIA. One of the good guys, unfortunately.”

27572190156_f72a7cfffb_b.jpg

Despite the loss of Nishimura, everyone was rather optimistic. The ULTIMATIO’s numbers were definitely thinning.

26996948473_859f16b4a6_b.jpg

Get to finding ‘em!

And let me footnote this - just because it happened in the story doesn't mean it actually happened. I.E., Hori Yamaguchi didn't kill Nishimura. Remember - no hints in the pictures.

Rules. For the Players. Not for the Host. The Host has no rules to follow.

1. Everyone gets their very own character! Hooray! Either they’re part of the MAFIA, or they’re part of the more red ULTIMATIO. There is no third party neutral, nor will there be any references to the existence of one.

2. Every day, you have the option to vote for someone. You do not have to vote, that is also an option. Do it like Vote: Character (Player). If you want to unvote, do the same thing, but say Unvote:. A two-thirds majority (which I will calculate for you) is required for a lynch.

3. Every “day” is 72 hours long. That’s 3 days. Plenty of time. You can’t vote for the first 24 hours, but as soon as the 25th hour begins, you can. After that, you get a night stage, which, hopefully, will last for a majority of 48 hours. At the beginning of each day (except Day 1, obviously), the alignment of those who died or were lynched will be revealed.

4. You must post twice at least every day. I do this to encourage activity, since inactivity has been pretty prevalent in games thus far. If you do not post at least twice, you get 4 votes against you at the beginning of the next day.

5. Don’t quote any PM’s. You can lie about them, but only if you just paraphrase it. Lying is encouraged, as it sows the seed of distrust!

6. Keep the game in the game, or in your PM’s. If some guy steps to you in game, don’t take it out on him in some thread about the new Star Wars set. We’re all people here.

7. If you die, you can’t post anymore. You’re dead. Keep it that way. Same thing with PM’s. Dead people can’t send messages.

8. If you edit a post, I will decapitate you. Or not, I’ll probably just do the 4 vote thing. If I edit a post, same punishment. No one is safe!

9. There is no BS temperature stuff or hints or any of that in the pictures. The pictures are simply pictures.

10. Let’s talk about PM’s. In the past, you can send PM’s to whomever you desire. Not so here, my friends. Now you may only send PM’s to those who share your family name (Inzerillo, Yamaguchi, Leyva, Ivankov, Johnson). I can’t really keep tabs on whether or not you’re going to be honest about this or not, but let’s just put the honor system in place.

11. This is kinda one of the guidelines when you host a Mafia - don’t make characters who are obviously Mafia-esque into the bad guys. That ruins the fun for everyone. So while certain characters may seem more or less Mafia-esque than others, remember that all alignments and roles are completely random. Remember - judge people on what they say, not who they’re playing as.

12. If you need help with stuff, or want to talk about the game freely, just talk about it with me in the role PM with me. If you need money, I suggest you seek other help.

13. If you violate the rules, I’ll get real angry. Not sure what I’ll do, but you won’t like it.

14. Have fun, if you want. Or destroy everyone in your race to survive. Your choice.

Bratva Branch

27123368466_28e6d88822_q.jpg

Name: Brother Masharin Ivankov

Nationality: Soviet Russian

Personality: The most kind-hearted out of everyone at the Convention

Extra Notes: Attempts to help others, but his low intelligence generally messes it up

La Costa Nostra Branch (Sicilian [Classic “Gangsters”)

26552006383_9965bf9296_q.jpg

Name: Amelto Inzerillo

Nationality: Italian

Personality: Cruel and cunning. The ultimate Mafioso

Extra Notes: Wears white gloves so that he doesn’t get blood on his hands. Also carries his knife around with him at all times.

27366126666_2340f68e01_q.jpg

Name: Adone Inzerillo

Personality: Stern, gruff, and intolerant of everything

Extra Notes: Leader of the “Cappelli Marrone”, a secretive intelligence-gathering branch of the La Costa Nostra.

