Sign in to follow this  
Black Sparrow

Pirates Of The Carribean Lego

Do you think they will come out with Pirates Of The Carribean Legos?

I Sure hope they do and I would really be happy if they did.

So do you think they will?

Thanks!

~Black Sparrow Was Here~

Man! MegaBlocks Is Stupid.....

Hey Maybe I Can Work Really Hard A Make A Bunch Of Pirates Of The Carribean MOCS!

MOC's are allways a good idea. Maybe a MOC of The Black Pearl and a Harbor getting attacked. Im sure Mr. Phes would love such MOC's.

Mr. Phes?

Mister Phes is an Admin here, and a very, VERY big fan of pirates. I'm sure you'll run into him soon. ;-)

Going slightly off-topic

The plural of LEGO is still LEGO. There's no such thing as "legos". ;-)

KimT

A little piece of me has just died inside.

:'-(

Man! MegaBlocks Is Stupid.....

Hey Maybe I Can Work Really Hard A Make A Bunch Of Pirates Of The Carribean MOCS!

MOC's are allways a good idea. Maybe a MOC of The Black Pearl and a Harbor getting attacked. Im sure Mr. Phes would love such MOC's.

I can't go to S@H and buy a pirate MOC though :(

And pirate pieces are getting more and more expensive on bricklink, due to them having not made any in 10 years

:(

This is sad news. Not that LEGO should make more licensed themes, but the fact that Pirates of the Carribean is and will be popular for a couple more years, and MB has the license..... Well, it's just wrong.

LEGO's Pirate line was very good and this would have been an opportunity to bring it back. On the upside LEGO could still make their own Pirate theme, say releasing next spring, that, although not being PotC, could be superior for set design, versatilty of parts, and the ever cool minifigs.

Given what TLC has done this last year or so, by way of more parts, better designs and prices, there is hope.....

I little Peice Of Me Died to mati'

Me too, though smaller (insidious traitorous collector alert!).

Please do not use a capital letter in every word, please.

PotC would probably turned into hideous Jack Stone or in the wierdest case, Duplo. Lego sure dont like minifig pirates these days.

Going slightly off-topic

The plural of LEGO is still LEGO. There's no such thing as "legos". ;-)

KimT

And topic title edited X-D ;-)

Pirate on !!

*yoda*

My little piece of heart died many a moons ago. When I first found out that MEGABLOCKS got POTC, and that LEGO was hopeless in terms of making new pirate sets. E-Bay on! MOC on!

I little Peice Of Me Died to mati'

Me too, though smaller (insidious traitorous collector alert!).

Please do not use a capital letter in every word, please.

PotC would probably turned into hideous Jack Stone or in the wierdest case, Duplo. Lego sure dont like minifig pirates these days.

Sorry Bad Habit :p Ill Try Not To Any More.

Well maybe we can make really good MOCS!

I need a lego head of a guy with a squid beard (For Davy Jones)

So if anybody's got a link to were I could get one, please post!

What Lego should do now is release a new System Pirates which couldn't be confused with POTC in any way, as this title is reserved to MegaBloks. So there shouldn't be one main minifig character (or a few characters) with a name, nor should there be a story behind the sets, just the sets alone like they did with the original Pirates. I wouldn't like it if Lego made new Pirate sets which would look something like "alternative POTC", in other words - something inspired by POTC but looking different as they don't have the license.

So no POTC rip-offs, just new, distinct Pirates.

We're just forcing Lego to make more crap sets, by buying them! Even if a set is crap, we still buy them for parts or whatever. This makes Lego with that we like the sets, so they continue to make the crap ones, and over time even make them crappier to see if they can get away with it. Whats bad, is, that they are getting away with it! We should tell Lego what to do, WE should be the ones to give critisism. We should buy the sets that we think could help Lego when they realise that they could improve upon it.

Its amazing how if one of us were a member of TLC, we could improve so much upon their products.

-Cyclonis

Mr. Phes?

Did someone call? Well write... Post... Whatever you're doing!

This is sad news. Not that LEGO should make more licensed themes, but the fact that Pirates of the Carribean is and will be popular for a couple more years, and MB has the license..... Well, it's just wrong.

LEGO's Pirate line was very good and this would have been an opportunity to bring it back. On the upside LEGO could still make their own Pirate theme, say releasing next spring, that, although not being PotC, could be superior for set design, versatilty of parts, and the ever cool minifigs.

Given what TLC has done this last year or so, by way of more parts, better designs and prices, there is hope.....

I agree, The LEGO Company should not licence anymore themes. Having a SYSTEM Pirate theme based on the Pirates of the Caribbean movies wouldn't be my ideal basis for such a theme anyway. The sets would mostly be vignettes from various locations in the movies and the ships would be based on the ships in the movie. But the problem is when translated into LEGO they might not work so well, in comparission to creating whole new Pirate sets with an artistic licence thats not limited to what happens in the movies.

What Lego should do now is release a new System Pirates which couldn't be confused with POTC in any way, as this title is reserved to MegaBloks. So there shouldn't be one main minifig character (or a few characters) with a name, nor should there be a story behind the sets, just the sets alone like they did with the original Pirates. I wouldn't like it if Lego made new Pirate sets which would look something like "alternative POTC", in other words - something inspired by POTC but looking different as they don't have the license.

So no POTC rip-offs, just new, distinct Pirates.

Agreed Mr Dreamweb!

Well, actually I was wrong - there was a story behind the original Pirates - the comic book! But the rest of my post stands - they simply shoudn't try to make fake POTC.

I agree that it would've been a great license to revive the Pirates theme. Then again. the old pirates did just fine without a license, so I hope Lego brings them back. Then again, my wallet doesn't want Lego to bring them back ;-)

Then again, my wallet doesn't want Lego to bring them back ;-)

Then we must destroy your wallet.lol. I hope that we aleast get some good sets from Megablocks.

Well, actually I was wrong - there was a story behind the original Pirates - the comic book! But the rest of my post stands - they simply shoudn't try to make fake POTC.

Couldnt agree with you more! We dont need POTC we just need LEGO to ge there old designers and not be scared to use a few more bricks and give out a few MF's.

I agree that it would've been a great license to revive the Pirates theme. Then again. the old pirates did just fine without a license, so I hope Lego brings them back. Then again, my wallet doesn't want Lego to bring them back ;-)

Well My wallet sure wouldnt mind!

Then again, my wallet doesn't want Lego to bring them back ;-)

Then we must destroy your wallet.lol. I hope that we aleast get some good sets from Megablocks.

Good MEGABLOCKS sets? Ohh come on, the ship is two pieces. And it looks bad. Please... We will NEVER see good MEGABLOCKS sets.

yea I guess your right.

License bidding is a very competitive process. Lego is known to be expensive. With their high cost structure it is unlikely for Lego to win any bidding war. Star wars was an exception because Lucas was a big fan of Lego. He practically give it to them. Lego has not won any license in a long, long time.

A pirate theme can sell well mainly because of the many colonies that settled in the Caribbean. But Lego doesn't want to promote racial or other form of discrimination so they have to overcome their own philosophical barrier before the theme can become popular. Just think about it. You can make the Dutch, Spanish, British armada as well as the local mercenary ships and create a rich history/story line. But then having such well-defined nationality (Dutch, Spanish, British) may just be too controversial for Lego to handle.

there's also a wide variety of builds possible. so far all we have seen are ships. what about forts and garrisons guarding the ports?