Sign in to follow this  
SkaForHire

Week 4 GA versus Week 5 Counters (Check this thread for accuracy)

Same as last week, please check for accuracy, I will post the official poll tomorrow.

VOTING: Anyone can vote!

Voting closes April 6th

Which side won? Which was the best counter build?

Judging criteria: This is a straight one versus one contest. The challenger versus the best (in your opinion) counter build (if there are multiple counter builds). So judge solely on Challenger versus best counter build. Remember, story should play a bit into your judging criteria. Also, a counter must effectively undo the guerrilla attack. Even if the Counter MOC is better, if you don't think it successfully undoes the guerrilla attack, you should probably vote for the guerrilla attack.

Thank you!

Zone: D8

Challenger: KAI NRG

16881965885_d5b9b90b93_z.jpgCapturing the Oil Rig by gid617, on Flickr

COUNTER:

JACOB NION

16753927109_c2010b4616_b.jpg

Zone: C8

Challenger: Garmadon

16266439843_ec68a328f2_z.jpgBurning the Fort by Robert4168/Garmadon, on Flickr

COUNTER

Dr. Cogg

16310315404_5d0542914d.jpg

Zone: J14

Challenger: Gideon

What Faction can counter: Ulandus

No Counter? High Council Wins

Zone: D10

Challenger: Elostirion

16899124895_7471b50643_z.jpgP3211109 by Elostirion1, on Flickr

COUNTERS:

LORDDAN

16781118438_e1878ce452_z.jpgResurrection by lorddan413, on Flickr

AND

Blufiji

1427520168m_DISPLAY.jpg

Zone: B7

Challenger: Umbra-Manis

640x480.jpg

COUNTER

Bacon Potatoes

fence2.jpg

Zone:J10

Challenger: Adair

16849023075_bdca8787bf_z.jpg

COUNTER:

Kai NRG

16356452604_0c77f21368_z.jpgHow Adira got to A15 by gid617, on Flickr

Zone: C9

Challenger: Bregir

16690564707_3eec941d43_z.jpg

COUNTER:

MKJOSHA

16754135677_778dcd3bac_c.jpg

Zone: g13

Challenger: MKJoshA

16639284400_dbff0a1eb0_c.jpg

COunter:

Garmadon

16921807946_4b9be7c0ce_z.jpgGoodbye! by Robert4168/Garmadon, on Flickr

Edited by SkaForHire

Between robuko and LordDan I believe they are all here :wink:

Here are the pics though:

Kai's - How Adira got to A15...

16356452604_0c77f21368.jpg

Blufiji's - No Title

1427520168m_DISPLAY.jpg

Mine - Goodbye!

16921807946_4b9be7c0ce_z.jpg

and Dr. Cogg's - Playing with Fire

16310315404_5d0542914d.jpg

I believe Umbra-Mantis' never got the right amount of approvals (if he even got any). I'm kind of curious to see how this sort of thing will play out. Seems like we have the same thing this week. Now obviously it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for us to waste our effort countering a build that never will be approved. But then on the other hand the last thing we want is for the build to get approved after the deadline for countering! So is there some way we could say that if the build doesn't have any approvals halfway through the week it's for it expires?

There was definitely another counter to my build (D10).

Edit: Nevermind, has already been posted avove.

Edited by Elostirion

Ok, let me reiterate, and I may have missed some of these -- but if the guerrilla is not posted in the Cat C thread, I am likely going to miss it. If the counter is not linked the Guerrilla's thread or at least in the Cat C thread, then I am likely going to miss it!!!

I understand what you are saying Kai, but that only gives a GA four days to get its approvals. I suppose we could stretch it to when I make the thread, (although that would still mean you would have to build counters for possible non-approved builds) however, many of these Guerrilla's get their exposure from the thread because we have so many builds in GOH right now!

Unless there are any more, I will probably start the official thread in a few hours.

What I was saying was at least one approval in those four days. I think that should be pretty easy? Even two might well be possible, and certainly a build that hasn't got even one in a min. of four days isn't likely to pass. If you post this thread each Tuesday, that would leave today at least for it to get it's one approval (halfway through the week it's for = halfway through the week after it was posted - the earlier it was posted the more time).

True, I see what you are saying, but we probably could not start that rule until next week. I totally get where you are going here, I just know it is hard to get enough approvals when some of these builds are blanketed under 50 posts... especially when someone goes on a commenting spree of the prior week!

On another note, we have to be the most active forum on EB, no?

On another note, we have to be the most active forum on EB, no?

Don't you mean DisneyTM bricks? :)

lol

I am worried that a DisneyTM rep will see that Minnie with a gun and not be happy. I used to work for the Mouse, I know how sensitive they can be!

lol

I am worried that a DisneyTMTM rep will see that Minnie with a gun and not be happy. I used to work for the Mouse, I know how sensitive they can be!

I bet so. Especially since their based in California. :wink: