Good luck with it. You know they are releasing their own version. You might want to look at that before you build yours, just for pieces needed and/or scale.

I had considered building my own Modular scale version, I still might. But once news of an official version I gave up. Seems silly to produce my own version of something LEGO already is making.

Im pretty sure it won't be far from it, if it is over 4000 pieces. Good luck with yours though, that is quite a nice little sneak tease =D

The "official" version will be minifigure "illusion" scale, as are most LEGO buildings. I.e. believably big enough for minifigures to use, but not actually to scale, in which case it would probably take 8 times as many bricks.

This is looking good. I'm not a huge fan of the movie, so I can't really say anything for accuracy, but I assume you're doing well with that, considering the scale.

My only criticism is the lettering on the base. I think at the size the letters are, they could be made less blocky. Perhaps you like the blockiness, but I would recommend trying to make the letters smoother before you attach the HQ to the base. It would be a shame to have to take it apart to fix the lettering, if you decide to do so later on.

Good work!

@Actor Builder

The reason for blocky letters is, that this are milky white bricks and there are only 2x4 and 2x6 bricks. The letters are translucent and will be illuminated.

Aha ... Now thats a very good reason for them being so blocky. Now i get it.

Thats gonna be very Ghostbuster stylish.

You know now my anticipation has just risen to a whole other level ! :laugh:

This has all the opportunities to be awesome to say the least :classic:

Edited by KlodsBrik

So considerably larger than the official set coming out.

Very impressive. You've done some good work so far. You have more tiles on the floor than almost the entire official set!

And I rather like the blocky letters, independent of illumination or not.

Keep up the good work. I will definitely check back for updates.

I didn't think there were rooms next to the garage door. But then I realized I confused the real firehouse in New York City (which I visited twice), used for outdoor shots only, with the firehouse in California that was used for the interior shots.

Great build, looking good so far! Will the be a cellar with containment unit in the base?

Edited by 6ix