Siegfried

Eurobricks Advent Calendar 2008

2008_12_18_113421.jpg

'tis the season for... free LEGO! The Eurobricks Advent Calendar 2008 is up now and you could be a winner! Every day three winners will be revealed; the daily main prize will shown on the calender itself, and on the list below will be the names of who won a key ring prize and another who wins a 6966 Mini Jedi Starfighter. (This is the follow up to the Mystery Raffle. If you entered in that then you're in.)

Rules

1. All winners (and just the winners) need to PM Sinner (that's me) your name and address ASAP. You should send your real name (or at least part of it) as well for correct addressing. We can't send letters to "BigBlocks69"...
  2. Send a PM if you don't want the prize (for whatever reason) and we'll pick someone else.
  3. There are a lot of prizes... and thus it's possible that a mistake might be made. Please don't throw M%g^ Bl*ks at us if we can't send exactly what we want.
  4. You are allowed to do swaps with any other prize winners on any given day. The winners need to arrange this with each other via PM and then both of you need to tell me via PM ASAP. Other swaps are also allowed... but do note that if the prize holder (no names, but I hold none of the prizes) has been given the address then it's too late. Don't ask for any help in arranging one.

FAQ

1. 24 x 3 prizes in total. (72)
  2. People can win one prize only.
  3. People with complying avatars can win the main prizes, others can only win the sub prizes. (See, I wasn't just being mean! People need an avatar or othewise the calender wouldn't work....) To try to reduce the endless questions, a complying avatar is under 400x400. 100x100 is preferred, but smaller ones are acceptable as well.
  4. The picture is just a backdrop for the calender, made from my own pieces. It's not being given away. :tongue:
  5. Only send me your address if you're a winner. I don't want 4000 PMs with addresses....
  6. While some prizes are better than others, there is no grand prize.
  7. The Jedi fighters are to be sent in one batch next year, the others are sent a few days after the addresses are received.

Prizes (so far...)

1237-1.jpg 1237

3703-1.gif 3703

4778-1.jpg 4788

6966-1.jpg 6966

2928-1.jpg 2928

2230-1.jpg 2230

7268-1.jpg 7268

7989.jpg 7989

6033-1.jpg 6033

P3106.jpg P3106

7736-1.jpg 7736

cave_man_torso.jpg BrickZone Indy torsos

7251-1.jpg 7251

7214-1.jpg 7214

5621-1.jpg 5621

elf_princess_torso.jpg BrickZone princess torsos and skirts

7770-1.jpg 7770 Deep Sea Treasure Hunter

gen023.gif Anniversary Minifig

3707-1.jpg 3707 Clover Cow

elf_torso.jpg BrickZone castle torsos

tn_el502-1_jpg.jpg Ice Cube Tray

4850-1.jpg 4850 Spiderman's First Chase

Good luck everyone!

(Don't thank me for the prizes; I'm just organising this. :wink: )

Edited by Siegfried
Url update

So you guys are gunna pick a random User on EB and give them a pize :pir-cry_happy: ! and no sign up or is there?

cool raffle idea though!

Edited by Bounty Hunter

Now this is what I call a cool raffle! :pir_laugh2: Awesome idea, and thanks for running this Sinner. :thumbup:

Bounty Hunter, it is my impression that this is the Mystery Raffle that Sinner had people signing up for last week. :wink:

Now the EB staff has really outdone itself! As Draggy said- does this have anything to do with the Mystery Raffle?

Now this is what I call a cool raffle! :pir_laugh2: Awesome idea, and thanks for running this Sinner. :thumbup:

Bounty Hunter, it is my impression that this is the Mystery Raffle that Sinner had people signing up for last week. :wink:

Definatly cool! :pir_laugh2:

Congrats Matteo Kenobi :thumbup:

I thought so too... :pir-look:

Edited by Darth_Legois

What a great idea!

Good to see your Green Grocer deboxed and put to good use, Sinner! :pir-tongue:

Oh wow thats awesome! But are the prizes going to be handed out to people who have more posts and are well known or just anyone?

But are the prizes going to be handed out to people who have more posts and are well known or just anyone?

The selection process is random. It's not based on the criteria of having more posts or being well known. Everyone of you have an equal chance, as long you have signed up for the earlier raffle which was conducted by Sinner. More importantly, you must also comply with the site guidelines on your avatar.

My I ask for a list of prizes?

Since this is an Eurobricks Advent Calender contest and Advent Calender should only be revealed on a daily basis and not through the advance basis. Let's not ruin the mystery and surprise. :pir_laugh2: It will not be fun, if the prizes are revealed in advance.

The selection process is random. It's not based on the criteria of having more posts or being well known. Everyone of you have an equal chance, as long you have signed up for the earlier raffle which was conducted by Sinner. More importantly, you must also comply with the site guidelines on your avatar.

I entered that contest. Was the statement about the Avatar directed to me? If so, why? I currently don't have one.

I entered that contest. Was the statement about the Avatar directed to me? If so, why? I currently don't have one.

Found within the OP of the Mystery Raffle thread:

"To be eligible people need to have an avatar (it can be one of the generic ones if you want), and it must be compliant with the site guidelines on avatars."

SAY WHAA??? Wow talk about a suprise :pir-cry_happy: I won something, on day one! That's great thank you thank you!!

Looks like I won the 1237 Asimo Robot, I have no idea what on earth that is but hey sounds cool! I will PM Sinner ASAP, thanks a lot.

One question, the main prize is on the Calendar itself, I don't see the robot on it (I google imaged it so I know what it looks like now, it's a cool looking little bugger :pir-classic: ) So does that mean things such as the Green Grocer and Train set or prizes or are they just for show?

Thanks again for the wondorous gift and the holiday spirit!!

Edited by Matteo Kenobi

Found within the OP of the Mystery Raffle thread:

"To be eligible people need to have an avatar (it can be one of the generic ones if you want), and it must be compliant with the site guidelines on avatars."

Oh...guess I missed that part. Thanks dj2005.

That is just so... unexpected !!!

I love the idea, (especially that I couldn't resist myself while getting Castle Calendar and open it at once :pir-cry_happy: )

big 'thank-you' for all of you involved in that project :pir-blush:

Glad I signed up! Looks like great fun!

so wait a prize each day? As in 25 prizes total? Chances are good!

so wait a prize each day? As in 25 prizes total? Chances are good!

More due to three being given out the first day. :pir-cry_happy:

Oh and about 400 entrants. :angry:

Edited by Skelotic