26552006343_e0321e9386_q.jpg

Name: Casto Inzerillo

Personality: Haughty and flamboyant

Extra Notes: The son of Amelto, under training, and excessive about almost every aspect of his life.

Mexican Branch (Mexico [Militarized Outfits])

27123368586_ac38f6ca3a_q.jpg

Name: Godalupe Leyva

Nationality: Mexican

Personality: Intense and furious for some unknown reason

Extra Notes: Extraordinarily pale skin, most likely due to some kind of accident, not a birth defect

27061342792_139e78e298_q.jpg

Name: Alarico Leyva

Nationality: Mexican

Personality: Proud of his killing skill, which is pitious

Extra Notes: Permanently dyes one of his arms red when he kills someone. Currently has one red arm.

Hell’s Angels (America [bikers])

27061342502_850d4bbc89_q.jpg

Name: Michael Johnson, Sr.

Nationality: American

Personality: Haughty and Rude

Extra Notes: Michael is proud to be an American. And, luckily, he belongs to an organization who completely supports him on this.

Dead

27061342342_19e76f2e40_q.jpg

Name: Brother Yakovlev Ivankov

Nationality: Soviet Russian

Personality: Quite the quiet man, but is quite passionate about the more...sadistic things in life

Alignment: MAFIA

26552006283_1f6cea7691_q.jpg

Name: Frank Johnson

Nationality: American

Personality: Slightly wild, but kind

Alignment: ULTIMATIO

27123368386_d35f51ab81_q.jpg

Name: Nishimura Yamaguchi

Nationality: Japanese

Role in Yakuza: 組長 (Family Head)

Personality: Fierce, Cruel, and Quiet

Alignment: MAFIA

27123368536_9588fd3ceb_q.jpg

Name: Hori Yamaguchi/サイレントサムライ

Nationality: Japanese/Unknown

Role in Yakuza: 新議員 (Law Advisor)

Personality: Diabolically Friendly/Completely Still and Silent

Alignment: ULTIMATIO

Ha! I was right about jluck!

Anyways, I tried to investigate the now deceased MacK last night and was unsuccessful. I figure the scum blocked me, figuring I would be protected.

Interestingly enough it seems like there are two killing roles in play. Reviewing Tariq's posts from yesterday may help us find another Ultimatio.

Umbra, whom did you track last night and who did they target?

So, who's left? 7 of us.

Myself and Umbra-Manis are confirmed town. That leaves MT, Actor Builder, Forresto, Rider Raider, and KH. One of them is scum. But which one?

Let me propose a hypothesis.

The Ultimatio had three team members- a tracker, a blocker, and a killer. My results from the first night confirm they had a tracker, and somebody blocked me last night, most likely a scummo. Frank, their tracker, is dead. Tariq was one of the two, but it doesn't matter which. If the blocker died, they would be left the killer. If the killer died the killing action should replace the blocking action. All three had a role, so all three would have targeted someone night 1. Umbra tracked KH, and he did nothing, so he's most likely town. That leaves 4. Who is the last scum?

Only seven left, two of which are confirmed town. Two of the five left are roleblockers. Who are they? Me (Town Roleblocker) and whoever blocked our rolecop (Scum). Yeah, I'm claiming Roleblocker. Last night I didn't block Michael, that was the scum. If the common theory that there are 3 scum is correct, the remaining one is the other roleblocker. That leaves Godalupe and Alarico Leyva, as well as the other two Inzerillos. Neither of the Leyvas have contributed anything of worth, but we Inzerillos are the most so there is likely a scum in us. I claimed to them on day one, and by Adone's reactions ("What does a roleblocker do? I only know of my own role's abilities," and, "I won't claim publicly either,"), He's probably a town PR by this, leaving Amelto and the Leyvas. I blocked Alarico last night, and nothing was stopped, so he's probably VT. Amelto and Godalupe are left. One of them is probably scum.

And, Michael Ninjad me. The last scum is Amelto.

