Modulex Guy

MOC: Japanese restaurant.

I bring to you my latest MOC for my latest project I will be building.

It is a Japanese restaurant like those you would see in Japan.

My project I will be building is a large city block of Japanese style buildings.

Here is the first of many buildings that I will build: ON WITH THE PICS!

The Front:

P1060045.jpg

P1060046.jpg

A pic of the roof:

P1060047.jpg

Close up of the detail of the roof: (yes, it is all made up of 1x1 bricks!)

P1060054.jpg

The front entrance:

P1060053.jpg

Going in!

P1060055.jpg

The Module sections all opened up:

P1060057.jpg

A basic interior, the cooks are busy frying fish and cutting up fish:

P1060048.jpg

Chefs busy cutting:

P1060059.jpg

The LED setup: (string of ten LED lights powered by 2AA Batteries)

P1060058.jpg

Hard to see, but this shows a bit of the lights inside:

P1060052.jpg

BETTER PICS OF THE LIGHTS: (again the camera makes them less bright than they are.)

P1060060.jpg

P1060061.jpg

Hope you like my building! More to come as I build more sections!

Comments welcome! :thumbup:

Edited by Polish Guy

That roof technique is really inventive, but I also like your sign and the ground floor interior. Nice work.

Great! Love the work on the entrance sign, and of course that wonderful roof technique :thumbup: The lights inside are also nice, not really bright but cool :wink:

Great! Love the work on the entrance sign, and of course that wonderful roof technique :thumbup: The lights inside are also nice, not really bright but cool :wink:

Thanks!

The lights are actually quite bright, but the problem is my camera cannot take a decent pic for some reason when its dark.

I'll try to see if I can get a better shot of the lights on. :thumbup:

Very nice creation Polish Guy!

Although that sushi is not my cup of tea ( :sick: ), I really like your MOC!

The roof structure is very innovative and clever. :thumbup:

Btw, you can use a ninja sword instead of knives for the cook for a more "Kill Bill" approach! :wink:

Modo Arigato PolishGuy-san!

EDIT:

Just saw the newer pictures. The second one from the interior lokks fantastic with the lighting! :thumbup:

Edited by Zorbas

Here are two better pics to show the lights, I have also added them to the main post.

And the camera still makes them not as bright as they are in person. :sceptic:

P1060060.jpg

P1060061.jpg

Thanks!

The lights are actually quite bright, but the problem is my camera cannot take a decent pic for some reason when its dark.

I'll try to see if I can get a better shot of the lights on. :thumbup:

Wow, now I must say GREAT work with the lights! :wink:

Great MOC! I love all the little details like the curtain and the chopsticks on the sign. :thumbup: I like to roof, but it seems a bit unstable. :sceptic:

Great MOC! I love all the little details like the curtain and the chopsticks on the sign. :thumbup: I like to roof, but it seems a bit unstable. :sceptic:

The roof is actually very stable, the pressure of the 1x1s on the alternating angles actually hold the roof together quite well. I thought it would be unstable as well but it works great!

The roof is actually very stable, the pressure of the 1x1s on the alternating angles actually hold the roof together quite well. I thought it would be unstable as well but it works great!

Oh, okay, I see. But how did you build it? Did you build it by column, or row? (I hope you understand)

I built it in rows, one row facing one way, the next row the other, and repeat. :classic:

It was a bit of a zig-zag method to build the roof.

I really love the way you did this roof,

and indeed, some ligtning you did there!

It makes me think of taking moccing to a next

level, the one of doing interior roof and ceiling

as well.... hmmm........

AWESOME MOC ! :laugh::sweet:

Ditto Ditto on the roof construction, love it I do - so simple and yet dam well effective !

Interior lighting :thumbup: perfect downlights (thanks for the idea - I think a lot people might copy it) :grin:

Tech question (some people may not understand) are the LEDs all in series or combo of series-parallel and what value current limitting resistor is being used - I know that I would be able to design my own system, but I would like to know what you used ? (sorry, for the long question) :wink:

Back on track, love the dinning/kitchen area - a true hive of activity - a typical night in that restaurant I guess. :sweet:

The frontage too excelent - sign very well detailed you can tell from one look what restaurant it is. :sweet:

'Polish Guy' keep up the great work. :thumbup::classic:

A Japanese restaurant from a polish guy from Chicago. Could it be more international? :wink:

It is a very nice moc with a lovely architecture and interior. :thumbup::classic:

The lightning is very nice and remind me of the eighties set to light up your lego buildings.

AWESOME MOC ! :laugh::sweet:

Ditto Ditto on the roof construction, love it I do - so simple and yet dam well effective !

Interior lighting :thumbup: perfect downlights (thanks for the idea - I think a lot people might copy it) :grin:

Tech question (some people may not understand) are the LEDs all in series or combo of series-parallel and what value current limitting resistor is being used - I know that I would be able to design my own system, but I would like to know what you used ? (sorry, for the long question) :wink:

Back on track, love the dinning/kitchen area - a true hive of activity - a typical night in that restaurant I guess. :sweet:

The frontage too excelent - sign very well detailed you can tell from one look what restaurant it is. :sweet:

'Polish Guy' keep up the great work. :thumbup::classic:

Well to answer your question about lighting I have no idea how it's wired. I found a bunch of sets of these at a local party supply store as "wedding decorative lights" they were like 2$ to 3$ each.

And glad that everyone likes My MOC, Thanks!

...I'm also in the process of building another shop... I might finish by tomorrow evening. :oh:

Clever idea for the roof and the lights. :thumbup:

Just 30 minutes ago i was installing lights similar to the ones you are using and i used the technic plate in the same fashion! :classic:

I'm wondering if you can add one layer of plates at the end of the roof to make them more sturdy.

that is one of the problems to this roof, you cannot put plates on the ends! there is a slight bend to the entire roof that is like 1/8 of a stud off, but surprisingly its a very sturdy roof, I've been moving it about the house and on my work table all day without a single problem.

Very nice restaurant you created!

Like many others said good work with the roof, very creativly design for sure.

I just love the colours to the whole restaurant. Then all the really great details.

Looking forward to see what more you will build next to this one.

The roof is really nice, as everyone's mentioned. For the doorway, is that meant to be a curtain? It reminds me of one. If so, great job!

The roof is really nice, as everyone's mentioned. For the doorway, is that meant to be a curtain? It reminds me of one. If so, great job!

Yup, It is a curtain! :thumbup:

Ant thanks again to everyone who likes my restaurant. :thumbup: