So, I wanted to test a single RC motor with some very light, softly suspended vehicle. I've noticed the latest trend is to talk here about a MOC without actually showing anything, but let's do things the old way once more:

Some photos and a bit of reading: http://sariel.pl/2014/04/mini-monster-truck/

Finally, your best use of buggy motor power:)

Edited by rm8

That's some amazing performance! have you had any issues with the thermal protection of the batterybox kicking in?

Some time ago I build a buggy with the exact same electric setup but with smaller wheels and I had that issue quite often

Edited by Nico van Duin

have you had any isues with the thermal protection of the batterybox kicking in?

That's actually funny - the protection kicked in every now and then when indoors. Outdoors, where it was much colder, it never happened.

Hi

i really like your small and powerful car. But your hamster again is outstanding :)

Dino

Hi

i really like your small and powerful car. But your hamster again is outstanding :)

Dino

To say the truth - that is again Hamster's creation. (He use Pavel's muscle power, but tssss....thats a secret:))))

Edited by rm8

it could have been even lighter if you made it with axles and connectors instead of beams

funny one though!

Was the lack of differential noticable in any way? Also, do you pay your hamster enough for his hard work?

Was the lack of differential noticable in any way? Also, do you pay your hamster enough for his hard work?

It's because of the lacking differential that you can spin the truck, as shown in the video. Hamsters are affordable, this one still has to work for a threadwheel she broke ;)

It's because of the lacking differential that you can spin the truck, as shown in the video. Hamsters are affordable, this one still has to work for a threadwheel she broke ;)

One of these days your hamsters are going to unionize and strike!

I've actually gotten a vehicle with a differential to do handbrake turns and (to a limited extent) drift, using the LiPo battery, a servo, and 1 RC motor with 62.4 x 20 wheels and a total weight of about 500g, so it can be done with a differential - but your spins are much more dramatic than the ones I was able to do.