Umbra, whom did you track last night and who did they target?

I tracked Tariq last night and he targeted you, which I guess made him the blocker who stopped you.

Only seven left, two of which are confirmed town. Two of the five left are roleblockers. Who are they? Me (Town Roleblocker) and whoever blocked our rolecop (Scum). Yeah, I'm claiming Roleblocker. Last night I didn't block Michael, that was the scum. If the common theory that there are 3 scum is correct, the remaining one is the other roleblocker. That leaves Godalupe and Alarico Leyva, as well as the other two Inzerillos. Neither of the Leyvas have contributed anything of worth, but we Inzerillos are the most so there is likely a scum in us. I claimed to them on day one, and by Adone's reactions ("What does a roleblocker do? I only know of my own role's abilities," and, "I won't claim publicly either,"), He's probably a town PR by this, leaving Amelto and the Leyvas. I blocked Alarico last night, and nothing was stopped, so he's probably VT. Amelto and Godalupe are left. One of them is probably scum.

Then who did you block?

Wait, something doesn't add up here.

Here's who is left:

Medium -Rolecop

Umbra -Tracker

Actor -? (vigilante?)

KH -? (Tracked, did nothing night 1) Probably VT

MT -?

Rider Raider - Blocker

Forresto -? (Did nothing last night, blocked) Probably VT

So it's either AB or MT. Judging by the PM paraphrases Rider posted, it seems Actor may be some sort of limited vigilante and MT the last scum.

I feel fairly confident in voting off MT today. Thoughts?

I'll put together a spreadsheet later tonight, but I don't see any other way all the night actions fir together. There's always a possibility Rider is the last scum and pulling a desperate gambit, but I think a fake roleblocker claim would fall apart fairly quickly.

*fit

Great news! So glad Frank and Hori are dead, those scum. Shame we lost Nishimura. Looking at all the post made I think we can narrow it down to Amelto and Adone. I'm interested in what both of them have to say today.

It has already been speculated by Michael, but I shall confirm:

I am the Vigilante, although I'm not limited as Michael had suggested, I don't believe; I wasn't given any weird limitations.

I stayed home on Night 1, because I had no idea who could be Scum.

Last Night, I killed Tariq J, an Ultimatio. I'm quite happy to see I have a 100% Vigilante Accuracy rate. Truth be told, I also was very curious as to whether or not the poor fool was immortal. I see now he was not.

Updated role table:

Medium -Rolecop

Umbra -Tracker

Actor -Vigilante

MT -?

Rider Raider - Blocker

The Ultimatio had three team members- a tracker, a blocker, and a killer. My results from the first night confirm they had a tracker, and somebody blocked me last night, most likely a scummo. Frank, their tracker, is dead. Tariq was one of the two, but it doesn't matter which. If the blocker died, they would be left the killer. If the killer died the killing action should replace the blocking action. All three had a role, so all three would have targeted someone night 1. Umbra tracked KH, and he did nothing, so he's most likely town. That leaves 4. Who is the last scum?

I think you're correct in this analysis.

Your logic is faulty here. Just because our family has the most left doesn't mean there's a scum in there. The fact that loyal mafias from other families have been killed off doesn't mean the remaining members of that family are loyal.

Not going to bother quoting the other posts, but I think there's a bunch of "almost" correct analysis going on. But with ONE big flaw. You're assuming that what the other two Inzerillos said is correct. And they're not. I am the vig. Adone is the scum killer. I stayed home night one since everything was unsure, and then I killed an Ultimatio last night after his defense of his buddy yesterday.

I will verify that what Casto said about Adone's private comments is correct - but they don't mean Adone has a loyal PR - it means he was fishing because he's an Ultimatio with a night action for them.

I think we've got all the role pretty figured out, but there's no way to prove who's telling the truth between Adone and myself other than the lynch. So the game is over in 2 days max - lynch Adone tonight, and if I'm lying and he flips loyal, lynch me tomorrow. But if you do as I suggest it'll be over tonight with his lynch, because he's the scum.

