PKW

RC MajklSpajkl's Dawnbreaker by PKW

Hi to all!

Proud to present you my latest MOC… ops, sorry, my latest MOD!

First I have to thank MajklSpajkl that made an awesome MOC, but he has also made my work possible, so I decided to put some link to his creation:

original topic,

(where you can find instructions)

second here is my MOD:

important pieces I've add:

-lipo BB (same size of the AAA one)

-M motor

-L motor

-receiver

-16M axle

(EDIT ) -yellow shocks

-U-joint

I built this in more or less 30 minutes but it is a really funny creation! is has also a particular return-to-center steering based on an old force: GRAVITY!

how it works it is simple (hope I can explain it as simple as it is ahaha): the car has an high caster angle, this angle auto-center the wheels while running forward, I've put the M motor directly linked to the steering 5,5 axle and it works well! in fact when the motor move the steering it forces the mechanism so when you release the command this elastic force make the motor turning back more or less at the center, it is not important that it is perfectly centered, because the high play of the steering make the caster angle center it with more accuracy :3

here are some photos (it has different colors because i've not built it from the two original set)

EF5233DD-1334-400F-BE23-C943CF66767E.jpg

C47ACCA9-E26F-4E50-8DCA-D2579B6DF6D0.jpg

086F4F0E-A603-4C81-B8E0-6A2F3F1683B3.jpg

C52AECB4-5963-4D94-BC00-9E1211AB4499.jpg

010743C8-1A08-481F-A557-1418D1059043.jpg

Edited by PKW

Wow! First MOD of any MOC of mine! Thanks for considering it.

I see you used stronger spring for the rear axle, which was really necessary, the original one was way too soft.

And you've changed/mistaken the rear wing a bit, I like mine version better :-P

Motorisation of the Dawnbreaker was always my wish, but I didn't want to sacrifice the cockpit for the BB. I think with one of those 3rd party 9V battery connectors, I'd manage to squezze all on the rear axle, but I'm not sure if an M motor could be positioned and connected to the steering somewhere at the bottom of the cockpit.

Me too would be very happy to see it drive, I hope you make some moving pictures!

Thanks again, I feel honored ;-)

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Nice MOD! I'd love to see it driving, are you gonna make a video?

Wow! First MOD of any MOC of mine! Thanks for considering it.

I see you used stronger spring for the rear axle, which was really necessary, the original one was way too soft.

And you've changed/mistaken the rear wing a bit, I like mine version better :-P

Motorisation of the Dawnbreaker was always my wish, but I didn't want to sacrifice the cockpit for the BB. I think with one of those 3rd party 9V battery connectors, I'd manage to squezze all on the rear axle, but I'm not sure if an M motor could be positioned and connected to the steering somewhere at the bottom of the cockpit.

Me too would be very happy to see it drive, I hope you make some moving pictures!

Thanks again, I feel honored ;-)

hope I can film something tomorrow, but I'm not sure

yes, I changed the rear wing, just because of my taste :grin:

on the rear axle that configuration IMHO is the best one for a good ratio of speed/power :devil: the use of an old 9V BB could improve the cockpit also using a 4M axle with stop instead of the 5,5 one, I could try ;) you car was really well designed (mine is only one stud longer and has that shocks absorbers :3) considering your limits due to the contest ;) and this motorized version is really simple-roboust-funny because it has a good starting MOC :thumbup:

proud to be the first to build a MOD of yours creation :wub: the idea comes when a frind of mine asked me to buid a car for his brother, and searching something simple to buy and make yours is the best being taken from two sets :3

Looks like it should be very quick! Video please :thumbup:

its speed is more or less 5km/h ;) unluckly today probably is going to rain and also tomorrow, so you have to wait long time for the video :'(

BUT i've just uploaded a new video on my youtube channel and i'll make a topic just right now :3

English mistakes :line17 word "back"- you wrote it without the letter "c"

AWESOME MOD !!! If I had all the parts...

English mistakes :line17 word "back"- you wrote it without the letter "c"

AWESOME MOD !!! If I had all the parts...

ahahah thank you! you're The frist To follow my suggestion To tell me my mistakes, it is a typing one because of the dictionary of my Phone.

what pieces do you need? some of them could be substituted, The lipo/AA BB is not necessary, about The video unfortunatelly I think I Can make it the frist of june :(

this is the best i can do with LDD, unfortunately the abundance of forcing parts in the real one is really difficult to replicate, 16M flex rod doesn't flex :( and when I have finishd it Ldd crashed -.- so rebuilding the last part I understood that I've chosen LDD classic and I can't put the PF elements.. hope you like it and if someone can ad an L motor placeholder I'll thank him ;) if you want I can update this LDD file to the original version :3

dawnbraker rc mod.lxf