Sign in to follow this  
Cutty

Favourite Food

So folks! I am in the mood to initiate silly and useless topics here since I intend to get wasted on red wine tonight!

So here it is, the possibly first "thread de manger" on Eurobricks!

Tell your Forum-Bros and Sis's what you are by telling them what you eat. All are welcome, may you be raging carnophiles, alcohol-absentees, chocaholics (like myself ^^), veggies or whatever ^^

The plan is here to get a view on the cuisine of choice of our fellow members, cause we all know how a culture is also defined through the dinners it serves. Please refrain from using obscure brand-names members outside your country will probably not know (this is especially valid to our american and UK members! what's that with all those cheesy product-monickers?!)

So under the very premise of "My diet is the grave I chose" let the culinary carnage begin ^^

Favourite food: Will taste all, though I am exceptionally reluctant when it comes to seafood. Fish, mussles and all other "fruit de mer" are not my type of chocolate ^^

Other more or less random stimuli: Chocolate, preferably above a certain percentage of cocoa (plus de 60% min.), wine (am no sommelier, who is a "wine-master" of sorts..., so I am hardly picky), beer which I AM picky about...I will taste all sorts though.

Favourite dish: Possibly something with spinach...or pasta...or something from greek cuisine (gosh how I just LOVE olives of all kind!!!)... In the end there is effectively too much to mention here ^^

And for the record: Yes! I do love eating, and exploring tastes of every kind. Does that make me a "gourmet-in-training"?

oh come on! I am already full on drunk, and nothing's here than a half warm "pizza"?! I am now officiallly disappointed...

Lamb chops, pork chops, steak chops, fish chops, bird chops...

Oh, and Maki-zushi, California rolls (and other Uramaki), Nigiri-zushi, but no sashimi (too raw).

I like pasta, especially spaghetti bolognaise! I love all kinds of meat, mostly chicken and also bacon. My favourite luxury is Chinese aromatic crispy duck :tongue: Gotta have something to look forwards too once in a while!

Jon.

louisiana style aligator! I cant remeber the name of the dish, aligator effoutoue? or something like that, it comes with a sweet creamy orange colored sauce. I know it sounds weird but its actually very tasty.

I like to eat pork, chicken and much other meat, I also love pasta of all kinds ;) and of coure things like pizza or lasagne!!! (getting hungry --> just got out of bed :$ )

I like foods that involve a heavy sauce or gravy best usually. Stews, egg foo young, turkey dinner, mashed potatoes and gravy or anything that has a thick white sauce. I prefer rice to noodles and enjoy most melons more so than other fruits. I enjoy bratwurst and other sausages very much and I enjoy a good pork loin or chop. Bacon is very dangerous for me as I tend to eat it in very unhealthy quantities. Beef is the preferable meat though I tend to eat more chicken to maintain a heathier weight. I enjoy spicy foods, sour foods (I love vinegar), salty foods (I generally exceed the recommended salt intake each and every day), and I have a powerful sweet tooth that I feed sugar based sweets (candy) instead of fat based (baked good/ice cream). I like to have a classic American salad with Italian dressing and croutons. Pickles are great as are cucumbers on their own. When going out I opt for chinese or burgers (not McDonalds) and when ordering in I opt for chinese or pizza (pepperoni or ham and pinnapple [ my favorite is sausage and green olive but no one shares my tastes]). Orange juice or red grapefruit are excellent and I very much enjoy scammbled eggs with cheese on top and hashbrowns for breakfast. Eggs are all around wonderful. Nuts like almond, macedamia and cashews are my favorite and I tend to chew on sunflower seeds most days.

I very much dislike strong green vegetables, cabbage, tomatos (I like tomato products like sauces or ketchup but not chunks), very stong onions, or anything that at anytime lived under water. I prefer farm bred to wild in most cases as taste is less "wild". I don't eat animal organs.

Just about anything octopus, cant say ways I dont like it.

Alive?? :wink:

Jon.

steak and ribs and other meats. i like pasta too, and coffee ice cream.

my favorite meal would have to be baked potatoes with a large steak mushroom gravy and no vegetables

I see a trend to non-vagetarism/veganism on these boards here. I find that interesting since it throws up question concerning the mutual dependance of age, social heritage, education and lifestyle. All before the background of Lego that is ^^ Any sociology-students here? Then take a break from omnipresent gender-studies (what a damn pain...everywhere...) and focus on some studies concerning hobbyist groups. Bet that'd be a blast to have some statistic on the "average AFOL".