So here, let me update that role table for you:

Medium -Rolecop

Umbra -Tracker

Actor - Ultimatio killer

MT - vig

Rider Raider - Blocker

I would have claimed to medium yesterday after we got the solid lynch case finally, but we can't PM outside the family. And I seriously thought about going ahead and claiming publicly to prevent exactly this situation, but I assumed I'd get killed last night if I had.

My vote will still be on Amelto. If we get it wrong, but I doubt we will, we know who to lynch.

Thank you. But I believe I have a better idea. The game is over in two days max, unless there are more scums that we don't know of.

I know that I'm Town, and will win the game whether I'm alive or not due to the probable course of events.

So,

Option A: Lynch the Vigilante, and the Scum gets a free kill before he's lynched the next day. 2 Town dead.

Option B: Lynch the Scum, and the game is over. 0 Town dead.

Clearly, option B is the right answer, but seeing as it's a 50/50 chance that either of us is telling the truth, I suggest this:

Option C: No lynch today, and let the two killers do their thing. Man vs Man, Adone vs Amelto, Vigilante vs Scum.

The Vigilante will kill the Scum, no doubt. The Scum will either kill the Vigilante or somebody else. 1 Town dead.

If we do this and everyone else refrains from night actions, we'll know who was right, minimize our losses, and we don't form an angry mob. And, either I or Amelto gets to be a martyred hero. Win-Win-Win

I hope we can all see the sense in this. I don't want unnecessary killings or lynchings, and this seems to be the best option for the Town I love.

So, what, you and I just kill each other tonight and end the game that way? Here's the flaw with all of your options, and support for my position that you're Ultimatio. You apparently know that there's only 1 scum left. I'm not sure of that fact. This game, for one so small, had a LOT of PRs going on. Combine that with the 2/3 vote rule, and it seems like John McClane expects us to learn a lot from night actions and be very sure every time we lynch. That may imply there's a higher number of scummos to find, since we have so many tools to hunt them with. The restricted PMs also forced info to be more public instead of the usual private town block, so again, that supports this game being knowledge based. Heck, perhaps there's an Ultimatio in every family - then there'd be 5 of you!

So I don't think that your suggestions are to "save the townfolk" like you claim. There's no reason to do that - we win no matter how many are left. I think your motivation is to make sure that we don't lynch you and then I still get to kill someone else tonight, because you know the game won't be over. You're caught, know it, and so you're flailing like your friend Mr. Johnson did.

(I see one flaw in my thinking there - I don't honestly think there's an Ultimatio in every family. That would require Masharin to be an Ultimatio, and we can be sure he's legit since he counter-claimed against Frank to seal his lynch. But there could easily still be a scum left after Adone, and they're trying to hide that from us)

Okay so I cant say I understand how we got a second Ultimato last night but that is amazing we got two! Considering the game is still going I imagine there must be one final remaining ultimato?

This is where things get tricky. Just as the final two snails in my snail fights, they are cornered and will attack with the ferocity and agility of an angered snail!

I did not act last night as I do not have a night action unfortunately. Saying that does however put somewhat of a target on my back.

So, what, you and I just kill each other tonight and end the game that way?

Precisely.

Here's the flaw with all of your options, and support for my position that you're Ultimatio. You apparently know that there's only 1 scum left. I'm not sure of that fact.

Well, I based that idea off of the general consensus we've had from day 1, and the fact that your last post comes to the same logical conclusion:

but there's no way to prove who's telling the truth between Adone and myself other than the lynch. So the game is over in 2 days max - lynch Adone tonight, and if I'm lying and he flips loyal, lynch me tomorrow.

My plan cuts out the lynch, and cuts out the potential for error. The Vigilante, you or I, will kill the Scum, you or I, and the Scum will most likely reciprocate.

That makes one Town dead, before the game is over, as you and I both have claimed it would be, though we could both be wrong/lying about the number of Ultimatio.

