Sign in to follow this  
Catarino

[MOC] Thealdran Repair Freighter (SHIPTember)

Hello there! Here I am to present you the Thealdran! :classic:

21658207029_e0056219fd_b.jpg

"The Thealdran is a Repair Freighter for military purposes. On large scale battles where back up might be delayed or shut down completely via hiperspace jump inhibitors, the outcome of a battle lies on a fleet capacity to repair the damaged allied ships. Given the modularity of the building structures of militar warfare, increasingly implemented in the last 8 decades, sometimes all it takes to a ship to be back at battle is the replacement of the drive module since enemies will mostly be looking for moving targets. The Thealdran is equipped with 10 pusher-ships which can, given the opportunity, tow back to the rear lines of battle, ships as big as destroyer class ones. The hangar is big enough to accommodate inside repairs of smaller ships, or ship out modules for larger scale repairs outside. Most of the cargo space of the Thealdran is therefore stacked with modules and repair materials.

Given its size (427m in length) the required working crew is rather small (135) which is mainly comprised of repair bots overseers.

It isn’t equipped with any weapons and relies on the fleet defense structures to whithstand the battle.

The hull thickness makes it a flying fortress only vulnerable trough the hangar.

Because of its structural particularities it’s been used to ram against enemy ships with a great degree of success in the battle of the Quadron Realms in 1410CET by the hands of Military Strategist P. E. Fieschi."

-----------------------------

My first SHIP ever! Or at least, as an AFOL because I'm sure I did a lot of rainbow SHIP's when I was a kid :classic:

A week ago I was lost at this point ----> WIP03

And Pierre E. Fieschi one of my favorite microscale builders commented on it saying it was looking good!

I answered back asking him if he could sketch the other half of the SHIP since I was so lost and I knew he is a great sketcher... :laugh:

And he kindly did this! *huh*

21519383169_920bb4ce32.jpg

(Pierre if you're watching this, you're the man! :))

I was amazed, the goal was set really high, and I had the "project" I needed to reach the SHIPTember goal.

It was a great experience from which I learned a lot. I'm quite happy with the result and believe that with more time I could have improved some details. But for now, I think its acceptable!

Hope you guys like this as well, cheers! :)

21660164469_72cf9e9c7f_b.jpg

21659185608_eb3655075c_b.jpg

21820904156_2c8a93391e_b.jpg

21835155582_6c8953dc6e_b.jpg

21847580755_c29f8a832a_b.jpg

You can check my photostream at Flickr

The hull thickness makes it a flying fortress only vulnerable trough the hangar.

Because of its structural particularities it’s been used to ram against enemy ships ...

Certainly looks solid enough. Great job on this. Probably my favorite SHIP design this year.

Great realization ...I love the picture with the main bridge! :wub:

It is one of my favorite too! A lot of small details of the SHIP in a single picture! :)

Thanks everyone! :) More to come next year hopefully :)

I like how the cut-away section carries through all the way back, and incorperates the repair bay opening. This is a cool SHIP. :thumbup:

"acceptable"? Wrong a-word, you must mean, "awesome". The realization of the sketch is on-the-money, looks terrific!

The only thing I'd request to see is some small ships or cargo or activity in the docking bay to give it some life. The scale of the conning tower/overlook assembly makes the ship feel BIG, but a hangar with something in it would suggest busy activity, which suggest the support infrastructure, housing, repair workshops, diagnostic labs, etc. which would mean the ship is really BIG.