BlueBard

A question for presentation.

As many of you probably know, I've been working in a City display for months :wink: Well it's not going to be extremely big but quite detailed, with a lot of MFs (not allways easy to have ) and work doesn't lend me so much time for MOCing these last times :angry::tongue:

Anyway, I hope to finish it for the first days of July (I've exams since then :grin: ) and I need a last purchase from BL but I've been having a great doubt about the presentation of the display which could change my BL order. I have two possibilities: one would be a large street with a bit of a corner, the other one would be more like a building block with some courtyards in the middle.

I need your advice: which do you prefer?

This is the first option:

presentation_1.jpg

presentation_1_2.jpg

And this is the second one:

presentation_2.jpg

presentation_2_2.jpg

presentation_2_3.jpg

Thanks for the help! :wink:

I don't know what level of crime rates you hope to withold in your city BlueBard, but if the Mob is going to survive, they need Alleyways to breathe.

Uimhir a dó. Number two. Spanish for number two. "#2" :wink:

I agree that number 2 is the best option. If, however, you are displaying it somewhere where people aren't able to walk all the way around it, you should switch to option 1. Perhaps you can add and index of your creations to the first post here. I've also blogged this discussion on Classic-Town.net

Thoroughly agree with Hinckley here. (good dog, I know, I know :tongue: )

If you're setting this up for your own pleasure & viewing, then I'd say the alleyway / "numero dos" design lends the whole layout a much better town-feel. I for one am planning on doing something of that kind for our first compact town layout, once we find time to build some more modular structures and set up our railways. Courtyard, street with corner, a few buildings and a park... should be nice for a start.

However, if your question is about a public display, then option number 1 would definitely be more impressive for the viewer.

Whatever you choose, make sure you post the final result once you've set this thing up. I'm sure it will look great, congratulations for reaching the "final layout" phase with that display - I know you've been planning it for quite a long time :)

You're fast for replying people! :wink: Thanks for your advices, I think I'll go for numero dos then! :tongue:

Hey BlueBard! May I ask what difference the BL order would make?

Just some more baseplates and specific bricks for details in the courtyards :wink:

I don't know what level of crime rates you hope to withold in your city BlueBard, but if the Mob is going to survive, they need Alleyways to breathe.

:tongue:

I agree that number 2 is the best option. If, however, you are displaying it somewhere where people aren't able to walk all the way around it, you should switch to option 1. Perhaps you can add and index of your creations to the first post here. I've also blogged this discussion on Classic-Town.net

It's going to be displayed for my own pleasure, as The Otters say (and EB's members' too, of course! :tongue:) so I suppose I'll keep the block option. About the index of the individual MOCs all the finished ones are in my signature.

And thank you very much for blogging me! :blush::wink:

Whatever you choose, make sure you post the final result once you've set this thing up. I'm sure it will look great, congratulations for reaching the "final layout" phase with that display - I know you've been planning it for quite a long time :)

Thanks! :sweet:

For a future expansion of this city block I would want to try some official Modular Structure (specially the CC :wub: but maybe that hyper-secret new one? ) and it would be quite useful to have official instructions for planning the future enlargements on LDD. Someone knows where could I have CC instructions on pdf? Thanks for helping! :wink:

BTW, you can still give your advices about the main question of this post. I'm not going to display it properly until the end of the month. :classic:

Tough choice, both have their advantages.

If you really like allyways then option 2 would be best, but with option 1 you also have an idea of an alley through the black fence on the side. I'd check how people would see it when on display, can they walk around it or not?

If not i'd definitly go with option 1, as it has a more ''grand'' look to it. If they do walk around i'd go with 2, as then all the sides will look nice.

Good luck on it! :thumbup:

Might i ask where you are going to display it?

Maybe provide us with some info or a link?

Members that are close to you might like to visit the show. :wink:

They are both nice, but as others have mentioned, I think it depends entirely upon how it will be displayed. #2 might be slightly more visually interesting, but if it's going to be on a shelf or a table that is against the wall, then you should go with option 1.

One suggestion I do have, whichever arrangement you go with, I would make sure that the two tan and two yellow buildings were separated, I try to never have two buildings of the same color next to each other.

Thanks for helping! :wink:

Tough choice, both have their advantages.

If you really like allyways then option 2 would be best, but with option 1 you also have an idea of an alley through the black fence on the side. I'd check how people would see it when on display, can they walk around it or not?

If not i'd definitly go with option 1, as it has a more ''grand'' look to it. If they do walk around i'd go with 2, as then all the sides will look nice.

Good luck on it! :thumbup:

Might i ask where you are going to display it?

Maybe provide us with some info or a link?

Members that are close to you might like to visit the show. :wink:

I think I used so often the word "display" that some people thought that it was going to be didsplayed on a convention or something :tongue: Halas, it's going to be just a little and private "display" for some friends :wink: I use to show them the buildings separately and they allways ask me for viewing the whole project so I decided to do this little exposition. Sorry if somebody misinterpreted me :grin:

Anyway I'm going to place it in a round table and people could turn around to see the back details, so for the moment option #2 look more attractive for me.

One suggestion I do have, whichever arrangement you go with, I would make sure that the two tan and two yellow buildings were separated, I try to never have two buildings of the same color next to each other.

I've also thought at that detail but I've tried to separate and place them in different position and I don't like very much the look :sad: The Cafe, the Comic Store (black one) and Al's store are a block but next to the second one none of the tan buildings looks well... Anyway I don't really think they look so bad in that way :look:

Edited by BlueBard