It cuts out the middle man, so to speak. Plus, it could give our host some great inspiration for an epic battle between the Brothers as a fantastic climax before the falling action and denouement.

This idea is in favor of the Town, based off what has been determined already: 2 days max. I simply intend to make it 1 day max, at the potential (probable, in fact) loss of my own life. If I'm going to die, I want to be a martyr for a worthy cause. I would think you'd want the same for yourself.

Well, we've got counterclaiming vigs. Looks like we've narrowed down the remaining Ultimatio to one of those two.

I honestly don't think it matters who we lynch today, town winning is almost a mathematical certainty, provided there are no other weird roles/game mchanics in play th at we don't know about.

If we're wrong today we just lynch the other one tomorrow, game over.

For the record, I'm inclined to believe MT is the real big, as staying home Night 1 is something a more experienced player would do. Yeah, noobs can be smart too, but it isn't as likely. No offense AB. :wink:

His plan to no-lynch and have the vig and scum kill each other tonight seems like a desperate ploy to buy extra time and stave off the endgame. And, if the scum do have some sort of weird game mechanic on their side, one more night stage may be all they need to tip the balance.

His plan to no-lynch and have the vig and scum kill each other tonight seems like a desperate ploy to buy extra time and stave off the endgame. And, if the scum do have some sort of weird game mechanic on their side, one more night stage may be all they need to tip the balance.

what kind of game mechanic might cause that, if we are down to the last scum? I'm not arguing with you, because after all, noobs aren't likely to be smart :wink: , but I'm actually just curious.

what kind of game mechanic might cause that, if we are down to the last scum? I'm not arguing with you, because after all, noobs aren't likely to be smart :wink: , but I'm actually just curious.

Maybe a recruit action or something. I don't know, and that's what worries me.

Don't worry about the noob thing, we've all been there. I did some pretty dumb stuff in my first few games. :laugh:

Maybe a recruit action or something. I don't know, and that's what worries me.

Don't worry about the noob thing, we've all been there. I did some pretty dumb stuff in my first few games. :laugh:

Oh, I didn't think of that. Thank you for edifying me. I guess any new idea is potentially worrisome. I thought it might be fun to introduce a new tactic, but I didn't think about all the unknown variables involved that might prevent it from being viable.

And no, I won't worry about the noob thing.

Discussion has kind of died in here. This definitely seems like that, except for the fact that AB's posts are always some what on the unusual side. And the threat of a recruit action does scare me, as well as MT being very experienced at deception. I'm gonna sleep on it.

What say you Adone Inzerillo? What say you Amelto Inzerillo?

(sorry I am still touring around with my British Friends. I don't wish to vote until i've read what's already been posted)

I say...

Vote: Adone Inzerillo (Actor Builder)

Beyond that, what can I say that I haven't already said? If there's a no lynch today, I absolutely will kill Adone tonight and that (hopefully) would be the end of the game. I expect he will do the same to me.

Ok, fine, I'll talk some more. I like to hear myself, and I like to think out loud so you can help catch any logic errors I might make...

The risk here is that if you lynch me, the vig, we the town would have ONLY the lynch going forward to take out the remaining Ultimatios, however many that is. We have 7 people left. Assume worst case here and you lynch me, then Adone kills another one tonight. That would leave 5 people tomorrow. At least one is Ultimatio, and 4 are required for a lynch. IF there's more than one Ultimatio, WE CANNOT WIN THEN!!!! They could simply prevent the lynch each day and kill one of us every night. So it is critical that we don't lynch me today. A no lynch is not much better than lynching me. IF there's more than one Ultimatio left, the kill would pass to them and we'd be in a very risky spot with 5 players and no vig left. The remaining players would HAVE TO deduce the identity correctly because they'd have to be unanimous in the voting to achieve a lynch.

So hopefully I've earned enough trust in this adventure for you to join me in lynching Adone so we can rid ourselves of the Ultimatio menace.