Sign in to follow this  
samurai-turtle

Why only is it Mega Blocks?

I guess the title sums up the main question for curse words filter on this site. And, I know the staff is being a little silly with the filter. I guess what I an wondering why not some thing like Lincoln Logs too (it is just example not like I have any thing against them).

Thank You In Advance.

I guess the title sums up the main question for curse words filter on this site. And, I know the staff is being a little silly with the filter. I guess what I an wondering why not some thing like Lincoln Logs too (it is just example not like I have any thing against them).

Thank You In Advance.

I'm guessing because it's not a "Block" brand trying to take away LEGO's business. Like Mega B*ocks, K*eo, and the worst B*st L*ck.

I think it's because they are the most common clone brick. My brother had some of them, so I had fist hand experience. I noticed how difficult the plates were to attach, I noticed that some blocks had weak clutch power. I only had a few tyco blocks, and I actually thought they were better. Also, mega bloks had a fairly grim color pallette and tons of cheap paper stickers. All that added up to a sharp dislike for those bricks.

When the filter was customised they were the only real clone brand on the market. The software provides an option to prevent cursing at varied levels and what to replace instances with and Eurobricks has been running a long time now so the market competitor to LEGO seemed like the best option eh?

I never knew it filters that. Mega Bloks

Didn't work!

Mega Blocks

Other way around. :wink::laugh:

@LEGO3364 - Lincoln logs was the first thing that came to mind go figure. :def_shrug:

@Peppermint_M - I thought it might be some thing like that. I guess it is better to just ask, than not at all.

The funny thing is, to most of us "Megabl*ks" is a naughty word in real life anyway! You'd get a smack in my house for saying it... :laugh:

I guess the title sums up the main question for curse words filter on this site. And, I know the staff is being a little silly with the filter. I guess what I an wondering why not some thing like Lincoln Logs too...

Because Lincoln Logs is an irrelevant toy that does not really compete with LEGO and thus has few "haters" while MB has a long history of being a cheap-megablocks ripoff of our beloved favorite toy. Many of us have had the distinct displeasure of buying bins or bags of "LEGO" at garage sales or thrift stores only to get home and exclaim "Dammit! It's all F#@%!#& Megabloks!"

My brother had some of them, so I had fist hand experience.

Sounds like something the filter should refrase :grin: !

Well maybe the staff needs to have a close look at the filter and the philosophy behind it. I'll initiate such a discussion with the staff. I think most of the filtered words are there since many years now and the filter could maybe use some updating here and there. Most important for me is that it shouldn't make discussions difficult. For example, with Mega Blocks being one of the main competitors of LEGO it makes sense the name would pop-up in discussions from time to time.